Pennsylvania by district: 2016 vs 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:34:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Pennsylvania by district: 2016 vs 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania by district: 2016 vs 2020  (Read 555 times)
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« on: February 24, 2021, 11:44:50 AM »

Interesting that the only districts that had pro-Trump swings were both in Philly, but I guess that follows the trend of Trump doing relatively better in most urban areas across the country than he did in 2016.

I'm happy my district had the strongest pro-Biden swing in PA.
PA-15 too.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 05:03:11 PM »

This helped explain to me why Biden only won PA by 1%. If I looked at the 16-20 Swing Map or the County Map, it looks more like a 2-3% D Win than a 1% D Win. It was a 1% D Win because of PA-02 swinging 7% to the right.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 10:19:22 PM »

This helped explain to me why Biden only won PA by 1%. If I looked at the 16-20 Swing Map or the County Map, it looks more like a 2-3% D Win than a 1% D Win. It was a 1% D Win because of PA-02 swinging 7% to the right.

That and the rurals barely budging despite the widespread heralding of Biden as the guy who could bring the WWC back. Dems in R-trending states need to realize that old demographics aren't naturally coming back, and they need new coalitions.
I don't think anyone expected Biden to receive Obama numbers in Rural PA. No one thought Biden would flip back Carbon County, Cambria County, Or Elk County. Biden however did well in Erie, and it voted within 0.1% of the state as a whole. He also flipped Northampton which voted for Trump by nearly 4% in 2016. Biden did well enough In NEPA, receiving more votes than Obama in Luzerne.

Not quite sure what you are talking about, Biden won PA because he improved with WWC voters, particularly in the eastern part of the state. Few people said Biden would win by Obama/Bill Clinton margins.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies