Most likely outcome? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:42:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Most likely outcome? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Most likely outcome for 2022 as of now?
Dems retain both chambers

Dems retain House, GOP flips Senate

GOP flips House, Dems retain Senate

GOP flips both chambers

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 97

Author Topic: Most likely outcome?  (Read 2459 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: March 04, 2021, 11:58:28 AM »

It is overwhelmingly likely the GOP will flip both chambers. If they don't, they screwed up badly.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 08:51:57 AM »

It is overwhelmingly likely the GOP will flip both chambers. If they don't, they screwed up badly.
The Senate is less likely to flip. Republicans playing Defense there.

Republicans only need a Net Gain of 5 Seats in the House (Right now it's 222-213 DEM). I fall off my Chair if they don't get those 5 Seats regardless what shenanigans D's pull with Redistricting!

Republicans are only playing defense in PA, WI, and NC. States that Biden won by 1 point and a state that Trump won. Democrats are playing defense in Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada, also states Biden won by less than a point and 2 points, in addition to New Hampshire which can be competitive with Sununu. In 2018 Dems easily won in states Trump won narrowly. I don't expect the same thing for the GOP (because they're incompetent) but all it takes is a little wind blow and it's done. There's been no recent midterm where a party successfully holds all those narrow presidential wins, and considering R's just need to net 1, I think it's very likely that happens.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies