Derek Chauvin trial megathread (SENTENCED TO 22.5 YEARS IN PRISON) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:38:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Derek Chauvin trial megathread (SENTENCED TO 22.5 YEARS IN PRISON) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: How long will Chauvin be sentenced?
40+ years

20-39 years

10-19 years

<10 years

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Derek Chauvin trial megathread (SENTENCED TO 22.5 YEARS IN PRISON)  (Read 42920 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« on: April 07, 2021, 07:51:19 PM »

It's clear he had the intent on killing Floyd, he will be convicted and face the death penalty
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 07:22:32 AM »

The Defense has no case clear, Floyd already told officer he was already scared of enclosed spaces, the officer is guilty of murder
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 07:03:05 AM »

The carbon monoxide doesn't hurt the Prosection case it helps it, you shouldn't leave care running when you are restraining a victim, it helped Floyd suffocate

In college, I learned that jurors are very sympathetic to victims except DUI victims, the officer has no defense, the carbon monoxide falls within negligence
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 09:21:02 PM »

I am not anxious over this, I know that people are, but you have to just wait.

But, protesters are doing the direct opposite of what the Politicians are saying and creating more violence

That's why Trump was Acquitted of impeachment, the Rs like Johnson where protests are rampid, that Left Militia Groups creates violence

The Families of the victims are going out to protesters and telling them to protests
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 05:47:50 PM »

The Families have said to Protest peacefully, it's not about everything you want, police officers are given deference to bring in a high risk job.

Unless it's a Rodney King case, officers can get off, because they have already served in jail and there were drugs, carbon monoxide and heart condition that contributed to his death

Protesters need to not personalize everything, except for a few instances, the Floyd and West, they resisted arrest

If you work as a Security guard or a police officer there is risk to job, that's why most have weapons
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 01:35:14 PM »

As I said before, The Officer has already been found guilty, State already gave 27M to Floyd family, there isn't that much more protests needed, the Jury has Afro Americans on it, officer will be charged with something not all charges
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 04:00:51 PM »

50% mistrial

40% guilty

10% not guilty

How do you arrive at this and most of the jury is Afro Americans and the Civil verdict Floyd family got 27M dollars from state for wrongful death, it's a CONVICTION, not on all counts but he is definitely guilty of manslaughter

There are three counts on which Defendant is charge on, not everyone of them he will be guilty on, he will serve a decade imprisoned
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 04:10:59 PM »

I know but it's not 50% Mistrial, it's 50% Manslaughter and 40% Mistrial
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 05:51:27 PM »

2 other Officers are gonna be tried in August I doubt since 27M was already awarded to Floyd family, that the officers would be Acquitted

That's why LeBron and Jackson are quiet, they know on March 27th 27M was awarded
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 08:43:46 PM »

I looked at the video, again, it's clear that Floyd shouldn't have died, but he was clearly in the wrong when he didn't get into the car.

It was more to the story, he was resisting arrest and you aren't gonna die if you are in back of police car
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 12:34:59 AM »

Maxine Waters know that Floyd family got 27M that's why Jackson and LeBron isnt speaking out on it and she gave the Defense a leg to stand on in an Appeal, he is guilty of manslaughter, but it can be overturned on Appeal, she is my Congresswoman too
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 09:08:45 AM »

If you are really from TX I am sorry to hear that Cruz is your Senator too, he assisted with mounting an Insurrection on Jan 6th he is a tea partier
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 11:05:46 AM »

As I said before, if you look at 16 minutes before the death, the officers were pleading with Floyd to get into car, how you are gonna suffocate in a police car and you are already driving an SUV, that's why it's a Manslaughter not a murder, and a decade imprisoned, but he probably gets 5 on appeal or Sentencing
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 01:13:01 PM »

I will be glad when all these verdicts are over, they are all guilty of at least manslaughter which carries a decade imprisonment
.the Defense tried to humanize the officer by taking off his mask, he should of showed that when he neglected Floyd
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2021, 04:09:18 PM »

No possible out for him on Appeal
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2021, 04:17:57 PM »

This means every other officer will be guilty on all counts as well.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 05:30:30 PM »

3rd degree murder isn't gonna hold up, the Defense is gonna do everything in their power to make only the Manslaughter charge stick so he can get on 5/10 yrs in Prison, that's the best thing the Defense can hope for

They're not gonna get off scott free
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 06:05:07 PM »

We are so surprised by such a verdict and the murder charges are gonna be Appealled, the only charge that may stick is the Manslaughter charge because Floyd contributed to his his own demise and the 3rd degree murder is already in question.

That is what Nelson told Chavan when he was walking away, Chavran will likely serve 5/20 yrs anyways
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2021, 11:49:40 AM »

Mug shot of Chauvan, he though he was gonna get convicted only on manslaughter and have a chance to get a minimium sentence, he still is going for that but he is likely to get 10 yrs not 3 to 5

3rd degree is gonna drop off, due to fact Floyd contributed to his own demise
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2021, 04:25:58 PM »

He's gonna spend a decade imprisoned eating that bad dog food that they give you for meals, it's not deli food

But, he is alive and Floyd isn't which is unfair
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2021, 11:00:29 AM »

It's a cartoon with a message that implies that a verdict should be about something other than proving a defendant guilty or innocent beyond a reasonable doubt.  ALL Lives Matter.  ALL Lives Matter EQUALLY.  That's God's view on it.  No, I will not pretend otherwise.

The trial was not about whether or not Black Lives Mattered or not; it was about whether or not Derek Chauvin's actions caused George Floyd's death, and whether or not those actions rose to the level of the crimes he was charged with.  Trials should not be about anything else, period.  

What this trial has is the look of a coerced verdict.  This, of course, does not mean that Chauvin was not guilty, and I am certainly not saying that.  But it is indisputable that the threat of massive violent demonstrations would occur in the event of an unsatisfactory verdict; this threat was never disputed and never downplayed by the media, and there was little reason to believe that this threat would be met with enough resistance to preempt significant damage.  What will happen if, indeed, Derek Chauvin's case IS reversed on appeal, even in part where the most severe charges are thrown out?  

How would YOU feel if it were YOU, or a loved one on trial, and the actions of others caused you to believe that the jury would be at risk for their own well-being, or the well-being of their city, if they returned a factual verdict that was not what a mob threatening violence wanted?  There is no place in a free, open, and honest society for a jury to have to think of the consequences if their proper verdict will be received with violence.  It may well be that in this case, the jury's verdict squared with the facts, but do appearances not matter here?  What happens to actual "justice" when the specter of mob violence is a factor at every significant jury trial?

Appearances matter in criminal justice.  What confidence can anyone have in a Criminal Justice system when the verdicts of juries have the appearance of being influenced by the coercive attempts of mobs?  Once that becomes a norm, there will never be such a thing as closure.  I would pray that those people who are sincerely liberal (in the true sense of the word) will stop enabling those elements in our society that seek not actual justice, but vengeance through coercion.

You're really not very smart, are you?  Black Lives Matter is in no way saying that black lives matter more than other lives.  It's a statement that black lives so often do not seem to matter, and they should matter equally to other lives.  If you don't understand that, no one can help you.

He never ceases to amaze me (in the most negative way possible).
Every chance he gets, he needs to degrade the BLM movement, and in essence dog-on black citizens through-out our nation.

You're absolutely correct.  I will degrade BLM when I get the chance.  They've earned the degradation by their behavior in multiple American cities over the past year.  That you have a noble-sounding name does not mean you are a noble group, and there is nothing noble about BLM.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Matthew 16:25

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.  Mark 8:35
And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.  Mark 8:34

ALL Lives Matter to God.  They should matter to those who claim to be His Children.  Do ALL Lives Matter?  If that is really so, that should be affirmed.  Whatever the original intent of the name "Black Lives Matter", we're WAY beyond that.  There is no reason for me to believe that MY life matters to BLM, or the lives of anyone in my family.  (There is no evidence the previous two posters consider my life to matter, either.)  People who say they are Christians have a choice; to affirm that ALL Lives Matter, or that just some do.

Fuzzy Bear blabbering inanities in bad faith? Must be a day that ends in y.

It's amazing that you're an attorney and you won't even address the real issues of potential jury intimidation (indirectly, if not directly) in this case.

ALL LIves Matter, Badger.  Even yours.

No one defended Chauvan, his own witness said that carbon monoxide helped Floyd suffocate, that's not a defense and a Civil Lawsuit already was rendered for Floyd in 27 M.

They obviously didn't pay for the funeral of Floyd, state helped them, Floyd was in a gold casket and horse driven carriage, just like Daunte Wright funeral was paid for by Rev Sharpton

This Officer had no wife or any family members by his side, he was alone, you shouldn't sympathize just because he is Officer
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2021, 12:00:35 PM »

Yeah the cop was an Army Ranger that had no wife, no family and no witnesses to testify on his behalf he was a loner, he had a wife but was divorce, this cop shouldn't be sympathized by anyone
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2021, 01:06:23 PM »

It really doesn't matter due to an appeal, he will get at Least 10 and not more than 40 and that's on Appeal

Defense is challenging 3rd Degree murder and Appeal judges will reduce his sentence due to fact Floyd contributed to his own demise
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2021, 03:47:25 PM »

It's far from what he deserves, but it's something.

The bigger victory is in deterring other cops from engaging in the same behaviors he did. This doesn't end with Chauvin, but it ought to make cops think twice next time they want to shoot someone or literally torture a black man to death. The blue shield hasn't been broken, but it has a nice big crack in it after today.

Racial profiling is a problem definitely, black males serve as Security Officers as a line of work and do citizen law enforcement, we work with police altogether and most black males on buses or trains don't get stopped, most of the ones are riding in cars except for George Floyd
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2021, 05:41:46 AM »

We know why the Judge didn't didn't give the max sentences, because Maxine Waters said Guilty before the Verdict and the Appellate Crts could have overturned his verdict, but that's the appropriate sentence 112/15 yrs, but Chauvan deserves the Death penalty
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies