HB 28-16: The Housing Reform Act for Needy Atlasians (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:53:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 28-16: The Housing Reform Act for Needy Atlasians (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 28-16: The Housing Reform Act for Needy Atlasians (Passed)  (Read 316 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2021, 12:17:16 AM »
« edited: February 27, 2021, 12:29:22 PM by Vice President Scott🦋 »

Members, this bill has been amended by the Senate and is returned to the House for a final vote. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.

AN ACT
The Housing Reform Act for Needy Atlasians

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,
Section I. Title & Definitions
i. The long title of this Act shall be the "The Housing Reform Act for Needy Atlasians"

Section II: Fair Rent Provisions

i. All disabled and SSI/SSDI recipients shall not pay more security deposit within the Republic of Atlasia because of their disability or needs.
ia. This includes people with little rental history.
ii Landlords shall be banned from setting monthly rent to income requirements higher than 2-1 within their rental agreements or policies to get into an apartment.
iii. All waitlists shall exclude factors such as income requirements higher than twice the rent or rental history.
iv. All peoples making less then $25,000 per year shall be included within the needy category and shall be included within section ii and iii above.
iva. All people within the needy category must be employed or actively seeking employment.

Section III: Federal Housing
i. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is granted $80 billion to construct affordable modular home complexes.
ii. These complexes will provide housing for those who cannot adequately provide for themselves.
iii. The complexes should be able to house up to 10,000 people.
iiia. The recommended locations for construction of the complexes are Colby, KS, Ellisville, MS; Grayson, KY; just outside of Gresham, OR; just outside of Tacoma, WA; just outside of Boise, ID; just outside of Dallas, TX; just outside of San Fransisco, CA; just outside New York, NY; just outside of Chicago, IL; and just outside of Fort Meyers, FL. Federal and local leaders may recommend additional locations. All recommended locations shall be subject to HUD approval based on federal and local assessment of their suitability for added housing.
iiib. Each unit shall be between 400 and 500 square feet of living space.
iiic. Each unit shall meet the electrical and plumbing requirements determined by HUD.
iiid. "Just outside" means within 75 miles of labeled city.
iv. Residents will receive a monthly stipend of $700.
iva. Residents will have access to work opportunities to earn more money.
v. HUD shall work with the regional and local governments to ensure that homeless populations are matched with a home.

Section IV. Expansion of Subsidies
i. HUD is granted $10 billion to expand rent subsidies for low-income and disabled Atlasians
ia. Preference will be given to SSI/SSDI recipients.
ii. These subsidies shall not exceed 50% of rent or $700 per renter, whichever is greater.

Section V: Transportation Subsidies
I. For Transportation for all disabled and needy approved residents of section III.
II. All that are approved shall get free government paid airplane, grayhound bus or train tickets.
III. The government shall grant 30 million dollars yearly for this program.
IIIa money shall be doled out by HUD.
People's House of Representatives
Passed 7-1-0-1 in the House of Representatives

People's Regional Senate
Amended version passed 2-1-2-1 by the People's Regional Senate Assembled

Sponsor: Not needed
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 12:29:08 AM »

Aye/pass.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 10:38:23 AM »

Aye
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 11:24:18 AM »

Aye/Pass
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 09:43:46 PM »

Aye.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 09:50:42 PM »

aye
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 10:39:57 PM »

This has enough votes to pass. Representatives have 24 hours to change their vote.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 11:11:03 PM »

Abstain.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 01:23:55 AM »

I propose an amendment that all acronyms within this bill be explained/defined. For best practice and the readability of this bill and future bills can ALL acronyms please be formatted as either "Letters of the Acronym (LotA)" or LotA (Letters of the Acronym)". As many acronyms that have been in "common usage "(in government) at one time, times change. It is best practice to ensure that acronyms are spelt out in full the first time they are used. Or at the very least are explained in the "definitions" or a "glossary".

Bills should be understandable for most people (preferably all but that's impossible in practice). Not the purview of a clique in the know about the lingo. I'm sure this isn't intentional. But speaking as someone who had read a lot of documents where acronyms both are and aren't explained. It frustrating when they aren't. Its best practice to have them explained.

Just emphasizing my point

Once again there are unexplained Acronyms/Abbreviations in a bill. At least "Housing and Urban Development (HUD)" was explained.

Abstain.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 03:52:16 AM »

Nay
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 03:21:51 PM »

AYE
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 04:48:15 PM »

According to the President, I am supposed to allow 48 hours of debate prior to opening a vote. I sincerely apologize as I'm still adjusting to the new rules and the new position.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 12:29:03 PM »

With six votes in favor, two abstentions, and one opposed, this bill passes the House of Representatives and is presented to the President for executive action.

AN ACT
The Housing Reform Act for Needy Atlasians

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,
Section I. Title & Definitions
i. The long title of this Act shall be the "The Housing Reform Act for Needy Atlasians"

Section II: Fair Rent Provisions

i. All disabled and SSI/SSDI recipients shall not pay more security deposit within the Republic of Atlasia because of their disability or needs.
ia. This includes people with little rental history.
ii Landlords shall be banned from setting monthly rent to income requirements higher than 2-1 within their rental agreements or policies to get into an apartment.
iii. All waitlists shall exclude factors such as income requirements higher than twice the rent or rental history.
iv. All peoples making less then $25,000 per year shall be included within the needy category and shall be included within section ii and iii above.
iva. All people within the needy category must be employed or actively seeking employment.

Section III: Federal Housing
i. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is granted $80 billion to construct affordable modular home complexes.
ii. These complexes will provide housing for those who cannot adequately provide for themselves.
iii. The complexes should be able to house up to 10,000 people.
iiia. The recommended locations for construction of the complexes are Colby, KS, Ellisville, MS; Grayson, KY; just outside of Gresham, OR; just outside of Tacoma, WA; just outside of Boise, ID; just outside of Dallas, TX; just outside of San Fransisco, CA; just outside New York, NY; just outside of Chicago, IL; and just outside of Fort Meyers, FL. Federal and local leaders may recommend additional locations. All recommended locations shall be subject to HUD approval based on federal and local assessment of their suitability for added housing.
iiib. Each unit shall be between 400 and 500 square feet of living space.
iiic. Each unit shall meet the electrical and plumbing requirements determined by HUD.
iiid. "Just outside" means within 75 miles of labeled city.
iv. Residents will receive a monthly stipend of $700.
iva. Residents will have access to work opportunities to earn more money.
v. HUD shall work with the regional and local governments to ensure that homeless populations are matched with a home.

Section IV. Expansion of Subsidies
i. HUD is granted $10 billion to expand rent subsidies for low-income and disabled Atlasians
ia. Preference will be given to SSI/SSDI recipients.
ii. These subsidies shall not exceed 50% of rent or $700 per renter, whichever is greater.

Section V: Transportation Subsidies
I. For Transportation for all disabled and needy approved residents of section III.
II. All that are approved shall get free government paid airplane, grayhound bus or train tickets.
III. The government shall grant 30 million dollars yearly for this program.
IIIa money shall be doled out by HUD.
People's House of Representatives
Passed 7-1-0-1 in the House of Representatives

Amended in the People's Regional Senate
Amended version passed 2-1-2-1 by the People's Regional Senate Assembled

Passed the People's House of Representatives
Passed 6-2-1 in the House of Representatives

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies