Andrew Cuomo, once again, accused of sexual harassment by former aide, more details coming tomorrow
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:31:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Andrew Cuomo, once again, accused of sexual harassment by former aide, more details coming tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo, once again, accused of sexual harassment by former aide, more details coming tomorrow  (Read 4180 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2021, 11:12:30 PM »

Why are Biden, Harris, Schumer, Gillibrand and other NY Dems silent?  They need to step up or they are enablers of Cuomo’s filth

That's what I was talking about. And also Bill Clinton. Oh wait, never mind about that.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2021, 11:25:40 PM »

Lindsey Boylan to announce Cuomo grooming allegations tomorrow:

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2021, 11:25:50 PM »

Didn’t think it was possible for me to dislike C**mo more, but here we are.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2021, 11:27:52 PM »

Why are Biden, Harris, Schumer, Gillibrand and other NY Dems silent?  They need to step up or they are enablers of Cuomo’s filth

That's what I was talking about.

Convenient goal-post moving.

And also Bill Clinton. Oh wait, never mind about that.

And this is just yet another example of the kinda sh*t you do that I've been talking about & have had enough of: even when it's shown to you that literally every Democrat on this thread is done with this kinda sh*t, even though many - if not all - of said Democrats have indeed criticized Clinton for his past conduct & have expressed regret for not having been more tough on him at the time, & even though these are the same people in the same party who were evidently able to learn enough from that experience to go on & demand the removal of one of our party's hitherto most popular & beloved Senators from politics, you still seemingly feel compelled to ignore all of that just to state "well um ackshually, what you're saying right now doesn't matter in the slightest because you f**ked up in the past, so regardless of what you do from here on out, I'm gonna keep reminding you of that past f**k-up 'til the end of time itself."

And of course, you'll probably bring up Tara Reade in response to that, in response to which, I - backed up by everybody else - will remind you that her allegation was investigated to the maximum extent possible & all signs pointed toward it being nothing but bullsh*t, which will just be yet another fact that you'll continue conveniently ignoring because there'll never be any winning with you.

Admit it: you'll never be satisfied with anything that any member of the Democratic Party does precisely because you don't wanna be, because your sole goal on this forum - if not in life - is to seemingly criticize members of the Democratic Party for everything short of their very existence. And that's fine (I mean, it's not, but we're far past that point, so I digress), but at least stop being a coward & just admit it already. Posters might actually be willing to respect you if you did.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2021, 11:34:08 PM »

Why are Biden, Harris, Schumer, Gillibrand and other NY Dems silent?  They need to step up or they are enablers of Cuomo’s filth

And this is just yet another example of the kinda sh*t you do that I've been talking about & have had enough of: even when it's shown to you that literally every Democrat on this thread is done with this kinda sh*t, even though many - if not all - of said Democrats have indeed criticized Clinton for his past conduct & have expressed regret for not having been more tough on him at the time, & even though these are the same people in the same party who were evidently able to learn enough from that experience to go on & demand the removal of one of our party's hitherto most popular & beloved Senators from politics, you still seemingly feel compelled to ignore all of that just to state "well um ackshually, what you're saying right now doesn't matter in the slightest because you f**ked up in the past, so regardless of what you do from here on out, I'm gonna keep reminding you of that past f**k-up 'til the end of time itself."

And of course, you'll probably bring up Tara Reade in response to that, in response to which, I - backed up by everybody else - will remind you that her allegation was investigated to the maximum extent possible & all signs pointed toward it being nothing but bullsh*t, which will just be yet another fact that you'll continue conveniently ignoring because there'll never be any winning with you.

Admit it: you'll never be satisfied with anything that any member of the Democratic Party does precisely because you don't wanna be, because your sole goal on this forum - if not in life - is to seemingly criticize members of the Democratic Party for everything short of their very existence. And that's fine (I mean, it's not, but we're far past that point, so I digress), but at least stop being a coward & just admit it already. Posters might actually be willing to respect you if you did.

They still let Bill Clinton speak at the 2020 DNC, so none of what he did mattered to them.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2021, 11:35:39 PM »

This is a Democrat, mind you.

He's done.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2021, 11:36:05 PM »

They still let Bill Clinton speak at the 2020 DNC, so none of what he did mattered to them.

Clinton at the DNC was absolutely disgusting. No one would've noticed/cared/not voted if they'd left him out. It also made it much easier for the GOP to both sides things, as will this if prominent Dems don't speak up soon.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2021, 11:44:38 PM »

He's a former President not named Jimmy Carter who was given the smallest 3-minute speaking slot possible (which, y'know, lmao if you're under the impression of that constituting anything that even resembles a significant convention slot) despite his being renowned as the Democratic Party's most charismatic - if not greatest - orator & he's been persona-non-grata at Democratic campaign rallies & the like - despite his probably being the Democratic Party's people's person of people's people - since the #MeToo-era began. That's nowhere near a perfect response, as many red-avs (myself included, literally right here) are perfectly willing to make clear, but your saying that "none of what he did mattered to them" is as laughable as pretty much anything & everything else that you've ever had to say on this forum.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2021, 11:48:27 PM »

Also, in light of the 2 most recent news updates: he has to be done after those. If he's not, then literally nothing might as well matter anymore.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2021, 11:51:34 PM »

Also, in light of the 2 most recent news updates: he has to be done after those. If he's not, then literally nothing might as well matter anymore.
Define "has to be done". No re-elex, or has to resign? I assume the former is much easier of a threshold than the latter.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2021, 11:55:45 PM »

Define "has to be done". No re-elex, or has to resign? I assume the former is much easier of a threshold than the latter.

Politically-forced resignation a-la Spitzer & Schneiderman, & impeachment/removal if he's unwilling to leave while he still has a miniscule amount of dignity left.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2021, 11:59:12 PM »

Politically-forced resignation a-la Spitzer & Schneiderman, & impeachment/removal if he's unwilling to leave while he still has a miniscule amount of dignity left.
Ah okay.
I could see two outcomes at this point.
1. He basically serves the rest of his term as a quasi-lame duck of sorts in return for being allowed to stay in office.
2. He gets Spitzered.

Do the votes exist for impeaching Coumo? Would the GOP vote in favor?
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2021, 12:02:54 AM »

Ah okay.
1. He basically serves the rest of his term as a quasi-lame duck of sorts in return for being allowed to stay in office.
2. He gets Spitzered.

Oh, the GOP would absolutely vote for it. In combination with them, only 22/43 Democratic Senate votes would be required to convict, so I'd imagine if we're already at a point where the Assembly impeached, there'd be a sufficient will in the Senate to convict.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2021, 12:04:18 AM »

Ah okay.
2. He gets Spitzered.

Oh, the GOP would absolutely vote for it. In combination with them, only 22/43 Democratic Senate votes would be required to convict, so I'd imagine if we're already at a point where the Assembly impeached, there'd be a sufficient will in the Senate to convict.
What does the GOP benefit from if Coumo gets impeached?
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2021, 12:05:48 AM »

Ah okay.
2. He gets Spitzered.

They & their base hate the man with a burning passion, so brownie points from their supporters, not to mention the ability to never have to be forced to deal with him in Albany ever again.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2021, 12:08:05 AM »

Ah okay.
2. He gets Spitzered.

They & their base hate the man with a burning passion, so brownie points from their supporters, not to mention the ability to never have to be forced to deal with him in Albany ever again.
Okay, that makes sense.
Ironic that Coumo would help the GOP at numerous times when it suited him, and now the GOP is repaying with a stake into the heart of his political capital at the worst possible time.
Serves him right.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2021, 01:20:22 AM »

Ah okay.
2. He gets Spitzered.

Okay, that makes sense.
Ironic that Coumo would help the GOP at numerous times when it suited him, and now the GOP is repaying with a stake into the heart of his political capital at the worst possible time.
Serves him right.

He took their guns, so they are repaying him by ripping out the heart of his political career.

Not that Cuomo isn't a horrible person, he should resign immediately obviously but I wouldn't necessarily count on that happening at least not yet.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2021, 01:56:50 AM »

This monster's expulsion from the party was LONG overdue.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2021, 02:44:46 AM »

If I were a GOP assemblymember I’d be meeting with Ron Kim or whoever to draft some impeachment articles as soon as I could.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2021, 03:28:36 AM »

This monster's expulsion from the party was LONG overdue.

Was?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2021, 05:53:40 AM »

As I said in the New York thread, he needs to resign. Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer must intervene and tell him to pack his bags. It's not sufficient to wait to the end of next year or allowing him to win against an inept challenger.

Also, what a hypocrite for supporting a pro-woman agenda in public and being an abusive ahole behind the scenes. At least, if he resigns, New York will have its first female governor.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2021, 08:21:59 AM »

He needs to resign immediately.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2021, 12:02:09 PM »

Ugh. It gets worse and worse, doesn't it? I really doubt someone is making this stuff up and could very well imagine Mr. Cuomo being such a person off the cameras (I even don't like him in public).

Dems need to be consequential and push him out for both this and the nursing home coverup. Ergo, the dude needs to resign as fast as possible.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2021, 12:45:30 PM »

Why are Biden, Harris, Schumer, Gillibrand and other NY Dems silent?  They need to step up or they are enablers of Cuomo’s filth

That's what I was talking about. And also Bill Clinton. Oh wait, never mind about that.
You’re a Republican puppet.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2021, 01:39:08 PM »

You’re a Republican puppet.

He is, but he's  also touching on something we can't afford to ignore: Clinton should have resigned. HIs behavior was un-Presidential, and support Democratic politicians gave him looks terrible in retrospect. His actions, and the weak criticism of them,  discredited the Democratic Party at a key time, when Gingrich and others were already heading down the road that has led to the utter collapse of the Republican party as a viable participant in society and government.

While Cuomo obviously isn't quite as central as Clinton, he is a prominent figure who was already tarnishing the Democratic Party's reputation. If he is not actively dealt with - and just waiting him out and not running is completely inadequate - he will drag the Democrats down with him. Failure to forcefully condemn Cuomo will serve to provide rhetorical ammunition to the right for the rest of the decade, and will all to easily damage Democratic election chances in the many close races we're going to see.

The Democratic Party has to be seen to reject Cuomo forcefully, and they need to do it soon, before it becomes too late.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies