Was "the Democrats will likely nominate a celebrity because Trump" the dumbest take of the election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:58:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Was "the Democrats will likely nominate a celebrity because Trump" the dumbest take of the election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Was "the Democrats will likely nominate a celebrity because Trump" the dumbest take of the election?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Was "the Democrats will likely nominate a celebrity because Trump" the dumbest take of the election?  (Read 732 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 23, 2021, 07:25:42 PM »

It was pretty absurd and all over here and other places in 2017. It had zero bearing in reality. Remember when some people thought Oprah would run because of a speech that wasn't even political? It's like some people believed that we live in a TV series or something.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 09:15:20 PM »

There were much dumber takes like “Trump will win Minnesota” so nah.

Even I can't agree with it. It was incredibly stupid but even "muh trends" isn't as dumb as "because Trump".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 11:28:25 PM »

I don't know if it was the dumbest take, because let's not forget that there were some people predicting Trump to win California.

I remember some folks predicting that mail-ballot tampering would turn New Jersey & New York into tossups

I'm talking about widespread takes. Although one that's arguably even dumber than this one that's fairly widespread is the notion that Trump actually came close to overturning the election results after the election, which is pretty laughable. (and not the storming of the Capitol did not even come remotely close to overturning the election results.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 01:32:22 PM »

We mentioned many of the laughable takes from the election season, but one nobody has mentioned was the "Trump will ban TikTok, leading to a youth surge against Trump."

Not really that dumb as Trump did come pretty close to banning TikTok.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies