New official NPC thread (August polls coming, campaigning open) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:36:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New official NPC thread (August polls coming, campaigning open) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New official NPC thread (August polls coming, campaigning open)  (Read 12503 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« on: March 28, 2021, 12:02:15 AM »

By the way, Mr. GM, just for the record – that event which was posted five seconds after the deadline was previously posted in my office thread, as all of my events have been.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 11:51:13 PM »

Are the parties not allowed only one event before Election Day, even if that one event includes multiple speeches from different people? Cao has posted several different events well past the deadline.

Peanut has not given any indication that he has changed Lumine's policy on that. As far as I am aware, Lumine has allowed events posted before midnight EST regardless of whether daylight savings was in operation.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 11:51:34 PM »

Anyway…

Mr. GM, the Labor DA Federalist mega-rally in Oklahoma City Miami Nyman is our final act on the campaign trail and should be treated as a single event.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 12:27:33 PM »

Nyman State Election:

Gubernatorial result:
Federalist win, Governor Spanier reelected

Incoming Legislature:
Federalist Council majority

Good Friday indeed!

By the way, may I ask the GM if this still applies?

Question: Is there a penalty for intentionally carpetbagging to a state that is in play?

If someone starts doing that in an obvious way to game the system, then yes. Ideally I wouldn't have to, but there will penalties involved if people try to take advantage.

(So people are encouraged to let me know if it happens)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 11:03:01 PM »

Hate to be that guy but I’m pretty sure Poirot just violated the campaign limit in MA.
Is there actually a limit?
4 daily per person, imposed by Lumine. Labor has been abiding by this strictly so it would be quite alarming if the GM office decides to disregard it without warning.

Poirot hadn’t broken the limit at the time you posted your initial complaint (though he has by now, of course):

RULES CHANGE FOR FEBRUARY
Brief Summary

A.- CAPS: We will experiment with the first attempt at party and personal caps to see its effects on the arms race, the system will be subject to changes depending on how well it works (or not). Current February caps are setat 80 events per party in total, and a personal limit of 5 per day.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 02:02:57 PM »

Governor Joanne Campbell is not running for reelection. The Federalist candidate this cycle is state Senate Leader Elaine Stone.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 12:34:55 AM »

Very happy rl developments have kept me from the forum, I'm glad to say.

Congratulations!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 12:01:16 AM »

Mr. GM, will we be getting August polling or events this weekend?
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2021, 11:59:41 PM »

Mr. GM,

For the cycle that was slated to take place this August, and will hopefully resume in September with prior events graded and accounted for,

…are we not moving to the next cycle for September? Did I miss a memo somewhere? Very possible I did, but please enlighten me.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2021, 10:55:39 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2021, 11:03:21 PM by At-large Senator Joseph Cao »

Mr. GM,

For the cycle that was slated to take place this August, and will hopefully resume in September with prior events graded and accounted for,

…are we not moving to the next cycle for September? Did I miss a memo somewhere? Very possible I did, but please enlighten me.

Peanut never posted any polls or events. Why would we move to the next cycle when we don't know what's happening in the current one?

Lumine never did last July and moved on to the next cycle anyway – and there was a comparable number of events posted and graded during that month. There have been several cycles in addition where polling came very late, nearly or actually too late to matter for campaigning, and if Peanut somehow showed up within five minutes of the time of writing to post them he'd fall within this category.

If Peanut had been completely MIA and unable to attend to NPCs as he was this July, I'd see the argument for that. But he quite clearly posted a campaign schedule that everyone except for him has followed.

EDIT: if I am interpreting this correctly it's also the case that the GM is bound to run NPCs at the end of every month unless they are cancelled beforehand. Peanut could probably override that if he wanted but he'd have to do it before the end of the schedule he's set for himself and everyone here.

Quote from: GM Directive #003
The Pontifex Maximus shall run NPC elections for the state and local governments of the Republic of Atlasia at the end of every month, based upon a public and previously determined calendar and schedule. This and subsequent directives regarding said elections will be legally based upon Article VI, Section 1 of the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia; and Section 3, ii. b of the Game Engine Reconstruction Act.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies