Post “Cancun Cruz” does Ted Cruz lose his home state in the 2024 Republican primary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:09:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Post “Cancun Cruz” does Ted Cruz lose his home state in the 2024 Republican primary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post “Cancun Cruz” does Ted Cruz lose his home state in the 2024 Republican primary?  (Read 1727 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« on: February 25, 2021, 05:52:10 AM »

It's never really about one single issue from years ago when it comes to these primaries, but rather it's about how voters generally feel about a given candidate and this Cancun thing is just one in another long line of things that makes Cruz impossible to like.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 11:08:28 AM »

I agree with the sarcasm in this post:
Everyone knows that Ted Cruzs' 5 Day long Cancun trip 4 years ago will be the #1 top issue in 2024 and the only issue anyone cares about.

And I agree with these posts too:
I think it's more damaging in a general election than in a primary.
The number of unforced errors we've been seeing from Cruz lately lead me to believe he's running for President only in 2024, and that he'll give up his senate seat.
He very well may be despised by Republicans on the Hill, but I don't think it really has been sufficiently demonstrated that he is particularly unpopular among rank-and-file Republican voters, despite that being such a prominent narrative. If my recollection serves, his approval ratings were never particularly poor in recent years, and I believe they often eclipsed Cornyn's.
It's never really about one single issue from years ago when it comes to these primaries, but rather it's about how voters generally feel about a given candidate and this Cancun thing is just one in another long line of things that makes Cruz impossible to like.

And just because Cruz is "impossible to like" does not mean that he is likely going to lose Texas in the 2024 Republican primary, ...... assuming that Trump does not run.

I don't think Trump's voters will flock to Cruz. I maintain that the best bet as far as the GOP primary goes is someone that had a low profile during the Trump years who can sweep the Republican voters off their feet with Trump-like rhetoric while also being able to honestly say he had nothing to do with any contentious issue between 2016-20.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies