Who killed JFK?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:54:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Who killed JFK?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who killed JFK?
Lee Oswald acted alone

CIA

KGB

Mossad

Pro Castro Cubans

Anti Castro Cubans

KKK

Boston Mafia

Chicago Mafia

LBJ

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Who killed JFK?  (Read 6024 times)
buritobr
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2021, 07:58:32 AM »

We know that Lee Oswald shot using the Italian rifle Carcano. We still don't know if he was alone or if he was a member of a large conspiracy. There are some theories.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 12:37:40 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2021, 11:22:09 AM by Lincoln Republican »

The KGB colluded with the Cuban government
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 06:29:17 PM »

Rafael Cruz.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 07:42:42 PM »

Lee Harvey Oswald, with the full knowledge and support of Vice President Lyndon Baines Johnson. (LBJ really wanted to be a historically great President, and wasn't above using a martyred JFK to get there.)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 08:46:53 PM »

The executives of Dow Chemical, DuPont, Kellogg-Brown Root, and other corporations that benefitted from the war in Vietnam.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 09:38:43 PM »

There are days I suspect that the loudest proponents of those claiming there is a 'Deep State' conspiracy against Trump are those who have watched the 1991 movie 'JFK' one too many times.  
AtorBoltox

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 10:53:29 PM »

Lee Oswald and the Chicago mafia
LBJer
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 11:14:44 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2021, 11:18:40 PM by LBJer »

Lee Harvey Oswald, with the full knowledge and support of Vice President Lyndon Baines Johnson. (LBJ really wanted to be a historically great President, and wasn't above using a martyred JFK to get there.)

To make an accusation like that (about LBJ, that is--it's obvious that Oswald did indeed shoot JFK) you need evidence.  Otherwise it is nothing more than an outrageous libel.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 04:17:29 PM »

The LBJ killed JFK theories are just part of a general hippie loving bs tendency to make all bad things Johnson and retroactively attach all his achievements to Kennedy.

The mafia's whole deal is to not draw attention to themselves, what with all the racketeering. Shooting the freaking President is a great way to get the FBI to start investigating just all of your business.

Now the commies, whether Russian or Cuban, are going to risk an almost certain nuclear war to replace a president? Really? You think they thought there was a noticable difference between Kennedy and Johnson (or Eisenhower or Nixon for that matter). US foreign policy was fairly stable from the post-war period to roughly the 2000s. One President was as good as another to the eastern block. And I suspect Soviet Americanists saw Johnson as a hardliner and Kennedy as a reformer.

The most likely explanation by far is an unstable man shot a public figure one day. With all the random mass shootings you think people would have figured out that happens some times by now

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 05:06:03 PM »

The majority of the evidence supports the conclusion that Oswald acted alone (& this has seemingly been confirmed by analyzing the ballistics & cross-checking them with the layout of the vehicle that JFK was in).

Yes, the case against Oswald may be largely circumstantial (meaning no one actually witnessed him fire the shots), but that being said, the circumstantial case is fairly strong & includes the facts that he ordered the murder weapon by mail, worked at the building from which the shots were fired, left a palm print on the murder weapon, is believed to have murdered a police officer in the hours immediately after the assassination, & attempted to murder another police officer while he was being arrested. Such being the case - combined with his background as a troubled, depressed individual - leads to the likely conclusion that he was indeed the sole assassin.

Did he have any support leading up to the assassination? Who knows? He could very well have, but it doesn't seem necessary. All he needed was to be a good shot. I'll fully admit that anything is possible, but I'm just occam's razor-ing it here, & I'm not gonna make any further judgments until I see actual evidence instead of mere conspiracy theories.
Motorcity

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 01:51:41 PM »

I think it was rouge elements of the CIA, who may or may not have the blessing of CIA leadership. Said elements than use their mafia connections to take out Oswald.

I don't think LBJ knew beforehand or had anything to do with it, but I very much think he knew of a conspiracy afterwards and kept quite about it.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 06:31:13 PM »

Most of the important public authorities have haters. So, when an important public authority is shot, it is normal to think that there was a plot. Besides, Lee Oswald was murdered by Jack Ruby only 2 days after, and so, it makes more plausible the hypothesis that there was a plot and they decided to shut up Lee Oswald. The word "conspiracy theory" is not good because if we say conspiracy theory, we are putting hyothesis concerning the murder of the JFK at the same level of the fake moon landing, which is really an absurd.

On the other side, as you mentioned, most of the hypothesis have very few serious evidence. It would be hard for a plot to not leave any footprint. So, a plot is a plausible hypothesis, but Lee Oswald could also have acted alone. Since many crazy men shoot people inside schools, it is not impossible a crazy man shoot a president.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2021, 12:04:08 AM »

I'm pleased you refer to Lee Oswald as Lee Oswald and not as 'Lee Harvey Oswald.'  He was called Lee Oswald when he was alive.  The investigatory reports refer to his full name, as they do with everybody in the reports, but that's not what he was known as.

I think elements in the CIA led by former CIA director Allan Dulles along with the Mafia assassinated Kennedy.  This is one of the few so-called conspiracy theories that I agree with.

It is known that the CIA led by Allan Dulles and the Mafia jointly attempted to assassinate at least Castro and the CIA assassinated other world leaders, so it certainly wouldn't be a stretch for them to assassinate Kennedy.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2021, 06:04:47 PM »

Must we go thru with this, I know the history.

Oswald met in Hoover office and threatened to kill an FBI agent but he was let go.  Oswald threatened to kill Kennedy of Kennedy didnt give his Russian wife a vise, the shot from behind was Oswald shot, but the second shot could of been done by the umbrella man

Hoover had dealings with KGB like Trump did with Russia, he didn't connect the dots but he the Dallas police, we don't know if they were influenced by Hoover allowed Ruby to enter the area where Oswald was being killed and Ruby killed Oswald
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2021, 07:12:40 PM »

My hypothesis is that Oswald was known to the CIA, possibly an asset of some kind, and when he went rogue and killed the president they freaked out and burned everything.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2021, 11:20:15 PM »

My hypothesis is that Oswald was known to the CIA, possibly an asset of some kind, and when he went rogue and killed the president they freaked out and burned everything.

I have viewed this as being a possibility.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2021, 11:22:32 PM »

Must we go thru with this, I know the history.

What are your Hoover conspiracy posts quantity limited or something?
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2023, 06:04:42 PM »

Since there is a new thread on this topic, I remember the old one. There are some different options.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2023, 10:33:34 PM »

i did
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2023, 10:39:36 PM »

I think it was rouge elements of the CIA, who may or may not have the blessing of CIA leadership. Said elements than use their mafia connections to take out Oswald.

I don't think LBJ knew beforehand or had anything to do with it, but I very much think he knew of a conspiracy afterwards and kept quite about it.

I would encourage all here to read "Best Evidence" by David S. Lifton.  I read this in the 1980s, before JFK came out in theatres.  Then I would suggest that you ask yourselves what sort of work our CIA, FBI, and other Intel Agencies actually do on a daily basis.

Lyman Kirkpatrick, Inspector General for the CIA during the Eisenhower years, once said that the ideal covert operation remains secret "from inception to eternity".  The Lifton book contains quotes from Allen Dulles about the risks of "losses of cover" during covert operations that talk about the consequences of an operative being in a situation where he is out of place in plain sight.  I would encourage all to read that with an open mind.  Reading Joseph Persico's biography of the late CIA Director WIlliam J. Casey would be a good read as well.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2023, 08:38:20 PM »

There are days I suspect that the loudest proponents of those claiming there is a 'Deep State' conspiracy against Trump are those who have watched the 1991 movie 'JFK' one too many times.  

I always assumed "The X-Files".
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2023, 03:16:42 PM »

Like every other presidential assassination or attempted presidential assassination in American history except Lincoln (whose conspiracy was revealed immediately and in a very obvious way), Kennedy was killed by one person acting alone, and that person was Lee Oswald
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2023, 05:34:25 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2023, 05:37:45 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Like every other presidential assassination or attempted presidential assassination in American history except Lincoln (whose conspiracy was revealed immediately and in a very obvious way), Kennedy was killed by one person acting alone, and that person was Lee Oswald

No he wasn't Jack Ruby was part of the Mafia as well we call it Pinkerton Conspiracy of the Crime if someone is suspected of committed of murder but can't pin it directly on him but we can pin the conspiracy of the crime

Jack Ruby knew Oswald and they were both part of the Mafia and so was Hoffa and Frank Sinatra

The Mafia with Scareface was involved in Ronald Reagan assassination attempt, he was involved with Frank Sinatra, its a reason he didn't get killed the Mafia liked Reagan

Kevin Costner said it was impossible for JFK head to explode from that angle of a shot
themaninthejinnahcap
Rookie
Canada
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2024, 11:39:45 PM »

The CIA, who were concerned about JFK's stated desire to shatter the Agency in disgust after learning the kind of shenanigans they were willing to engage in like Operation Northwoods.

The Mob, who have been known to work with/for the CIA and who were certainly not very happy with the failure to overthrow Castro and JFK letting his busybody brother go after Hoffa and their money.

Oswald, his motives are debatable until the cows come home, but there's enough tangible evidence to convince me he was at least there and probably participated in the operation.

Somewhere between those three you have an answer, but personally I suspect the CIA was calling the shots (literally and figuratively).
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2024, 03:07:25 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2024, 03:12:18 PM by All Along The Watchtower »

Occam’s Razor strongly suggests that it was Led Harvey Oswald acting alone.

One person with a gun can kill a lot of people, as Americans today know all too well—why not an ex-Marine? Dealey Plaza is pretty small, and JFK’s head was exposed. Moreover, Kennedy was wearing a brace for his bad back, and the presidential limousine was moving slowly at the time of the assassination so as to let the cheering crowds get a glimpse of him and Jackie. He was a sitting duck.

And Oswald’s biography is that of a violent, abusive, and generally unstable individual who felt entitled to far more respect and recognition than he deserved. He had already tried to kill General Edwin Walker (though crucially, that was not known at the time) and after killing Kennedy and wounding Connally he murdered a cop who had approached him because his appearance matched witnesses’ description of the shooter, and then when he was arrested for Officer Tippit’s murder the police had to pull the same gun from his hand that had been used to shoot Tippit.

Oswald was the only employee of the Book Depository unaccounted for after JFK’s assassination. He owned the rifle that was found at a window on an upper floor of the Book Depository.  Most witnesses to the JFK assassination said they had heard three shots, and likewise a majority also said that the shots had come from the direction of the Book Depository.

Yes, Oswald had said after being arrested that he was "just a patsy.” He also said “I guess everyone will know who I am now.” And the police detective who interrogated him caught him in multiple lies, even as Oswald came across as rather calm, unemotional, and outright arrogant during the interrogation. Does that sound like an innocent man?

Finally, even after 60 years and counting, no one has been able to connect Oswald to a conspiracy of any kind to kill JFK. Again, Occam’s Razor.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies