It’s June 21, 2021 and Saruku is elected President of Atlasia. What happened?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:59:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  It’s June 21, 2021 and Saruku is elected President of Atlasia. What happened?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: It’s June 21, 2021 and Saruku is elected President of Atlasia. What happened?  (Read 1544 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2021, 12:39:35 AM »

Maybe we should run Oakvale against Truman to show him a lesson. I'd be fully on board with that!

Well he does hold some IRL conservative views so according to the standard just thrown at me in this thread... we really shouldn't back Truman in that case obviously considering his views. I mean if I understand the narrative correctly.

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2021, 12:39:55 AM »

Maybe we should run Oakvale against Truman to show him a lesson. I'd be fully on board with that!
Fed support for Oakvale has taught me many important lessons over the years. Wink
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2021, 12:48:58 AM »

Surely The People demand demand a strong and thorough challenging of Crooked Truman so Fremont shall be freed from the dark corners of Laborcord!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2021, 01:10:07 AM »

Fed support for Oakvale has taught me many important lessons over the years. Wink

DFW promised to make us friends, I was going to at least do my part to make it work.

I never wanted 2013-2015. We used to get along just fine prior to that. I even supported his reelection bid in Feb 2013 and my first sense of hostility to him, was over him leaving the Senate bc obviously, I wanted him to stay.

It is not healthy to hate and if I let myself get pulled down that rabbit hole, then I would become just as bad, so where possible, my inclination is to forgive.

But I never forget and I will never trust anything to remain just a joke when I saw a joke escalated into a straight jacket pic being circulated while I was moving IRL. "You take the game too seriously!" No, just no.

But you know I would like is just a little bit of self awareness or contrition like you get from Adam, Windjammer or even Sestak. They acknowledge something they done or did and be like "that's fair" or "I understand that". Not even an apology just an acknowledgement of, "I get why you so bloody boiling pissed off about us doing that".

I get why they hated me, I called them out for their alternative facts and peddling the same 8 year old snake oil. Don't regret doing anything I did in those eight years but I get it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2021, 01:26:36 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2021, 01:50:38 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Well he does hold some IRL conservative views so according to the standard just thrown at me in this thread... we really shouldn't back Truman in that case obviously considering his views. I mean if I understand the narrative correctly.

For the life of me I could never figure out what the competing "narrative" is. Obviously y'all would support Oakvale or any other luckless soul who ran against me in Frémont, for the simple reason that I am Labor and you are the opposition. Nothing wrong with that! —though I will, of course, continue to make cracks about the "coalition of chaos" because I am trying to win. Wink The simplest explanation is always best, and I haven't forgotten which party made Potus a senator and Oakvale attorney general.

Potus and Simfan annoyed me so much. They were so convinced that what they were doing was for the good of conservatism in game, even as they routinely caused problems with libertarians (simfan not preferencing Deus and encouraging his people to do likewise, Potus sparking the Mideast Civil War between Cassius and BMotely, right before Windjammer invaded and then voting for Bacon King I think he was one of the defectors, giving the left 7-3 supermajority right at the start of the Lumine administration). They all suffered from some degree of tunnel vision.

Ted might remember this and Leinad definitely should. But when Potus wanted to run for President, we went rounds over the "AtlasforumIRC issue" and "the Libertarian issue" and his need to address those to have a chance. He barely even acknowledged they even existed. It was like he was on another planet from the rest of us and in truth he was, Atlasforum was peddling alternative facts on so many issues. The reality was, we in the Feds were the conservative faction in Atlasia, AtlasforumIRC was enabler of the left either directly or indirectly and those two were complicit knowingly or otherwise, the August 2014 mess was just red herrings from the real issues that divided Atlasia since June 2013. Had I not been reduced by various RL problems and situations, they never would have been able to control the narrative like that, I would have turned the power bill into a co-opt bill.

The key thing to remember is the hypocrisy that exposes the big lie about nationalization. The radical AtlasforumIRC types had backed TNF for over a year, because of the post turno-pacifico alignment (Consolidation, Senate rules, PPT, Judiciary etc). It was us in the Feds and myself that thwarted him on nationalizing Pharma and many other industries throughout 2013 and early 2014, yet those con artists were able to convince some conservatives that I was the sell out? I was on the front lines while the radical types voted for Tyrion and Adam Griffin, sending more votes for the TNF agenda. The only reason they cared about nationalization, was that it was a chance to turn on labor and undermine me at the same time. They really did not care about it, if they did they wouldn't have backed and enabled TNF so much just prior to that.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2021, 02:29:32 AM »

Potus basically thought you were too kooky and uptight about those guys. For him they were just personal friends and potential votes.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2021, 02:42:46 AM »

Potus basically thought you were too kooky and uptight about those guys. For him they were just personal friends and potential votes.

Any reasonable person would have been uptight about those guys after dealing with what I went through the previous three years.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2021, 03:00:37 AM »

Any reasonable person would have been uptight about those guys after dealing with what I went through the previous three years.

This was very much a “they’re my friends, I know them, they aren’t really bad folks” situation.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2021, 01:03:27 PM »

Frankly if you really want to take this back, you could go back to 2011.

After Napoleon/Hamilton absorbed most of the libertarians into the JCP orbit, via social libertarianism, the RPP responded by dipping into the anti-JCP left via Marokai Blue and even won the Midwest Senate seat that way. It is also why a small portion of the RPP went directly to the Labor Party.

Life Competition finds a way. Just like with Siren, Marokai had a single issue that he really had come to agree with us on having moved to the right on regional rights and pro-regional reforms. He was still very much far left on economic policy and certainly on social issues.

The dynamic of politics when you are a minority coalition is to constantly seek to peel someone off from the majority coalition to become the majority. It is how parties and ideologies evolve over time and if Truman actually did apply my posts in the History board to this context he would realize that the same rules apply here.

Also the inescapable reality is that whoever we are able to peel is off is because of what Labor is doing or has done, just like it was for the JCP. Though Jimmy would be a closer parallel to Marokai in 2011, he is far less left on many issues than Marokai was.

Just something to consider and also points to the uselessness of metrics and standards that Truman was using last night.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2021, 01:09:27 PM »

Yeah there's often been some kinda "sketchy cabal" that support things that run contrary to the game, and there's always a worrying gray area between those who aren't them and (most of the time recklessly!) tactically support them, and those who are them but can distance themselves because x, y, z.

I mean, I don't think I need to point out which Fed suggested running Oakvale in this thread. (Hint: it was not the one who knows the history of the game!)
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2021, 01:11:45 PM »

Yeah there's often been some kinda "sketchy cabal" that support things that run contrary to the game, and there's always a worrying gray area between those who aren't them and (most of the time recklessly!) tactically support them, and those who are them but can distance themselves because x, y, z.

I mean, I don't think I need to point out which Fed suggested running Oakvale in this thread. (Hint: it was not the one who knows the history of the game!)
Show me where on the doll YT touched you.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2021, 01:19:03 PM »

Who here mentioned YT?
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2021, 01:20:05 PM »

Who here mentioned YT?
I just know he lives rent free in your mind.  Wink
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2021, 01:23:44 PM »

Who here mentioned YT?
Honestly, someone who obsesses over someone else's alleged obsessions is worse. (As intriguing as it is that you immediately went to YT when I was discussing "sketchy cabals"...)
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2021, 01:30:34 PM »

The Atlasforum crew speaking beyond just the radicals to include everyone who was on there, came together in opposition to Napoleon. In 2012, the bulk of the people on there were TPPers, Laborites and the Federalists. There were some Liberals on there and some libertarians but it was a largely anti-Napoleon crew. As soon as they destroyed Napoleon's political machine, the very instant that happened, they became the next group of villains.

Ideologically, everything that had defined the right for years in game (not just the RPP, but the Populares and IB as well as most of the Whigs) dictated the right would have to realign to oppose that.  Simfan had been in the RPP and the Whigs but he was banned for a year. Potus joined in 2014, so both of them had missed the events in mid 2013. This also put a lot of strain on others in Atlasforum as well because they were put in a position to have to choose between their friends, their ideology and eventually common decency once some of the more disturbing actions started happening by radical crew.

When DFW came along he irritated me to know end because he constantly said he did not care about pre-reset and defined his history as beginning with the reset. For my purposes there was a big argument in early 2015 between Lumine and myself. He said I was too glued to the past and frankly that is fair, I feel safer in the past, but at the same time I am strong believer in reading past actions and using that as a warning sign for what could come. When Bloody July happened, I took it as sort of vindication like see "the history does matter".

DFW and now YT are more focused on the here and now and my job is to somehow balance the needs of competing here and now for the sake of the game, with not forgetting people's histories lest they be enabled to destroy the game again, for the sake of the game.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2021, 01:30:45 PM »

Who here mentioned YT?
Honestly, someone who obsesses over someone else's alleged obsessions is worse. (As intriguing as it is that you immediately went to YT when I was discussing "sketchy cabals"...)
I mean some history of the game I do know well are the actions that you being triggered by YT and his pals has led to. Of course I don't believe that anything that he and the good ol cult did actually harmed the game compared to the #atlasforum cabal or whatever.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2021, 01:34:39 PM »

Who here mentioned YT?

The radicals obsessed so much over my dedication to the game that they felt it appropriate to obsess over it to the point of circulating straight jacket pics and claiming it was for my "own good". It doesn't get more narcissistic than that but then again that group was all for claiming to know what was best for other people and the forum.

Oakvale and Gully were not called ban bros for nothing.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2021, 01:39:02 PM »

When DFW came along he irritated me to know end because he constantly said he did not care about pre-reset and defined his history as beginning with the reset.

I remember that. I was very annoyed by that as well. Personalities and motivations aren't as easy to reset as law or offices.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2021, 01:53:07 PM »

Who here mentioned YT?
I mean some history of the game I do know well are the actions that you being triggered by YT and his pals has led to. Of course I don't believe that anything that he and the good ol cult did actually harmed the game compared to the #atlasforum cabal or whatever.

The thing about you guys is that your ideology is literally a kid in the back seat going "I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU, I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!" This obsession with "triggering" and "haha you're so obsessed!" (to a person who literally spends months at a time not doing anything related to Atlasia at all) and going as far as to joke about him molesting me (not that I am one to balk at dark humor, but in the context of gloating about how you and your friends have allegedly ruined me mentally it seems to speak to some weird complex you have) is, at it's worst reading, straight up sociopathy disguised as "trolling" in a world where empathy isn't always cool, and at it's best reading just absurdly childish and annoying.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2021, 02:37:31 PM »

Who here mentioned YT?

The thing about you guys is that your ideology is literally a kid in the back seat going "I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU, I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!" This obsession with "triggering" and "haha you're so obsessed!" (to a person who literally spends months at a time not doing anything related to Atlasia at all) and going as far as to joke about him molesting me (not that I am one to balk at dark humor, but in the context of gloating about how you and your friends have allegedly ruined me mentally it seems to speak to some weird complex you have) is, at it's worst reading, straight up sociopathy disguised as "trolling" in a world where empathy isn't always cool, and at it's best reading just absurdly childish and annoying.
It's absurd to say that about our ideologies when you're literally a libertarian turned socialist.

I am not the one who posted a ballot that literally said this:

Quote from: Leinad's vote
President
[1] Jambles/Ses
[2] Koopa/discovolante
[3] MB/OBD
[4] Shark/Arp
[5] Ishan/Poirot
[6] Peebs/Leinad
[7] MB/Leinad
[663] Trump/Pence
[664] Hitler/Stalin
[665] Flaming Genitalia/Rectal Cacti
[667] you get the/thinly-veiled message

House
[1] Razze
[2] Harvey
[3] MB
[4] OBD
[5] Kaiser

The flaming genitalia and rectal cacti must be telling! Not too mention preferencing Hitler and Stalin and then leaving a suspect gap at 666.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2021, 02:55:52 PM »

The real scandal here is that Leinad didn’t fill out all 667 preferences.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2021, 03:00:05 PM »

It's absurd to say that about our ideologies when you're literally a libertarian turned socialist.

bruhhhhhh you literally used to be a "le epic populist Bernie supporter." And my point was more about the center of your worldview being "triggering" people, something that most people over 14 agree is annoying, and I don't do (if I do that please let me know so I can solidly slap myself!). It's the "internet discourse" equivalent of not flushing the toilet.

Of course I believe different things as a 22-year-old who has had multiple jobs and lives by himself than a 17-year-old homeschooled child who still considered himself straight and Christian. I have talked about this on multiple platforms, so have many other people who have evolved ideologically. Not saying people should always have such dramatic shifts, but if someone views the world in the exact same way after having almost 6 years full of important life experiences there's a good chance they're pretty dense!

The flaming genitalia and rectal cacti must be telling! Not too mention preferencing Hitler and Stalin and then leaving a suspect gap at 666.

yes yes because I am clearly being firmly Serious and Angry when mentioning "Rectal Cacti" mmmhmmmmmmmm it's almost like you got the obvious joke but then forgot it was a joke golly gee willikers there guy...
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2021, 03:00:22 PM »

The real scandal here is that Leinad didn’t fill out all 667 preferences.

You have no idea how much I considered it.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2021, 03:14:38 PM »

bruhhhhhh you literally used to be a "le epic populist Bernie supporter." And my point was more about the center of your worldview being "triggering" people, something that most people over 14 agree is annoying, and I don't do (if I do that please let me know so I can solidly slap myself!). It's the "internet discourse" equivalent of not flushing the toilet.

Of course I believe different things as a 22-year-old who has had multiple jobs and lives by himself than a 17-year-old homeschooled child who still considered himself straight and Christian. I have talked about this on multiple platforms, so have many other people who have evolved ideologically. Not saying people should always have such dramatic shifts, but if someone views the world in the exact same way after having almost 6 years full of important life experiences there's a good chance they're pretty dense!

Honestly the "trigger the libs" aspect is only actually embraced by myself in Atlasia only since this game is pretty much just entertainment like say Reality TV or any other show is for other people.  Tongue When it does come to real policy preferences I do prefer responsible governance that is broadly conservative and populist. And yeah, good for you to discover what you think is right through your experiences even if I disagree on much of what you support.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2021, 07:06:13 PM »

The mental images in the recent posts are rather disturbing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies