Derek Chauvin trial megathread (SENTENCED TO 22.5 YEARS IN PRISON) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:55:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Derek Chauvin trial megathread (SENTENCED TO 22.5 YEARS IN PRISON) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How long will Chauvin be sentenced?
40+ years

20-39 years

10-19 years

<10 years

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Derek Chauvin trial megathread (SENTENCED TO 22.5 YEARS IN PRISON)  (Read 43063 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: March 07, 2021, 10:35:56 PM »

I think there's roughly a 90% chance of a hung jury/mistrial.

They're not going to be able to keep all black people off the jury. This isn't Alabama decades ago. And the odds aren't great that they'll be able to keep all racists off the jury.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 01:31:36 PM »

He has to be prosecuted.

I want him executed, on the death penalty.

Um, no. Manslaughter charge is appropriate.

I would go Second Degree Murder, but that's not a death penalty crime either.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 04:46:59 PM »

I think Chauvin is toast and will get convicted of Manslaughter. I think the other 3 officers will be acquitted.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're all offered sweetheart plea deals to go against Chauvin.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 01:57:22 PM »

1) Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but let's not forget that Floyd's death was ultimately over alleged counterfeit $20 bill. We should all be alarmed and livid if our society decided that is a reasonable cause for deadly force.

2) The firefighter's testimony sounds pretty damning.

Society in no way decided the counterfeit $20 was justification for deadly force. Everyone handled that by the book up to the moment that Derek Chauvin decided to slowly murder a man in front of dozens of witnesses and ordered his subordinates to serve as accessories.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 04:08:49 PM »

50% mistrial

40% guilty

10% not guilty

How do you arrive at this and most of the jury is Afro Americans and the Civil verdict Floyd family got 27M dollars from state for wrongful death, it's a CONVICTION, not on all counts but he is definitely guilty of manslaughter

There are three counts on which Defendant is charge on, not everyone of them he will be guilty on, he will serve a decade imprisoned

All it takes is one racist juror who wants to "make a statement" to prevent a conviction.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 02:46:02 PM »

I'm not ruling out an immediate hung jury, simply because in a case like this, a deadlocked jury could get violent very quickly. But I don't think so. You're not getting that video out of people's minds. Everyone watched him murder Floyd slowly on camera. Everyone saw the look on his face. If they managed to avoid getting a hardcore racist on the jury, he's guilty as hell.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 02:59:23 PM »

The police threw him under the bus fairly thoroughly in the trial. It reminds me a bit of Amber Guyger's trial, only with more obvious malice. That probably tilted the few skeptics over.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 04:14:57 PM »

You were never making people forget what they saw with their own eyes.

Justice was done. Now watch carefully for agitators trying to incite unrest anyway.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2021, 03:08:48 PM »

The judge handled things perfectly by the book the whole trial. There were no grounds for leniency, and I'm not sure there were any grounds for going over the standard sentence either. Very little in the way of grounds for appeal here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies