Trump & Melania got the vaccine in Jan. while still in the White House, but didn't tell anybody.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:16:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump & Melania got the vaccine in Jan. while still in the White House, but didn't tell anybody.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump & Melania got the vaccine in Jan. while still in the White House, but didn't tell anybody.  (Read 426 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2021, 10:15:14 PM »

The CDC recommends patients wait at least 90 days after receiving the antibody cocktail treatment before being vaccinated, & 90 days after he last received it in Oct. would've been ~Jan. 8th or so, so I guess they wound up getting it sometime during those last 12 days, but still, you'd think they'd do so publicly like everybody else (e.g., the Bidens, Harris & Emhoff, the Pences, Jerome Adams, Azar, Fauci, etc.) was doing at the time in order to help boost confidence in vaccine safety & efficacy, as opposed to helping his cult-followers remain at risk. It's almost as if he's doesn't actually give 2 sh*ts about his (disproportionately anti-vaxx) base & decided not to tell them purely to avoid any potential blowback from them, which his fragile ego surely couldn't handle after already losing the election like 80 times, being banned from Twitter, & - at that point in time - being on the precipice of a hitherto unprecedented 2nd impeachment.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 10:38:22 PM »

Can someone explain to me (preferably with a medical background if we have anyone...Penn Quaker Girl?) why people who have already tested positive for Covid need to be vaccinated?

If they can still be reinfected despite that...well then how does the vaccine even work? What prevents people with it from being infected again if being infected before doesn't?
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 10:43:00 PM »

Can someone explain to me (preferably with a medical background if we have anyone...Penn Quaker Girl?) why people who have already tested positive for Covid need to be vaccinated?

If they can still be reinfected despite that...well then how does the vaccine even work? What prevents people with it from being infected again if being infected before doesn't?

They say evidence of antibodies only lasts about three months which is why Trump and anyone else who tested positive had to wait 90 days.

The idea is that everyone gets vaccinated now, the spread is effectively stopped, and it's no longer circulating when the protection wears off. But I assume if America f***s it up like everything else, they may have another round of vaccines in the summer or fall.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 10:44:14 PM »

They say evidence of antibodies only lasts about three months which is why Trump and anyone else who tested positive had to wait 90 days.

The idea is that everyone gets vaccinated now, the spread is effectively stopped, and it's no longer circulating when the protection wears off. But I assume if America f***s it up like everything else, they may have another round of vaccines in the summer or fall.

Would you be surprised if coronavirus restrictions-especially masking-were still in place by the end of this year?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 10:46:11 PM »

But the problem is not everyone is going to be vaccinated in 90 days. Oh boy.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 11:03:08 PM »

It's probably more than 3 months, but maybe we'll end up having to get a yearly covid shot.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 01:29:39 AM »

Would you be surprised if coronavirus restrictions-especially masking-were still in place by the end of this year?

Depends on how much cases go down this summer. Fauci said he thinks it's definitely possible we will still need masks in 2022. But if this year is any indication, people will stop wearing them long before we reach the safe point. They already have and are quite happy to put others at risk.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 03:48:02 AM »

Trump being publicly vaccinated could have actually helped reduce vaccine hesitancy, but he couldn't even get that right. Since he likes appealing to white supremacists (it can hardly even be called dogwhistling), maybe he wants to appeal to anti-vaxxers too. It's not like he cares about the many lives lost due to a lack of immunity, nor the economic fallout from a prolonged pandemic.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 03:58:03 AM »

The vaccine works by using mRNA to instruct an immune system response. Basically it teachers your body how to destroy the virus.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 08:28:27 AM »

Extremely irresponsible of them both to not only announce it at the time but also not to do it on live TV.

Them being public with their vaccinations would have helped quell a great deal of vaccination denial and hesitancy coming from their cult followers.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2021, 11:30:40 AM »

I would be. At the very beginning of this, before Fauci, I suggested masks; when restrictions began, everyone said it would be two weeks, I suggested at least a few months; now, in light of current projections, I think restrictions will be relaxed in April/May and mostly gone in June or July.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2021, 12:06:48 PM »

The vaccine works by using mRNA to instruct an immune system response. Basically it teachers your body how to destroy the virus.

Yes, let's let the pharmaceutical companies tell our bodies how to function.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 12:29:48 PM »

Yes, let's let the pharmaceutical companies tell our bodies how to function.

Please tell me that this is sarcasm.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies