Opinion of the Mandela Effect?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:42:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of the Mandela Effect?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FT
HT
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of the Mandela Effect?  (Read 169 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 17, 2021, 01:41:47 PM »

Reading the sub on reddit is like reading someone with dissociative identity disorder having conversations with his other personalities. For those who don't know, the Mandela Effect is used to explain memories of events that are discovered to be false. Instead of exploring the possibility that they are misremembering or confusing it with something else, Mandela Effect believers think that their memory is correct, and there has been a disturbance in the fabric of time or a giant conspiracy to change the circumstances they remember.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 01:46:48 PM »

meme theory
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 02:24:00 PM »

Collective misrememberings are an interesting bit of trivia, not dissimilar to repeated misconceptions or commonly misapplied words or phrases.  I think most people harmlessly engage with "Mandela Effects" in this way, as opposed to believing there are parallel universes or something.  Still voted HT...but it's just a harmless Internet phenomenon at the end of the day, lol     
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 03:11:16 PM »

Collective misrememberings are an interesting bit of trivia, not dissimilar to repeated misconceptions or commonly misapplied words or phrases.  I think most people harmlessly engage with "Mandela Effects" in this way, as opposed to believing there are parallel universes or something.  Still voted HT...but it's just a harmless Internet phenomenon at the end of the day, lol     

For some that might be the case, but if you read some threads on the sub, they are legitimately angry that reality is different than what they remember.

https://np.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/m42i1f/snow_white_magic_mirror_vs_mirror_mirror/gqthgup

I didn't want to copy and paste a bunch of different examples but there are a lot in the sub if you look. In the same comment thread a guy thinks the Mandela Effect can be explained by the fact that he died 8 years ago and was switched to an alternative timeline.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 04:15:08 PM »

For some that might be the case, but if you read some threads on the sub, they are legitimately angry that reality is different than what they remember.

https://np.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/comments/m42i1f/snow_white_magic_mirror_vs_mirror_mirror/gqthgup

I didn't want to copy and paste a bunch of different examples but there are a lot in the sub if you look. In the same comment thread a guy thinks the Mandela Effect can be explained by the fact that he died 8 years ago and was switched to an alternative timeline.

I don’t care what anonymous teenagers have to say on Reddit, lol
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 05:44:03 PM »

I have my own one of these. I remember a scene from the Simpsons where everyone is booing Mr. Burns, and Smithers tell him they're actually saying "Boo-urns!," so Mr. Burns asks the crowd to clarify whether that's true, and they all say they were booing, but then Lenny says sheepishly, "I was saying boo-urns..."

And then one day I catch that scene on TV, and all of a sudden it's Moleman saying that line. So either I just misremembered ... or I could take inspiration from that reddit and decide that I crossed over from an alternate universe in which everything is the same except that that episode was produced with Lenny saying the line.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies