HB 28-16: The Housing Reform Act for Needy Atlasians (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:07:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 28-16: The Housing Reform Act for Needy Atlasians (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 28-16: The Housing Reform Act for Needy Atlasians (Passed)  (Read 335 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« on: February 26, 2021, 01:23:55 AM »

I propose an amendment that all acronyms within this bill be explained/defined. For best practice and the readability of this bill and future bills can ALL acronyms please be formatted as either "Letters of the Acronym (LotA)" or LotA (Letters of the Acronym)". As many acronyms that have been in "common usage "(in government) at one time, times change. It is best practice to ensure that acronyms are spelt out in full the first time they are used. Or at the very least are explained in the "definitions" or a "glossary".

Bills should be understandable for most people (preferably all but that's impossible in practice). Not the purview of a clique in the know about the lingo. I'm sure this isn't intentional. But speaking as someone who had read a lot of documents where acronyms both are and aren't explained. It frustrating when they aren't. Its best practice to have them explained.

Just emphasizing my point

Once again there are unexplained Acronyms/Abbreviations in a bill. At least "Housing and Urban Development (HUD)" was explained.

Abstain.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies