McCarthy: 'I would bet my house' GOP takes back lower chamber in 2022
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:18:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  McCarthy: 'I would bet my house' GOP takes back lower chamber in 2022
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: McCarthy: 'I would bet my house' GOP takes back lower chamber in 2022  (Read 980 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2021, 01:21:00 AM »

Also, I find it extremely annoying when people, often pro-Trump types say "no one ever gave out stimulus checks before Trump". Bush sent them out in the early 2000s and again in early 2008, and Obama sent them out spread over two years in peoples paychecks followed by another two years of a payroll tax cut. Whenever, I point this out usually it ends with them insulting my intelligence because obviously they cannot possibly be wrong. No one is every wrong anymore, the echo-chamber disinformation commands it be so.

When you say "stimulus checks", do you partially mean "tax cuts" in this context? Because, yes, both Obama and Bush cut taxes and increased domestic spending. The obvious limitation with tax cuts is that, per definition, they can only benefit taxpayers, unless we take a page out of Milton Friedman's book and adopt a Negative Income Tax.

During the stimulus debate, the word "Keynesian" was used as a slur by pseudointellectuals to criticize Obama and the recovery bill. What these clowns didn't understand is that Keynesian economic objectives can be achieved through government spending, tax cuts, or both.

So that would make Bush, Obama, and Trump all "Keynesians" by that standard. However, I certainly don't recall direct checks being sent out to every individual in the Bush or Obama years, in the way that Trump officiated that policy and Andrew Yang has advocated for.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2021, 05:47:02 AM »

D's aren't saying that Recessions are created necessarily by tax cuts, but Conservatives give us a the spill that Entitlement spending increases the debt, which is to lift people out of poverty in the Recession. McConnell and both parties have been responsible for giving Latinos and Asians priority over WC and AA Section 8 vouchers, most Latinos in Cali, IL whom are Mexicans are on Section 8 where single AA are homeless or SROs. Due to you have have kids under 17 to get on Section 8, the more kids you have the better

Trump and Bush W says build a wall, and he is not taking care of legal Immigrants here who abuse the Section 8 vouchers

That's why AA should get Reparations, Per Capita is given to Native Americans by Ronald Reagan
They have so many family members, if one is homeless they can go live with them, also Arabs too, but it's mainly Latinos
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2021, 10:52:29 AM »

The post-covid Socioeconomic recovery means that 2022 will not be a normal midterm like 1994 or 2006 or 2010 or 2014 or 2018
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2021, 10:56:20 AM »

James Harrison just contradicted McCarthy they say that D's have expanded the map with Portman retirement and Jeff Jackson, if we win those two Senate seats, the House will stay D
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2021, 01:22:20 PM »

The post-covid Socioeconomic recovery means that 2022 will not be a normal midterm like 1994 or 2006 or 2010 or 2014 or 2018

1962/1998/2002 gang, where y'all at?
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2021, 01:35:44 PM »

Even if the fundamentals are ostensibly in favor of this result, I still wouldn’t say something like that, since there is still a significant chance that it does not come to pass.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2021, 04:04:51 PM »

The Rs won't pass anything, all they will do is obstruct so that Trump can win the Prez in 2024

Just like they did under Obama, obstruct so that Trump can win in 2016, why would we want them back after we just voted them out
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2021, 04:46:18 PM »

Wow, guessing the opposition party will take the House in a midterm, such a #bold and #hottake...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2021, 05:04:26 PM »

Now, the Rs know it feels to be in the Minority, D's were in minority from 1995/2007 and 2011/2019, the Rs can't take it in the Minority
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies