It’s June 21, 2021 and Saruku is elected President of Atlasia. What happened?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:41:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  It’s June 21, 2021 and Saruku is elected President of Atlasia. What happened?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: It’s June 21, 2021 and Saruku is elected President of Atlasia. What happened?  (Read 1542 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2021, 02:16:03 PM »
« edited: March 03, 2021, 02:22:29 PM by VAR »

?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 02:18:33 PM »

Saruku registered and condemned Young Kim, when asked to do so the Federalist and Labor nominees refused to condemn Young Kim. Saruku also condemned David I*e, and spoke in favorable terms about Jon Tester and Dean Heller. Saruku also got an avatar, while the Federalist and Labor nominees did not.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 02:21:16 PM »

Windjammer appointed him GM after he was told Labor is a Marxist party in a PM mistakenly sent to him and registered. After he was disappointed with the results of the election in which yet another authoritarian chauvinist claimed victory, he simulated a terrorist attack to kill everyone in the line of succession and assumed the presidency.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 02:26:59 PM »

Windjammer appointed him GM after he was told Labor is a Marxist party in a PM mistakenly sent to him and registered. After he was disappointed with the results of the election in which yet another authoritarian chauvinist claimed victory, he simulated a terrorist attack to kill everyone in the line of succession and assumed the presidency.

Saruku is a Sirnick sock confirmed
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 02:43:13 PM »

Labor became a hard left party again like it was in the days of TNF Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 07:09:13 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2021, 07:34:51 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Tempted to stop this but no, just don't go crazy and spam the board with these.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 10:58:36 PM »

Look for desperate Feds to nominate Saruku in June while Yankee is too distracted defending Edmund Burke on the History board to stop them. It would not be the first time they backed a candidate who violently opposes everything they stand for because "Labor bad"!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 11:03:06 PM »

Look for desperate Feds to nominate Saruku in June while Yankee is too distracted defending Edmund Burke on the History board to stop them. It would not be the first time they backed a candidate who violently opposes everything they stand for because "Labor bad"!

I resent the implication that Feds have ever nominated someone while I was distracted unless you count being sick as distracted in which case you can...

Also I was fine with YT running I just didn't think he would do it.

Of course you are talking about Siren.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 11:07:23 PM »

I can't wait now for the argument to be between Yankee and a Laborite to be determined (probably Truman) about the federalists. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 11:11:55 PM »

I can't wait now for the argument to be between Yankee and a Laborite to be determined (probably Truman) about the federalists. Tongue

There isn't going to be an argument. I supported Siren and Muaddib and I have no regrets about it. They made a compelling argument on small business and I am not going to let some misguided rl litmus test get in the way of a possibly good ticket.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 11:13:21 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2021, 12:00:38 AM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

I resent the implication that Feds have ever nominated someone while I was distracted unless you count being sick as distracted in which case you can...

Well I did not want to say "because Yankee is too sick to log onto Discord" in case I really do have powers of foresight! (edit: I said "distracted" because I don't want to joke about something more serious keeping you from giving the game your full attention. I was not trying to allude to real events from this or any other election.)

I was actually thinking of the time when y'all ranked an actual Trotskyist ahead of moderate Laborite Talleyrand for Northeast Senate, but of course there are many more recent examples of this phenomenon.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 11:19:30 PM »

Yankee knows that whatever our differences, I will always prefer him and his party to the crooked Dishonest Alliance. At least the Feds have a raison d'être besides prolonging their members' flaccid careers. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 11:25:13 PM »

Well I did not want to say "because Yankee is too sick to log onto Discord" in case I really do have powers of foresight!

I was actually thinking of the time when y'all ranked an actual Trotskyist ahead of moderate Laborite Talleyrand for Northeast Senate, but of course there are many more recent examples of this phenomenon.

Oh really! You of all people going to pull this line about Talleyrand one of the biggest atlasforumIRC shills around back then! I would have back any anti irc candidate over an irc and you know damn well why. You think they became bad when they screwed you over? Two years of victims corpses lining that road ahead of you.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2021, 11:35:08 PM »

Talleyrand was no damn moderate on the issues I cared about. He supported every issue that we militantly opposed emanating out of AtlasforumIRC, supported TNF for PPT, spearheaded the disinformation campaign that promoted TNF's campaign for PPT, supported judicial term limits after turno-Pacifico, supported Turno-Pacifico itself.

He was a "radical" from June 2013 onwards, and we treated him as such. I didn't give two flying F@%%s what his "RL" views were, just like I didn't give a crap what Oakvale's ideology had evolved IRL at the time. I don't even remember who his opponent was, and don't care. If I was rooting for Adam againts Foucaulf, why the hell would I back Talleyrand?

In December 2013, we even considered him a "radical Laborite" and celebrated that the At-large contained only one such Senator, along with being 3/5 Conservative.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 11:37:42 PM »

Well I did not want to say "because Yankee is too sick to log onto Discord" in case I really do have powers of foresight!

Oh really! You of all people going to pull this line about Talleyrand one of the biggest atlasforumIRC shills around back then! I would have back any anti irc candidate over an irc and you know damn well why. You think they became bad when they screwed you over? Two years of victims corpses lining that road ahead of you.

My memory is as good as ever, fortunately! But we both know y'all's opposition to #atlasforum types did not extend so far as to include when those individuals ran for office again as Federalists! We are both members of fundamentally self-interested political machines who will ally with anyone to win —Labor merely has the luxury of being more choosy.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2021, 11:46:18 PM »

My memory is as good as ever, fortunately! But we both know y'all's opposition to #atlasforum types did not extend so far as to include when those individuals ran for office again as Federalists! We are both members of fundamentally self-interested political machines who will ally with anyone to win —Labor merely has the luxury of being more choosy.

Oh for the love of good Truman. You are really playing this line?

Once Talleyrand was too far ahead of Pikachu to lose thanks to you guys by the way for the most part, he ate up much of Labor's zombie base. I voted for Talleyrand, played up unity and all that crap knowing damn well he had lied to us. The point was to convince our newbies and people who might full for his crap that. We then pushed a series of repeal TNF stuff bills all coordinated with Adam Griffin. Griffin would veto them and then Talleyrand would have vote Aye on them twice, of course as I recall, he fell for the trap and voted no. I then PMed the paper trail to every Fed demonstrating he was a fraud.

We were then going to squeeze him out in December.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2021, 11:50:09 PM »

Once Talleyrand was too far ahead of Pikachu to lose thanks to you guys by the way for the most part, he ate up much of Labor's zombie base. I voted for Talleyrand, played up unity and all that crap knowing damn well he had lied to us. The point was to convince our newbies and people who might full for his crap that. We then pushed a series of repeal TNF stuff bills all coordinated with Adam Griffin. Griffin would veto them and then Talleyrand would have vote Aye on them twice, of course as I recall, he fell for the trap and voted no. I then PMed the paper trail to every Fed demonstrating he was a fraud.

Not what I was talking about! But I am glad you brought it up, since I didn't know about that particular bit of skulduggery.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2021, 11:51:49 PM »

If there is one thing that could cause me to put you on the same level as Oakvale and the boys back in the day. It is joking about my health to score cheap points in game. I respect you a lot, have some class and DON'T THROW IT AWAY!!!

Remember what I said in 2017, become are not born Oakvale, they become Oakvale. Oakvale was just a normal centrist politician in 2010-2012.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2021, 11:56:09 PM »

Not what I was talking about! But I am glad you brought it up, since I didn't know about that particular bit of skulduggery.

Most everything that happened in late 2015 was the result of a plan involving Adam, Windjammer, Duke, PiT and myself.

Including your own election to the Senate in August 2015. Tongue It was all about squeezing Atlasforum types out for fear they would wreck the Con-Con. That is why Adam was in AtlasforumIRC with me when we caught Bacon King engaging in the compromising behavior. I convinced him to help me get votes (Gustaf) out for Rfayette, because Maxwell was all over the map at that point and unreliable for anything. One day a marxist, the next day pretending to be Trump. The one thing we did know for sure, knee deep in AtlasforumIRC
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2021, 11:57:56 PM »

If there is one thing that could cause me to put you on the same level as Oakvale and the boys back in the day. It is joking about my health to score cheap points in game. I respect you a lot, have some class and DON'T THROW IT AWAY!!!

Remember what I said in 2017, become are not born Oakvale, they become Oakvale. Oakvale was just a normal centrist politician in 2010-2012.
Breaking character for a moment, because that was literally the opposite of my intention. You are as I think I have said before one of my favorite people on this forum, and have been in my thoughts these last few months. I wish you nothing but the best of health and fortune, and am deeply sorry if I ever seemed to imply otherwise.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2021, 12:02:47 AM »

Didn’t take long.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2021, 12:10:10 AM »

If you mean Matt From VT? Yes, not a single regret about those second prefs. Matt was and is a decent guy and I have a great deal of respect for him, especially since we both went through a lot of terrible IRL crap around the same time frame.

Also worth remembering that Matt was one of the ex Libertarians like Leinad and had been a Fed less than a year prior.

Quote from: Pessimistic's Vote

PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT

[ 3 ] Bore of Rhode Island and Bacon King of Oceania
Labor Party - The People's Party

[ 1 ] JCL of Indiana and Devin of Washington
Federalist Party

[ 2 ] Maxwell of Alabama and Dallasfan65 of Massachusetts
Democratic-Republican Party

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above

NORTHEAST SENATE

[ 1 ] cinyc of New York
Independent

[ 2 ] Matt from VT of Vermont
The People's Party

[ 3 ] Talleyrand of Delaware
Labor Party

[  ] Write-in:______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2021, 12:13:01 AM »

Didn’t take long.

Well I didn't expect him dance close to edge of the abyss for the sake of a joke either.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2021, 12:13:41 AM »

Breaking character for a moment, because that was literally the opposite of my intention. You are as I think I have said before one of my favorite people on this forum, and have been in my thoughts these last few months. I wish you nothing but the best of health and fortune, and am deeply sorry if I ever seemed to imply otherwise.

Then lets keep it that way and not forget this is just a game.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2021, 12:21:52 AM »

Maybe we should run Oakvale against Truman to show him a lesson. I'd be fully on board with that!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies