Iranian husband won't allow his ski coach wife to leave the country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:35:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Iranian husband won't allow his ski coach wife to leave the country
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iranian husband won't allow his ski coach wife to leave the country  (Read 153 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2021, 06:41:02 AM »

What a disturbing backwards law:

CORTINA D’AMPEZZO, Italy (AP) — When the husband of Iran’s Alpine ski team coach took advantage of a local law and barred his wife from leaving the country, Samira Zargari picked up her phone and continued coaching remotely.

Zargari called her four racers three times Thursday while they competed in the women’s giant slalom at the world championships in Italy — before the race, between runs and after the event was finished.

“Always I (am) proud of all Iranian girls,” Zargari said in a text message exchange with The Associated Press. “I love them.”

The 37-year-old Zargari said that her husband is now in a relationship with her best friend and that he requested she consent to a divorce.

“I didn’t and he blocked me,” Zargari said, adding that her husband is “always laughing (at) my job and my team.”

The couple was together for five years, said Zargari, who was writing from the Shemshak ski resort. She said her husband was born in the United States and is a citizen of both the U.S. and Iran.

Under Iranian law, husbands can stop their wives from traveling outside of the country.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2021/02/18/iran-ski-coach-samira-zargari-world-championships/
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 09:36:39 AM »

Disturbing backwards anti-women laws in the Islamic Republic Of Iran - who knew?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies