Derek Chauvin trial megathread (SENTENCED TO 22.5 YEARS IN PRISON) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:11:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Derek Chauvin trial megathread (SENTENCED TO 22.5 YEARS IN PRISON) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How long will Chauvin be sentenced?
40+ years

20-39 years

10-19 years

<10 years

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Derek Chauvin trial megathread (SENTENCED TO 22.5 YEARS IN PRISON)  (Read 43003 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: March 08, 2021, 10:04:04 PM »

I'm surprised that the Republicans on this board aren't complaining about Chauvin being canceled.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 01:26:36 AM »

I mean he has already been prosecuted, but I don't think they'll convict him.  There will be riots because a lot of people don't understand our legal system, and think burning down a 7/11 will change it.

And breaking into the capitol didn't change the election result, but that didn't stop your side from doing it. You have no room to make these cracks anymore.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 08:19:32 PM »

I mean he has already been prosecuted, but I don't think they'll convict him.  There will be riots because a lot of people don't understand our legal system, and think burning down a 7/11 will change it.

And breaking into the capitol didn't change the election result, but that didn't stop your side from doing it. You have no room to make these cracks anymore.
Well the difference is the capitol was directly implicated in the counting of the votes, it is where the certification takes place.  There was a purpose.  But the looting and riots were random and wasteful.  It had nothing to do with their grievance. 

That's a nice way of legitimizing trying to overthrow democracy.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 08:36:56 PM »

The left currently believe that if the left wing hivemind believes you to be guilty, you are guilty. No other proof is needed. And this type of thinking is supported by "moderates" such as Joe Biden.

Right. The video was a deep fake to cancel Derek Chauvin because of his famous profile that left-wingers hate. Derek Chauvin is a Republican superstar that the left has been plotting for years to take down.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 10:38:30 AM »

The fact that anyone is even in favor of moving the trial somewhere more cop friendly goes to show how racist and biased some on this forum can be (and I don't care if you are Black, Hispanic, Asian or whatever, you can still be racist no matter what).
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 01:43:03 PM »

Why hasn't the GOP taken a position on this yet? It seems to me like they'd be pushing for an acquittal, but they have been very quiet. For all their talk about cancel culture why aren't they fighting to keep Chauvin from being canceled?

That aside, the testimony so far has made the defense's case very hard.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 10:44:48 AM »

I'm really scared of the outcome of this trial.  The media and activists have already convicted Chauvin, anything less than life in prison will result in widespread rioting.  A full out not guilty verdict would be disastrous.  I guess on the bright side, it would show a large number of regular Americans how unhinged the left is, especially if this gets better media coverage with less going on.  Republican supermajority in 2022?

Your side literally beat a police officer to death in attempt to steal an election and you are calling the left unhinged? And be quiet about a Republican super majority, because it's not going to happen. The GOP will be lucky if it isn't pushed further into irrelevancy for supporting a terrorist attack on the Capitol.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 04:30:24 PM »

I'm really scared of the outcome of this trial.  The media and activists have already convicted Chauvin, anything less than life in prison will result in widespread rioting.  A full out not guilty verdict would be disastrous.  I guess on the bright side, it would show a large number of regular Americans how unhinged the left is, especially if this gets better media coverage with less going on.  Republican supermajority in 2022?

Your side literally beat a police officer to death in attempt to steal an election and you are calling the left unhinged? And be quiet about a Republican super majority, because it's not going to happen. The GOP will be lucky if it isn't pushed further into irrelevancy for supporting a terrorist attack on the Capitol.

There are more than two sides to politics in this country.

One side has the backing of half of Congress and it's not the far left.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 04:53:42 PM »

I'm really scared of the outcome of this trial.  The media and activists have already convicted Chauvin, anything less than life in prison will result in widespread rioting.  A full out not guilty verdict woul
d be disastrous.  I guess on the bright side, it would show a large number of regular Americans how unhinged the left is, especially if this gets better media coverage with less going on.  Republican supermajority in 2022?

There are more than two sides to politics in this country.

One side has the backing of half of Congress and it's not the far left.

Stop disingenuously moving the goalposts. You said he was "on the same side" as the capitol rioters. Reaching that conclusion based on his comment requires either making wild assumptions or just deliberately misreading what he wrote.

That person had a blue avatar previously. His post read like a standard Republican and conservative one.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2021, 01:12:56 PM »

He's honestly safer in prison where he can be isolated than he is on the streets. No, I'm not advocating that anyone do harm to him, but this case has sparked a lot of anger and Chauvin could easily because the victim of vigilante justice if he is acquitted.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 04:11:22 PM »

Praise the Lord. Justice finally prevails.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 04:41:44 PM »

So the mob gets its pound of flesh. Good for civil strife at least.

Nothing but ignorance. This isn't about a mob, this about a murdered man getting justice.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 06:07:29 PM »

And to think that Ron DeSantis said yesterday that Keith Ellison had bungled the trial and predicted Chauvin's acquittal.
I'm sure DeSantis is outraged right now.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 06:58:11 PM »

I'm just going to call her a bitch and not be sorry about it. She's a racist bitch.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2021, 09:04:23 AM »

Tucker had a pretty normal one last night:

He used to be just annoying when he was on Crossfire, but he's progressed into become totally insane. That aside, these sort of people don't want to hear from the police when they aren't saying what they want to hear. The response that I'm seeing from conservatives is that they are angry about the verdict but too cowardly to admit that.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2021, 02:43:36 PM »

There have been people who have gone as far as to cover up crimes for their children, so I'm not surprised at his mother's statement. Most parents love their children, but that doesn't mean they should excuse everything they do. Murder is inexcusable.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2021, 02:48:48 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2021, 02:56:20 PM by DrScholl »

Chauvin's mom says she still believes in his innocence

Ma'am I know he's your son... but we all saw the video

If she doesn't get doxxed online, I'll be very surprised.

Also a 15 minute recess, rest of the sentencing will begin at 2:45 CST.

I feel sorry for his mom, nobody wants to believe this of their son.

When I fantasize about committing crimes (as we all do) something that always pops into mind is what my parents would think of me and how crushed they would be.  You devote your life to raising a boy, unconditional love and devotion and effort for decades upon decades, and then you find out he's actually a Derek Chauvin?  That all your life's work amounted to was a monster who murdered another man?  How can you believe that.  How can you accept that.  How can you not cling to any reason to believe it's not true.  I'm not going to bear any negativity towards his mother.

That said, the internet is full of monsters with no empathy and no humanity so I'm sure her life will be miserable for the next few weeks.

The amount of death threats she'll likely be receiving is just as inexcusable as Floyd's murder.

Even if she does receive threats I fail to see how it is equal to Floyd being murdered. She is not a victim here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies