Black Republicans in 2020 vs Black Democrats in 1920
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:00:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Black Republicans in 2020 vs Black Democrats in 1920
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which was more common?/Which required more cognitive dissonance?
Black Democrats in 1920/Black Democrats in 1920

Black Democrats in 1920/Black Republicans in 2020

Black Republicans in 2020/Black Republicans in 2020

Black Republicans in 2020/Black Democrats in 1920

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Black Republicans in 2020 vs Black Democrats in 1920  (Read 761 times)
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2021, 08:15:06 PM »

I'm going to go with option 2. While 1920 itself was probably a rock bottom year for Democrats with the black vote after eight years of Wilson and the Harding landslide politics was far less nationalized in that era and I could see some northern Democrats, particularly big city machines making an effort to at least win over a minority of the black vote in their cities. In some areas the local Democrats may have even been slightly less racist then the northern Republicans. Today the GOP is the natural home for racists everywhere. There also were legitimate economic reasons black voters who didn't owe their careers to Republican patronage would have had for favoring the Democrats in the fourth party system. Today the GOP really offers nothing to black voters aside from those who are extremely religious and socially conservative, extremely wealthy or extremely anti-immigrant or some combination of the three.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 08:43:26 PM »

Why don't you let black people think for themselves instead of deciding for them which party they should support?

User2836
legitinsanelunatic22
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 09:34:07 PM »

I think Cox got like 3% of black support, compared to the 8 to 12% for Trump. And based on population growth alone, there are obviously more Black Trump 2020 voters.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 11:59:14 PM »

I think Cox got like 3% of black support, compared to the 8 to 12% for Trump. And based on population growth alone, there are obviously more Black Trump 2020 voters.

Add to that the fact that most black Southerners couldn't vote, and a much higher percentage of the black population lived in the South back then.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 12:58:41 PM »

There was probably more support for Democrats at the state and local level though then Republicans today. 3% was also probably the floor.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 01:01:28 PM »

Why don't you let black people think for themselves instead of deciding for them which party they should support?

I'm not, i'm also capable of making objective judgements. I wouldn't be offended if a non Irish-Catholic pointed out that an Irish-Catholic in Ulster voting for the DUP was beyond delusional.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies