What does everyone think about Paramount+?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:02:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What does everyone think about Paramount+?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What does everyone think about Paramount+?  (Read 223 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2021, 12:23:13 AM »

I haven't subscribed yet, but honestly I think with the sheer amount of back catalog it has, it might very well be the best streaming service. Debating if I should start now. The main appeal would be Beavis and Butt-head, and the upcoming movie...in fact that alone solidifies I'll get Paramount+ at some point in the future just to see that.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 06:14:25 AM »

I haven't subscribed yet, but honestly I think with the sheer amount of back catalog it has, it might very well be the best streaming service. Debating if I should start now. The main appeal would be Beavis and Butt-head, and the upcoming movie...in fact that alone solidifies I'll get Paramount+ at some point in the future just to see that.

While I can see why that would be the case for you and maybe ten other degenerates, no.  for the cost of a little over three months of P+, you can get the complete collection of existing B&BH content on DVD. While B&BH will be a reason for many people to consider P+, it won't be the main reason except for a very few.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 12:28:59 PM »

While I can see why that would be the case for you and maybe ten other degenerates, no.  for the cost of a little over three months of P+, you can get the complete collection of existing B&BH content on DVD.
Which I actually own. I don't have it in my current location though.

Still that's not really the main point, it's more for the upcoming movie that'll be a P+ exclusive. So I'll have to get P+ for at least a month for that.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 03:39:40 PM »

While I can see why that would be the case for you and maybe ten other degenerates, no.  for the cost of a little over three months of P+, you can get the complete collection of existing B&BH content on DVD.

Still that's not really the main point, it's more for the upcoming movie that'll be a P+ exclusive. So I'll have to get P+ for at least a month for that.

And again, that'll apply to a very small minority of people who get the service.  B&BH will certainly not be the main reason most people subscribe to P+. It may be the main appeal to you, but it should be abundantly clear to you by now that your "taste" in popular culture is not widely shared.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 03:41:51 PM »

While I can see why that would be the case for you and maybe ten other degenerates, no.  for the cost of a little over three months of P+, you can get the complete collection of existing B&BH content on DVD.

And again, that'll apply to a very small minority of people who get the service.  B&BH will certainly not be the main reason most people subscribe to P+. It may be the main appeal to you, but it should be abundantly clear to you by now that your "taste" in popular culture is not widely shared.

I think you're greatly underestimating the devotion to Beavis and Butt-head amongst elder Millennials/young Gen Xers.

For the record P+ will probably also be the easiest way for me to watch the new season that's supposedly launching this year.

100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 05:08:46 PM »

If I had CBS All Access, am I automatically subscribed to this?  I mostly just used CBSAA to watch old seasons of Survivor.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 05:35:38 PM »

If I had CBS All Access, am I automatically subscribed to this?  I mostly just used CBSAA to watch old seasons of Survivor.

I think so because it's just a rebranding. It makes sense though because all the good content on it goes way beyond CBS.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 06:12:02 PM »

I think so because it's just a rebranding. It makes sense though because all the good content on it goes way beyond CBS.

I don't understand why certain shows aren't on that channel's streaming service. I wanted to watch CSI NY but they don't have it. Law and Order isn't on any of them despite being really popular.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 06:41:48 PM »

I don't understand why certain shows aren't on that channel's streaming service. I wanted to watch CSI NY but they don't have it. Law and Order isn't on any of them despite being really popular.

That's actually pretty obvious: because the network doesn't hold the rights to those shows. It's the same situation with Friends and Seinfeld that aren't on Peacock: Because the studio kept the licensing rights and merely licensed it to NBC during the original runs instead of selling it entirely to them. This way the studio gets all the syndication money from those shows (which is tons, think of how often they're still on in syndication) and then later the profits from any streaming rights (also tons, considering how much Netflix paid for Friends initially before it became an HBOMax exclusive or no doubt how much Hulu paid for Seinfeld.) The two shows you mentioned are also huge in syndication so it makes sense that the production studios would want to keep the rights.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 06:48:35 PM »

That's actually pretty obvious: because the network doesn't hold the rights to those shows. It's the same situation with Friends and Seinfeld that aren't on Peacock: Because the studio kept the licensing rights and merely licensed it to NBC during the original runs instead of selling it entirely to them. This way the studio gets all the syndication money from those shows (which is tons, think of how often they're still on in syndication) and then later the profits from any streaming rights (also tons, considering how much Netflix paid for Friends initially before it became an HBOMax exclusive or no doubt how much Hulu paid for Seinfeld.) The two shows you mentioned are also huge in syndication so it makes sense that the production studios would want to keep the rights.

Yeah, but L&O and SVU have always been produced (or at least co-produced), distributed and aired  by NBC Universal and its predecessors
Also, both of them, and quote a few other Dick Wolf shows, are on Peacock and its international equivalents
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 07:02:23 PM »

Streaming services really need to consolidate. This is getting ridiculous.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 07:46:17 PM »

Yeah, but L&O and SVU have always been produced (or at least co-produced), distributed and aired  by NBC Universal and its predecessors
Also, both of them, and quote a few other Dick Wolf shows, are on Peacock and its international equivalents

The domestic syndication rights were picked up by various cable channels and getting them back as streaming exclusives probably isn't worth it to Dick Wolf.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies