Progressives + DSA take over Nevada Democratic Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:38:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Progressives + DSA take over Nevada Democratic Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Progressives + DSA take over Nevada Democratic Party  (Read 7342 times)
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2021, 11:27:50 PM »

It's far from obvious to me that Nevada is the kind of swingy that rewards moderate Smiley-ness. It's not like the NVGOP produces particularly moderate Smiley figures (other than one Brian Sandoval). It seems more like a state that's polarized between two parties with very high floors, more of a Wisconsin or North Carolina than a Maine, so in that context it doesn't seem to me that electing DSA-affiliated party mandarins suddenly dooms CCM two years out.

Oh, you're completely right here. Nevada just rewards organizing, competence, and machine politics. And I don't have faith in these DSA types to be sufficiently competent at running a functional party machine--at least better than Reid allies. I hope to be proven wrong.

Well, they were clearly well-organized and competent enough to take over the party in the first place.

That's a completely different endeavor. State party activists are...an odd bunch. Whatever. Just as long as that senate seat stays locked down.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2021, 11:35:26 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2021, 07:18:19 PM by Hindsight was 2020 »

I got to admit I don’t really get the guillotines meme or why there are leftist circles that thinks it’s funny? Maybe it’s because I think Robespierre was a massive pos or that the Reign of Terror was a awful event but the humor doesn’t translate
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2021, 11:40:39 PM »

IDK, but this looks and feels way too much like the VA GOP in 2013!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2021, 11:48:18 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2021, 12:00:45 AM by GoTfan »

Good to see the usual crowd taking this about as well as could be expected.

I thought we were the only ones who had the hissy fits. Progressives voted for Biden en masse while you people were telling them to line up behind Biden. They did. The second they won an election, you hacks are wanting people you agree to work around the state party and undermine their authority, the very thing you accuse progressives of every single hour of the day.

You're not Democrats. You're anti-progressives.

Never, ever, EVER bring up unity again, you utter, utter hypocrites.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2021, 11:56:15 PM »

I got to admit I do really get the guillotines meme or why there are leftist circles that thinks it’s funny? Maybe it’s because I think Robespierre was a massive pos or that the Reign of Terror was a awful event but the humor doesn’t translate

Leftism has three fundamental principles:

1:  Democrats are the real enemy
2:  Kill all rich people
3:  Amerikkka bad

As long as you say something that falls into one of those three buckets, you are 100% guaranteed approval, and the stronger or cutesier your sentiment the more social media plaudits you will earn.

And that's, basically, the entire game.  Copy+paste Bernie's platform as your core beliefs, and memorize a handful of talking points so you can dunk on Republicans.  But most of your time is going to be spent making and/or sharing memes and commentary about one of those three principles.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2021, 12:01:23 AM »

I got to admit I do really get the guillotines meme or why there are leftist circles that thinks it’s funny? Maybe it’s because I think Robespierre was a massive pos or that the Reign of Terror was a awful event but the humor doesn’t translate

Leftism has three fundamental principles:

1:  Democrats are the real enemy
2:  Kill all rich people
3:  Amerikkka bad

As long as you say something that falls into one of those three buckets, you are 100% guaranteed approval, and the stronger or cutesier your sentiment the more social media plaudits you will earn.

And that's, basically, the entire game.  Copy+paste Bernie's platform as your core beliefs, and memorize a handful of talking points so you can dunk on Republicans.  But most of your time is going to be spent making and/or sharing memes and commentary about one of those three principles.

How much straw did you need for that post?
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2021, 12:03:25 AM »

I thought we were the only ones who had the hissy fits. Progressives voted for Biden en masse while you people were telling them to line up behind Biden. They did. The second they won an election, you hacks are wanting them to work around the state party and undermine their authority.

Oh get over yourself.

All I'm doing--and all I see anyone else doing--is expressing concern over the plausible electoral consequences of this. I assume I speak for everyone when I say I'm happy to give them a chance--I'm just not optimistic a bunch of DSA activists will actually do the job better than the Reid machine and a lot is on the line. Anyhow, I wish them success and I wish the Democratic Party another happy decade of coalition building.

Edit: GMac may be doing his own thing, but that's to be expected.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2021, 12:04:53 AM »

I thought we were the only ones who had the hissy fits. Progressives voted for Biden en masse while you people were telling them to line up behind Biden. They did. The second they won an election, you hacks are wanting them to work around the state party and undermine their authority.

Oh get over yourself.

All I'm doing--and all I see anyone else doing--is expressing concern over the plausible electoral consequences of this. I assume I speak for everyone when I say I'm happy to give them a chance--I'm just not optimistic a bunch of DSA activists will actually do the job better than the Reid machine and a lot is on the line. Anyhow, I wish them success and I wish the Democratic Party another happy decade of coalition building.

One look through this entire thread disproves that people want them to succeed.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2021, 12:07:38 AM »

SO PLEASE, WATCH YOUR MESSAGING AND KEEP PEOPLE IN LINE.

I imagine they won't be making up stories of chairs being thrown by supporters of Democrats they don't like for the national media to report on endlessly. I can't say so much for all the people who took the money the party had and left.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2021, 12:08:02 AM »

226 and its machine are still completely intact and this will all be forgotten in three days. No one cares.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2021, 12:08:24 AM »

Oh get over yourself.

The only person who *might* be doing that is Gass. And Kingpoleon, I guess, but he isn't actually a Democrat so that doesn't prove your point. Sure, you have plenty of red avs who are--reasonably--a bit disappointed about this but people aren't rooting against them.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2021, 12:09:06 AM »

Oh get over yourself.

The only person who *might* be doing that is Gass. And Kingpoleon, I guess, but he isn't actually a Democrat so that doesn't prove your point. Sure, you have plenty of red avs who are--reasonably--a bit disappointed about this but people aren't rooting against them.

You and i are looking at different threads then.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2021, 12:10:02 AM »

Oh get over yourself.

You and i are looking at different threads then.
Cite.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2021, 12:31:15 AM »

Nevada is like the worst state this could’ve happened to as well...
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2021, 12:32:52 AM »

Yup, it’s over. Congrats Senator Adam Laxalt.

Tankies need to be purged from the Democratic Party ASAP or we're screwed everywhere.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2021, 12:41:34 AM »

Yup, it’s over. Congrats Senator Adam Laxalt.

Tankies need to be purged from the Democratic Party ASAP or we're screwed everywhere.

Completely agree, this random low-level organizer is surely going to doom the re-election chances of Joe Biden in 2024. Also, this tweet definitely proves that she is committed Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Dengist, which is the fastest growing and most destructive wing of the modern Democratic Party.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2021, 12:42:44 AM »

I am a progressive. DSA-types are not progressives and they cannot win a general election in Nevada.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2021, 12:46:02 AM »

Personally as a New Hampshirite I would like this development to cement our FITN status
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2021, 12:48:39 AM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2021, 12:51:22 AM »

Good God the centrist handwringing in this thread is tedious.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2021, 12:54:01 AM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2021, 12:57:52 AM »

Social democracy is the moderate wing of fascism and has historically sided with fascists against the left.

Lol what utter nonsense.

If someone believes that social democrats are "moderate fascists", they're so far left they're falling off the table.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2021, 01:00:18 AM »

Social democracy is the moderate wing of fascism and has historically sided with fascists against the left.

Lol what utter nonsense.

If someone believes that social democrats are "moderate fascists", they're so far left they're falling off the table.

It's standard rhetoric from the Stalinist era. Social democrats are, their eyes, 'social fascists'.

It's of course total f**king nonsense.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2021, 01:08:47 AM »

CCM is going to lose, isn’t she? What a mess.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2021, 01:12:55 AM »

CCM is going to lose, isn’t she? What a mess.

Sounds like you're rooting for them to fail
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies