How would Tulsi Gabbard have voted on Gorsuch/Kavanaugh/Barrett if she were a Senator?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:01:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  How would Tulsi Gabbard have voted on Gorsuch/Kavanaugh/Barrett if she were a Senator?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would Tulsi Gabbard have voted on Gorsuch/Kavanaugh/Barrett if she were a Senator?  (Read 971 times)
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2021, 05:51:34 PM »

How would she have voted on them if she were a Senator instead of Brian Schatz or Mazie Hirono?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 12:50:48 AM »

Yes on Gorsuch, no on Kavanaugh (I don't think she'd be a fan of the sexual assault), no on Coney Barrett (but she'd likely also be a no on whomever Biden picked. Her objection would likely be due to the timing of the nomination).
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 07:03:09 PM »

Yes on Gorsuch, yes on Kavanaugh, and yes on Barrett. She wouldn't care that it would get her primaried out.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 09:50:50 PM »

Speaking as a strong critic of Gabbard, I think she would have quietly voted no on all three. I don't think she's enough of a DINO to actively support any of them. Each of the nominations would have given her an excuse to oppose them other than the arguments used by mainstream Democrats. With Gorsuch, Senate Republicans nuked the filibuster to confirm him. With Kavanaugh, even Murkowski voted no because of the sexual assault allegations. With Coney Barrett, even Manchin voted no because of the timing. So Gabbard probably would have opposed all three nominations and either refused to comment or given the previous reasons for opposing each of them.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 06:24:47 PM »

Speaking as a strong critic of Gabbard, I think she would have quietly voted no on all three. I don't think she's enough of a DINO to actively support any of them. Each of the nominations would have given her an excuse to oppose them other than the arguments used by mainstream Democrats. With Gorsuch, Senate Republicans nuked the filibuster to confirm him. With Kavanaugh, even Murkowski voted no because of the sexual assault allegations. With Coney Barrett, even Manchin voted no because of the timing. So Gabbard probably would have opposed all three nominations and either refused to comment or given the previous reasons for opposing each of them.
Gabbard took a hard right turn in her final term in the House.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 04:28:24 AM »
« Edited: March 30, 2021, 04:35:06 AM by Chips »

No on all 3. I think a lot of people forget that although she has spoken out against Democrats on some foreign policy issues, She's still a progressive at heart. Being pro-choice and now supporting LGBT.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 07:44:54 AM »

Tulsi Gabbard is only a DINO by today's standards where unless you vote with your party >90% of the time then you're a fake. I didn't like Gabbard, I thought she was a bit shady and I thought her publicity stunts were often a joke, but she's not a Republican operative.

I think she'd have voted in favor of Gorsuch if she wasn't the deciding vote and would've voted against the other two no matter what.
I知 not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 09:51:02 AM »

No on all 3. I think a lot of people forget that although she has spoken out against Democrats on some foreign policy issues, She's still a progressive at heart. Being pro-choice and now supporting LGBT.
She sponsored anti-abortion and anti-LGBT bills in her final term.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 04:02:22 PM »

No to Gorsuch as she was less bipartisan back then. No to Kavanaugh, for the sexual assault allegations, but yes to Barrett, as Tulsi had come around by then, and Barrett didn't have any scandals.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2021, 02:27:22 PM »

Probably no on Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, but definitely yes on Amy Coney Barrett. I also think that Tulsi Gabbard would have also joined Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, Tommy Tuberville, Rick Scott, Cindy Hyde Smith, Cynthia Lummis, John Kennedy, and Roger Marshall in objecting to the electoral college vote on January 6.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 10:18:17 PM »

I also think that Tulsi Gabbard would have also joined Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, Tommy Tuberville, Rick Scott, Cindy Hyde Smith, Cynthia Lummis, John Kennedy, and Roger Marshall in objecting to the electoral college vote on January 6.

lmao no

My guess is no to all three. The easiest yest vote I can see is for Gorsuch, who's the least objectionable on a personal level and whose OTL confirmation process was the least acrimonious in hindsight.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies