Post “Cancun Cruz” does Ted Cruz lose his home state in the 2024 Republican primary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:30:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Post “Cancun Cruz” does Ted Cruz lose his home state in the 2024 Republican primary?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Post “Cancun Cruz” does Ted Cruz lose his home state in the 2024 Republican primary?  (Read 1693 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2021, 04:06:37 PM »

A top tier opponent like Crenshaw could take him down in the primary for sure.  He's clearly a long term liability and an underperformer vs. generic R.  This latest misstep may not matter by itself, but it's one of many.

Crenshaw is an idiot.

That's why he's gone so far. Committed GOP voters, and especially what fewer younger voters they're picking up still, don't remotely want policy wonks. He delivers all the sound and fury of the culture war without outwardly taking a stance on anything, and that's his appeal and why he's the face of the younger right.

And that’s why he’s terrible.

Terrible, yes, but that tends to have precious little bearing on success, unfortunately.
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2021, 04:40:29 PM »

Ted Cruz is weird. I don't really know who his base is or how he got his seat in the first place. A senator from Texas? You'd think there would be dozens of top tier candidates for that seat

I can't think of any other guy who has such a national profile yet is despised by nearly everyone, even his own party

He was a good fit for a certain type of conservative at the time when he was elected, as a teabagger who would take the most conservative stance on anything. Trump killed the Tea Party movement, and with it Ted Cruz's shtick, and now he's a shell of a politician who tries to cling onto relevance by shilling for the guy who called his wife ugly and his father an assassin. I'd almost feel bad for the guy, if he wasn't such a...Ted Cruz
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2021, 12:18:20 AM »

A top tier opponent like Crenshaw could take him down in the primary for sure.  He's clearly a long term liability and an underperformer vs. generic R.  This latest misstep may not matter by itself, but it's one of many.
Ted Cruz is weird. I don't really know who his base is or how he got his seat in the first place. A senator from Texas? You'd think there would be dozens of top tier candidates for that seat

I can't think of any other guy who has such a national profile yet is despised by nearly everyone, even his own party

He very well may be despised by Republicans on the Hill, but I don't think it really has been sufficiently demonstrated that he is particularly unpopular among rank-and-file Republican voters, despite that being such a prominent narrative. If my recollection serves, his approval ratings were never particularly poor in recent years, and I believe they often eclipsed Cornyn's.

Well, a Yahoo/YouGov poll from about a week ago found Cruz at 24% approve, 49% disapprove. Do with that what you will.

It's not clear from context here, but I assume you're talking about their national polls?

Just thought I'd bump this, because according to the YouGov/Economist poll that came out today, Cruz is at 35% favorable / 48% unfavorable nationally among all voters, and 69% favorable / 20% unfavorable among Republicans.  Among 2020 Trump voters, he's at 75% favorable / 16% unfavorable:

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/bajzsg3506/econTabReport.pdf#table.98
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2021, 12:59:57 AM »

Yes, but not because of Cancun, but because of Trump, who will obliterate everyone in every state. In fact Cruz won't even run.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies