KY-Sen 2022: Charles Booker in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:31:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-Sen 2022: Charles Booker in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY-Sen 2022: Charles Booker in  (Read 9363 times)
KYRockefeller
Rookie

« on: July 01, 2021, 08:18:40 AM »

I really wish a well funded third party would run in this race because as it stands, this is going to be a race of extreme right and left that's going to leave a LOT of people in the middle unhappy with their choices.

I wish Rocky Adkins would give this race a go, but that's not going to happen.
KYRockefeller
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 04:26:36 AM »

D's do need more black Senators and Booker as well as Ras Smith in a blue wave can win, in 500 days

It would have to be one heck of a blue wave for them to win Kentucky (and that wave will collapse if inflation ends up being more than a temporary blip).  The state is not like Illinois or Pennsylvania where Dems can just boost turnout in the metro areas of Louisville and Lexington and win.  They have to breakthrough in rural areas of the state or in places that lean Republican in Northern KY and Warren County.  There's no way I see Booker's platform resonating well enough in those areas.

There are also those who were McGrath supporters in the last election who aren't happy with Booker because they argue he didn't do enough to support the ticket last fall.  McGrath had no chance of winning anyway, but I don't see a Booker candidacy holding onto any ancestral Democrats or getting enough of them on board to do significantly better.
KYRockefeller
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 02:29:30 PM »

D's do need more black Senators and Booker as well as Ras Smith in a blue wave can win, in 500 days

It would have to be one heck of a blue wave for them to win Kentucky (and that wave will collapse if inflation ends up being more than a temporary blip).  The state is not like Illinois or Pennsylvania where Dems can just boost turnout in the metro areas of Louisville and Lexington and win.  They have to breakthrough in rural areas of the state or in places that lean Republican in Northern KY and Warren County.  There's no way I see Booker's platform resonating well enough in those areas.

There are also those who were McGrath supporters in the last election who aren't happy with Booker because they argue he didn't do enough to support the ticket last fall.  McGrath had no chance of winning anyway, but I don't see a Booker candidacy holding onto any ancestral Democrats or getting enough of them on board to do significantly better.

2021 CALI RECALL IF Newsom survives, will tell us about the blue blue wave, but UBI benefits are very popular, Biden and Manchin and Sinema are wasting a Golden opportunity to raise the D approvals to 60% once again by bypassing another round of 1K stimulus checks

It's a 304 map but a blue wave isn't out of the question

And add even more inflationary pressure to the economy?  Doesn't sound like a great idea.
KYRockefeller
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 09:04:17 PM »

I have to think Booker sort of regrets jumping into the Senate race so early.  There's zero chance he beats Rand Paul here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies