Why doesnt George W Bush ever speak at CPAC?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 07:16:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why doesnt George W Bush ever speak at CPAC?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why doesnt George W Bush ever speak at CPAC?  (Read 1769 times)
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2021, 10:54:20 PM »

George W Bush generally has a 80-90% approval rtaing among republicans and isnt so disliked by the public anymore. Why doesnt he speak at CPAC to guide his form of conservatism rather than let Trump  be the face of everything
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 10:56:56 PM »

Uhh... the Trump Party has disowned that entire family, after they all denounced Dear Leader, and implied they were voting for Hillary and Biden.

I think 2008 was the last time GWB spoke at CPAC.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 11:07:57 PM »

He became a resistance hero because he was mad that Trump attacked Jeb for the Iraq war.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 11:20:37 PM »

Because he's not a member of their core insane-madman demographic.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 11:57:16 PM »

George W Bush generally has a 80-90% approval rtaing among republicans

LOLWUT

He would be run out of town on a rail, and justifiably so.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 12:00:22 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2021, 09:57:33 AM by Hindsight was 2020 »

He became a resistance hero because he was mad that Trump attacked Jeb for the Iraq war.
There’s kind of a irony in how you accusing resistance libs of starting to like Bush for making easy anti-Trump platitudes when in turn you and your brand of “leftist” supported Trump because of his use of easy anti-Iraq platitudes
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 11:52:07 AM »

There’s kind of a irony in how you accusing resistance libs of starting to like Bush for making easy anti-Trump platitudes when in turn you and your brand of “leftist” supported Trump because of his use of easy anti-Iraq platitudes

Tankie hypocrisy? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell ya!!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 03:44:09 PM »

He is honoring the Traditionalists that day former Prez don't speak I'll will of their successors.

Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 04:14:30 PM »

He is honoring the Traditionalists that day former Prez don't speak I'll will of their successors.

Unironically this

The reality is I think former presidents more or less staying out of politics is the historical norm rather than the exception.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2021, 05:30:33 PM »

Being against the Iraq war makes you a Trump supporting tankie? Ridiculous neocon logic.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 05:48:22 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2021, 05:51:37 PM by brucejoel99 »

Being against the Iraq war makes you a Trump supporting tankie? Ridiculous neocon logic.

Not what I said but thanks for the strawman, which - in combination with your evident belief that anybody who's even remotely to your right is a neocon - is just one of the many actual things that does indeed make you a Trump-supporting (or rather, at the very least, a Trump-excusing) tankie, yes.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2021, 05:50:02 PM »

because he sucks
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 06:21:52 PM »

To add to what others said about staying out of politics, it is also because there was a view in the 2000s that Carter and Clinton had deviated from this norm.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2021, 06:33:16 PM »

Not what I said but thanks for the strawman, which - in combination with your evident belief that anybody who's even remotely to your right is a neocon - is just one of the many actual things that does indeed make you a Trump-supporting (or rather, at the very least, a Trump-excusing) tankie, yes.

You call me a Trump supporting tankie and then complain about straw men? Pathetic, just pathetic.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2021, 07:53:01 PM »

You call me a Trump supporting tankie and then complain about straw men? Pathetic, just pathetic.

You're goddamn right I did, & I'll gladly do so again when your posts inevitably require it yet again, & there's no strawman about it, considering the countless times you've opted to defend &/or excuse Trump's actions on this forum on the basis of senseless arguments that basically amount to "dEmOcRaTs SoMeHoW wOrSe," even when it's been pointed out to you time & time again how your doing so is in no way actually consistent with the beliefs which you claim to espouse or the ideals & standards which you claim to hold yourself to. And yes, I did say you only "claim" to espouse & hold yourself to them because if you really espoused them & really held yourself to them, then you wouldn't keep brushing off criticisms of Trump aside whenever somebody on here offered them just because "dEmOcRaTs SoMeHoW wOrSe" or whatever it is you happen to be spewing to that effect on any given day. (Seriously, it's like every time you post on this site, you're just further proving the 'horseshoe theory' to be correct.) I don't know how you haven't realized this after 17(!) years of posting here, but newsflash, buddy: nobody's willing to take you or your criticisms seriously when you've shown time & time again that you yourself are simply unwilling to allow your actions to actually remain consistent with the words which you say, & the only thing that's pathetic here is your continued failure to see anything wrong with or hypocritical about your own position in all of this.

Jesus, that felt good, though I know it's all for naught considering who you are & how that means you'll learn & take away nothing from this rant when you can instead just stubbornly dig yourself deeper & deeper into your hypocrisy-laden position, like all good (read: bad) tankies do. Oh well. Who knows, though? Maybe with another 17 years of aimlessly posting on this site, then maybe - just maybe - you'll finally get it one day. But I certainly won't be holding my breath.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2021, 08:31:53 PM »

Most active Republicans don't like him and his allies.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2021, 08:33:06 PM »

You're goddamn right I did, & I'll gladly do so again when your posts inevitably require it yet again, & there's no strawman about it, considering the countless times you've opted to defend &/or excuse Trump's actions on this forum on the basis of senseless arguments that basically amount to "dEmOcRaTs SoMeHoW wOrSe," even when it's been pointed out to you time & time again how your doing so is in no way actually consistent with the beliefs which you claim to espouse or the ideals & standards which you claim to hold yourself to. And yes, I did say you only "claim" to espouse & hold yourself to them because if you really espoused them & really held yourself to them, then you wouldn't keep brushing off criticisms of Trump aside whenever somebody on here offered them just because "dEmOcRaTs SoMeHoW wOrSe" or whatever it is you happen to be spewing to that effect on any given day. (Seriously, it's like every time you post on this site, you're just further proving the 'horseshoe theory' to be correct.) I don't know how you haven't realized this after 17(!) years of posting here, but newsflash, buddy: nobody's willing to take you or your criticisms seriously when you've shown time & time again that you yourself are simply unwilling to allow your actions to actually remain consistent with the words which you say, & the only thing that's pathetic here is your continued failure to see anything wrong with or hypocritical about your own position in all of this.

Jesus, that felt good, though I know it's all for naught considering who you are & how that means you'll learn & take away nothing from this rant when you can instead just stubbornly dig yourself deeper & deeper into your hypocrisy-laden position, like all good (read: bad) tankies do. Oh well. Who knows, though? Maybe with another 17 years of aimlessly posting on this site, then maybe - just maybe - you'll finally get it one day. But I certainly won't be holding my breath.

But I'm the divisive one here. The fact of the matter is that Saint Obama did pretty much the same things as Trump, and yet Saint Obama was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2021, 09:05:46 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2021, 09:12:59 PM by brucejoel99 »

But I'm the divisive one here. The fact of the matter is that Saint Obama did pretty much the same things as Trump, and yet Saint Obama was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

Careful there, buddy, you might cut somebody with that edge.

Seriously, though, you're just so amazing! Even when you manage to say the words "Obama did pretty much the same things as Trump" (which, y'know, is something that there's a mountain of nuance to but you don't care about that because you probably just believe that we engage in international conflicts for fun, but I digress), the condescending tone in which you do so - Trump is just Trump, but Obama must(!) be sarcastically referred to as "Saint Obama" every single time you're forced to say his name - implies that you don't really care that Trump did any of those things so long as you're still able to take a shot at Obama &, by extension, the Democrats. And you wanna know what truly convinces me that that's the case? The fact that civilian causalities actually went up under Trump because his administration actually gave no sh*ts whatsoever about preemptive containment measures, & that - as far as I can tell - you have not once ever mentioned that inconvenient fact here on this forum. Why's that, jfern? Huh? Did you just so happen to be taking an off day from all of the news sites when those statistics were released or something? Have you just so happened to not come across them at all since? Better yet, did you somehow forget or never hear that it was Trump who repealed Obama's mandate that literally required us to report our conducted activities in the 1st place!? If the answer to any (let alone all) of these questions is yes, then how convenient for you.

Oh well, if you wanna keep proving that you're Exhibit A of the horseshoe theory, then be my guest, man. It's certainly not my problem that you're too much of a coward to admit that you care more about performatively looking like you care about everything which you claim to care about than actually doing so. The only thing that doing so loses you is the respect of anybody on here with half-a-brain.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2021, 09:07:47 PM »

Bushes are Rs but they aren't Trumpians, that's why Jeb ran against Trump, McCain and Romney aren't Trumpians either.

That's why Sean Hannity sounds funny to D's, because he evolved from an R to a Trumpian

Sean Hannity believes not in R party but loyalty to Trump, after Jan 6th most D's tuned out and saw that Trumpians not Rs, but are QAnon supporters
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2021, 11:42:31 PM »

Obama called Neo-Nazi fine people? Obama withheld aid from an foreign ally country to extort them into investigating a political opponent? Obama tried to have Muslims banned from the country? Obama colluded with a foreign adversary to help win an election? Obama botched a health pandemic that shut down the country for an entire year and kill 500k Americans? Obama had a child kidnapping policy to psychologically torture the kids of undocumented workers to scare immigrants away? Obama cited a terrorist attack on our nation’s capital to maintain power which resulted in 6 people died?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2021, 11:44:02 PM »

If Bush tried to speak at CPAC this year they’d run him out with pitchforks
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2021, 12:04:22 AM »

He wouldn't be invited. Nick Fuentes has a higher chance of speaking at CPAC than he does.
Motorcity

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2021, 12:23:13 AM »

Bush, like his dad, retired from public life

If he wanted, he could have spoke at CPAC from 2009-2014 even though the average Republican voter saw him as an elitist and warmongering

After Trump, he would never be invited, he’s hated by the rank and file

I sh**t y’all not, he could have been invited to the DNC. I could see that. But not CPAC. Image saying that in 2004!
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2021, 04:04:34 PM »

Bush, like his dad, retired from public life

If he wanted, he could have spoke at CPAC from 2009-2014 even though the average Republican voter saw him as an elitist and warmongering

After Trump, he would never be invited, he’s hated by the rank and file

I sh**t y’all not, he could have been invited to the DNC. I could see that. But not CPAC. Image saying that in 2004!
I doubt it, you average run of the mill republican has a favourable opinion of him, it just Trump activists who may not but that doesn't mean he is some liability
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2021, 04:37:22 PM »

He came from an era where most politicians thought their post-presidential influence would be best served by becoming "above partisanship." Given the increasingly firm association between this part of the political class and the idea of a corrupt establishment/swamp, that looks like a poor decision.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies