Third sexual harassment accusation against Andrew Cuomo.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:17:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Third sexual harassment accusation against Andrew Cuomo.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Third sexual harassment accusation against Andrew Cuomo.  (Read 2056 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2021, 10:08:54 AM »

Ugh. Hopefully this finishes the dude off. Mr. Cuomo a scumbag and close to Trump-level bad; an abusive man using his power for inappropriate behavior, who creates a toxic workclimate and threatens his critics. I'm just afraid he tries to sit this out like Northam in 2019, though Cuomo's scandals are much worse than blackface 35 years ago Northam sincerely apologized for. It's more comparable to Fairfax, who shouldn't be in office either. It's for sure worse than Al Franken, who was forced to resign from office.

Dems of rank and file nationwide and in NYS, especially Biden/Harris, Schumer and Gillibrand, should call for his immediate resignation. DeBlasio has pretty much done so, as has Rep. Kathleen Rice (D). Don't let this sleazybag get away with this and the nursing home stuff. And no, making such comments is not normal. I never have imagined to ask female colleagues or trainees about their sex life. This. is. not. normal. Let alone the alleged touching and kissing.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2021, 12:02:26 PM »

The me too movement is out of control.

Practically anything could be interpret as “sexual harassment” these days.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2021, 12:09:01 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2021, 12:32:15 PM by Brittain33 »

It seems relevant that this third woman doesn’t work for the state or the governor and this is completely him making a pass at a woman which was unwelcome, which isn’t the same as workplace sexual harassment.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2021, 12:31:54 PM »

I- ... oh, Jesus.

Yes, sexual harassment is interpreted as sexual harassment. That's how it inherently works, in fact.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2021, 01:28:17 PM »

I’m starting to think Cuomo won’t be winning a fourth term...
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2021, 02:03:17 PM »

I- ... oh, Jesus.

Yes, sexual harassment is interpreted as sexual harassment. That's how it inherently works, in fact.

Touching someone's back is now "sexual harassment".

Facepalm
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2021, 02:15:45 PM »

I- ... oh, Jesus.

Facepalm

Yeah, dude: depending on the context, that can very much constitute sexual harassment, no disingenuous quotation marks needed. Last I checked, you're not the arbiter of what constitutes unwanted, improper, offensive, inappropriate conduct.

*fAcEpAlM*

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2021, 02:17:12 PM »

I- ... oh, Jesus.

Facepalm
Right, because that's all he did.

Maybe you're right, the good old days were better, back before Cuomo's actions were inappropriate. You could grab a broad from work and ask her if she'd ever ed an older dude and then steal a kiss without being ""canceled"". We are so much less enlightened now. If I can't even screw my underlings what's the point of having a position of power?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2021, 02:20:00 PM »

I- ... oh, Jesus.

Facepalm

Yeah, dude: depending on the context, that can very much constitute sexual harassment, no disingenuous quotation marks needed. Last I checked, you're not the arbiter of what constitutes unwanted, improper, offensive, inappropriate conduct.

*fAcEpAlM*

Pretty much anything these days qualifies as "sexual harassment" so as long as the accuser deems it so.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2021, 02:20:57 PM »

I- ... oh, Jesus.

Facepalm

Maybe you're right, the good old days were better, back before Cuomo's actions were inappropriate. You could grab a broad from work and ask her if she'd ever ed an older dude and then steal a kiss without being ""canceled"". We are so much less enlightened now. If I can't even screw my underlings what's the point of having a position of power?

This is also the issue here: if you're acting as if "touching someone's back" is the only thing that Cuomo did, then that's just even more proof of not knowing what the f**k you're talking about.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2021, 02:21:02 PM »

I’m starting to think Cuomo won’t be winning a fourth term...

He might not even be able to finish his current one at this rate.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2021, 02:21:50 PM »

I- ... oh, Jesus.

Facepalm

*fAcEpAlM*

Pretty much anything these days qualifies as "sexual harassment" so as long as the accuser deems it so.

Holy sh*t, you seriously just don't get it. Jesus.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2021, 02:22:38 PM »

The dam is breaking now, it seems. I actually have no doubt it happened the way these women came forward told the press. Cuomo must resign as soon as possible, everything else, including the nursing home scandal, needs to thoroughly investigated. In the meantime, New York for sure can't afford a governor who's busy with this kind of stuff but needs someone who's focused on doing the job.

I wonder whether more is there? I could see more women coming forward in the next few days.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2021, 02:24:31 PM »

I- ... oh, Jesus.

Facepalm

This is also the issue here: if you're acting as if "touching someone's back" is the only thing that Cuomo did, then that's just even more proof of not knowing what the f**k you're talking about.

"he placed his hands on her face and asked if he could kiss her at her friend's wedding"

Apparently, that qualifies as "sexual harassment" these days/
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2021, 02:27:41 PM »

I wonder whether more is there? I could see more women coming forward in the next few days.

If anybody else comes forward, then he's well & truly done: forced resignation, if not impeachment & removal.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2021, 02:38:08 PM »

I- ... oh, Jesus.

Facepalm

"he placed his hands on her face and asked if he could kiss her at her friend's wedding"

I don't know why you're saying that sarcastically because, yes, that can definitely qualify as sexual harassment depending on the context thereof, not that you evidently care. Or are you seriously just incapable of understanding how that conduct can be unwanted, improper, offensive, & inappropriate?

By the way, very good of you to just conveniently ignore the even worse things he's accused of that NYDem brought up. Or are you just gonna say next that asking a young, subordinate employee of yours if she's ever f**ked an older dude like you actually can't constitute sexual harassment because "reasons"? And what about attempting to engage in inappropriate sexual conduct such as strip poker with a young, subordinate employee of yours? Does that also not constitute sexual harassment because "reasons"? Actually, not even because "reasons," given that you haven't even actually managed to provide any reasoning - (ir)rational or otherwise - as to why you're evidently of the belief that such actions can't constitute sexual harassment. Funny how that works.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2021, 02:38:27 PM »

Ross Barkan now expecting a Cuomo resignation:

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2021, 02:41:06 PM »

"It's not harassment when someone I like does it"
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2021, 02:41:27 PM »

I just gotta say it, he looks like the Green Goblin from the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2021, 02:44:32 PM »

"It's not harassment when someone I like does it"

The user in question has also previously expressed a determination to not believe Justin Fairfax's accusers, just so y'all know what we're dealing with here.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2021, 02:48:32 PM »

I- ... oh, Jesus.

Facepalm

I don't know why you're saying that sarcastically because, yes, that can definitely qualify as sexual harassment depending on the context thereof, not that you evidently care. Or are you seriously just incapable of understanding how that conduct can be unwanted, improper, offensive, & inappropriate?

By the way, very good of you to just conveniently ignore the even worse things he's accused of that NYDem brought up. Or are you just gonna say next that asking a young, subordinate employee of yours if she's ever f**ked an older dude like you actually can't constitute sexual harassment because "reasons"? And what about attempting to engage in inappropriate sexual conduct such as strip poker with a young, subordinate employee of yours? Does that also not constitute sexual harassment because "reasons"? Actually, not even because "reasons," given that you haven't even actually managed to provide any reasoning - (ir)rational or otherwise - as to why you're evidently of the belief that such actions can't constitute sexual harassment. Funny how that works.

What she should say is "I am sorry, but I think I know where this is going and I don't want to go there."

If he pushes further, then that would be inappropriate.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2021, 02:50:23 PM »

I- ... oh, Jesus.

Facepalm

What she should say is "I am sorry, but I think I know where this is going and I don't want to go there."

So you've just never met the concept of "workplace power imbalance," huh?
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2021, 02:51:47 PM »

Ah yes, because a freaked-out person in that position definitely has the composure to tell this man with power over her that. Nice victim blaming.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2021, 02:52:03 PM »

I- ... oh, Jesus.

Facepalm

If he fires her, then that would be wrongful termination.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2021, 02:54:29 PM »

I- ... oh, Jesus.

Facepalm

If he fires her, then that would be wrongful termination.

I'm gonna have to advise you to please stop speaking in this thread if every statement of yours is just gonna further prove that you're not at all qualified to speak on this matter as it exists in the real world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies