Who killed JFK? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:44:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Who killed JFK? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who killed JFK?
Lee Oswald acted alone

CIA

KGB

Mossad

Pro Castro Cubans

Anti Castro Cubans

KKK

Boston Mafia

Chicago Mafia

LBJ

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Who killed JFK?  (Read 6097 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 06, 2024, 03:07:25 PM »
« edited: March 06, 2024, 03:12:18 PM by All Along The Watchtower »

Occam’s Razor strongly suggests that it was Led Harvey Oswald acting alone.

One person with a gun can kill a lot of people, as Americans today know all too well—why not an ex-Marine? Dealey Plaza is pretty small, and JFK’s head was exposed. Moreover, Kennedy was wearing a brace for his bad back, and the presidential limousine was moving slowly at the time of the assassination so as to let the cheering crowds get a glimpse of him and Jackie. He was a sitting duck.

And Oswald’s biography is that of a violent, abusive, and generally unstable individual who felt entitled to far more respect and recognition than he deserved. He had already tried to kill General Edwin Walker (though crucially, that was not known at the time) and after killing Kennedy and wounding Connally he murdered a cop who had approached him because his appearance matched witnesses’ description of the shooter, and then when he was arrested for Officer Tippit’s murder the police had to pull the same gun from his hand that had been used to shoot Tippit.

Oswald was the only employee of the Book Depository unaccounted for after JFK’s assassination. He owned the rifle that was found at a window on an upper floor of the Book Depository.  Most witnesses to the JFK assassination said they had heard three shots, and likewise a majority also said that the shots had come from the direction of the Book Depository.

Yes, Oswald had said after being arrested that he was "just a patsy.” He also said “I guess everyone will know who I am now.” And the police detective who interrogated him caught him in multiple lies, even as Oswald came across as rather calm, unemotional, and outright arrogant during the interrogation. Does that sound like an innocent man?

Finally, even after 60 years and counting, no one has been able to connect Oswald to a conspiracy of any kind to kill JFK. Again, Occam’s Razor.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 02:32:55 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2024, 02:54:04 PM by All Along The Watchtower »

I just wanted to address this:

It is known that the CIA led by Allan Dulles and the Mafia jointly attempted to assassinate at least Castro and the CIA assassinated other world leaders, so it certainly wouldn't be a stretch for them to assassinate Kennedy.

First, the Mafia wasn’t part of the CIA, though yes, the CIA did use them as assets in assassination plots against Castro.

Second, the CIA’s covert action programs (which is what the assassination plots against foreign leaders like Castro were) are run out of the National Security Council, not Langley. IOW, when conducting covert action, the CIA functions as an instrument of the White House via the NSC. I’ll note that most of the NSC-approved assassination plots against foreign leaders happened during the Kennedy administration.

Third, declassified documents over the decades have revealed that the Kennedy brothers (Jack and Bobby) were deeply involved in said assassination plots against Castro and other foreign leaders. JFK was no enemy of Langley. And CIA officials themselves have acknowledged this; I think it was Richard Helms, CIA Director under Johnson and Nixon, who said “the CIA never had a better friend” than Kennedy.

Which brings me to my final point; it would be a massive stretch (literally treason) for the CIA to murder their own boss, as opposed to Communist or Communist-sympathizing foreign leaders or in a few cases (Trujillo and Diem—both killed during JFK’s Presidency) anti-Communist dictators who were increasingly becoming liabilities for the US. All of which happened in the context of the Cold War, obviously.

Was there tension between Kennedy and the CIA? Absolutely, especially early on during the Bay of Pigs fiasco. Just like there has been tension between the CIA and every President over the Agency’s existence with the possible exception of ex-CIA Director George H.W. Bush—but then again, he’s the exception that proves the rule, since under Bush the Cold War ended, the Soviet Union collapsed, and the CIA lost a lot of employees and funding (which it didn’t recover from until well after 9/11).

There have also long been periods of tension between Presidents and the military, as well as between Presidents and the State Department, and between Presidents and the FBI, and…
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies