New official NPC thread (August polls coming, campaigning open) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:35:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New official NPC thread (August polls coming, campaigning open) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New official NPC thread (August polls coming, campaigning open)  (Read 12533 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« on: March 15, 2021, 10:34:35 AM »

I would ask that the GM office please provide popularity characterizations ASAP so we can campaign accordingly.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 05:16:41 PM »

As DA's NPC coordinator, I hereby declare that all of our candidates are angels sent from heaven and they will perform miracles on behalf of the people of atlasia if elected.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 08:58:32 PM »

What is the canon explanation of why some states have different electoral systems this month?
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 06:35:08 AM »

Post NJ Thoughts/Suggestions:
1. The timing debacle way unfortunate to say the least. I was under the impression that I had all night to do more events, then I find out its too late, and then you did extend it to 10 but by that point I had already given up and decided to do other things that evening. So please communicate deadlines well in advanced as much as possible.
2. I don't like or see the need for states to have any electoral system other than IRV. I'd say that in the case of NJ it just made the experience worse and provided nothing in return, unless you're a Laborite happy that it helped them. But from a general player's perspective, it took away a week of gameplay. It makes no sense to me that this was ever done. Lincoln, please repeal.
3. Defense is hard, and I don't think this is exclusive to any state or party. It just feels like its constant grasping at straws, because there's not much to go off of. You would think that you're campaigning on what your government accomplished but I have no idea what my government accomplished. I think this inherently makes offense the stronger position, because you can just campaign on whatever you want that way, and I wouldn't be surprised if we gain other seats while losing the seat we had to defend this month. Though I am not sure what solution to offer that doesn't involve writing longer summaries for each state.
4. NPC elections are at severe risk of becoming repetitive. Perhaps this is why Lincoln passed those other voting systems but it has utterly failed. It feels increasingly like a chore to churn out speeches over and over again now, so I personally don't have much motivation, and I don't think this is exclusive to me. Something has to change here.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2021, 12:55:10 PM »

Tbh OBD, you put words in other people's mouths enough during in-character campaigning.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2021, 07:12:26 PM »

Tbh OBD, you put words in other people's mouths enough during in-character campaigning.
Buddy, I play the game within the bounds set by the GM, and judging by the results thus far, I play it well. And I most certainly don't b*tch and moan at the GM when things don't go my way.
As one of the most active folks in the NPC elections I can tell you that I feel a lot of the same way. Yes, even in states where we’re likely to win, it feels less like fun and more like something I’m just doing because I feel an obligation to. I highly doubt that this is what Lumine had in mind when he created this, and he can respond as such if that is true.
That's a fair point. Thanks for actually responding to my response in good faith.

As always, I'm eager to work with y'all and Peanut to make these more engaging. I think good progress has been made on that front so far and that proposals floated both here and in Lokcord have the potential to spice things up. But if you're going to cast blame on Labor or rule changes (that affected both parties, mind you) for 'ruining NPC elections' then this discussion is over.
That's not what I'm doing here, nor did I ever say that NPC elections have failed. I was expressing the exact sentiment that WB just said. You responded in bad faith, so please chill out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies