GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 06:04:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 147234 times)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: November 11, 2022, 12:01:05 AM »

The fact that Georgia came this close to electing a vegetable like Herschel Walker...
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #1626 on: November 11, 2022, 03:24:40 AM »

I think if CCM holds on in Nevada, Republican voters stay home in GA because what's the point?

If she doesn't, then so much money is going to be dumped into this sh**tshow over the next month, our collective heads will slosh off.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1627 on: November 11, 2022, 02:17:59 PM »

Weird fact: In high school I dated the Libertarian candidate, Chase Oliver.

Pretty sure I haven’t mentioned that here.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1628 on: November 11, 2022, 10:56:15 PM »

How was it?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1629 on: November 12, 2022, 12:39:07 AM »

How do we know this is real?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1630 on: November 12, 2022, 08:36:16 AM »

Speaking of Chase Oliver, he won't endorse anyone in the runoff:

Georgia Senate Libertarian candidate Oliver Chase said Thursday that he will not endorse either incumbent Democrat Raphael Warnock or Republican Herschel Walker as they head for a runoff election.

"I'm not going to tell you how to vote. Your vote is your voice," he told Fox News. "I don't seek to control you, just like libertarians, if elected, would not seek to control you in government."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-senate-libertarian-candidate-endorse-walker-warnock-runoff

Yes, Fox really called him Oliver Chase and refers to him as Chase throughout the story.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1631 on: November 12, 2022, 08:50:03 AM »

Don’t count out the notorious shy Walker voters who only turn out for a run-off.

That’s why I just don’t see a Walker path to victory, especially if we get a CCM Senate projection soon in Nevada. What the hell’s the point for Walker supporters? The guy lost round 1 by 35,000 votes despite every other Republican easily winning. Warnock would have to be asleep at the wheel.

Prediction is Warnock +4.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1632 on: November 12, 2022, 09:04:16 AM »

Don’t count out the notorious shy Walker voters who only turn out for a run-off.

That’s why I just don’t see a Walker path to victory, especially if we get a CCM Senate projection soon in Nevada. What the hell’s the point for Walker supporters? The guy lost round 1 by 35,000 votes despite every other Republican easily winning. Warnock would have to be asleep at the wheel.

Even if the Senate is already decided, every seat matters. You could just as easily ask what the point is for Warnock supporters.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1633 on: November 12, 2022, 09:08:39 AM »

Even if the Senate is already decided, every seat matters. You could just as easily ask what the point is for Warnock supporters.

To keep a deranged man who has trouble stringing together a noun and a verb in a sentence out of the Senate, that’s the point.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1634 on: November 12, 2022, 10:36:09 AM »

To keep a deranged man who has trouble stringing together a noun and a verb in a sentence out of the Senate, that’s the point.

Yeah that’s Walker real problem if/when CCM wins and the senate control isn’t on the line then the runoff becomes a referendum on his character
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1635 on: November 12, 2022, 12:02:19 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1636 on: November 12, 2022, 12:23:29 PM »

Little too ethnic for MTG’s constituents, perhaps?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1637 on: November 12, 2022, 02:58:12 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1638 on: November 12, 2022, 08:52:42 PM »

I hope Warnock wins Fayette in the runoff. Just for weird aesthetic reasons haha
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1639 on: November 12, 2022, 09:06:31 PM »

I hope Warnock wins Fayette in the runoff. Just for weird aesthetic reasons haha

He was leading there for a long time on Election Night. And its presently 50-47, or a 3 point gap. Which is a drop from the 8-6 point gap in 2020/21. The expansion of the south Atlanta African American suburbs continues inexorably.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1640 on: November 12, 2022, 11:02:48 PM »

Now that CCM is declared the winner and Dems hold the senate, I have a lot of trouble seeing Walker win. Now that senate control isn't on the line, it becomes a race about Walker, which with all his skeletons, will be bad.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1641 on: November 12, 2022, 11:17:08 PM »

He was leading there for a long time on Election Night. And its presently 50-47, or a 3 point gap. Which is a drop from the 8-6 point gap in 2020/21. The expansion of the south Atlanta African American suburbs continues inexorably.

Fayette is interesting because it is significantly richer than a lot of other southern Atlanta metro area counties. Peachtree City is an interesting place to look for rich suburban white swings too.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1642 on: November 13, 2022, 07:43:29 PM »

How was it?

I mean, I was like 16-17 and was a scared little kid in the biggest closet you've ever seen. He was my first boyfriend and my first kiss with another dude (so, my first genuine kiss). But it was a very weird time for me. I grew up in an ultra-religious/conservative household so having to keep it secret wasn't fun. And when my parents eventually found out it was hell...I was threatened with being moved schools...sent to live with grandparents...sent to military school....but those things never happened. I was forced into counseling for some reason and subject to lots and lots of shame simply for being young and having that first fling that everyone should be allowed to experience. It all really messed me up and that basically ended the relationship. Chase was always nice and easy-going...much more free with himself than I was (I think he was raised not as strict as me?).

We went to Brookwood High School. I was a year older than him.

You don't. Not sure why I would make that up. Not like it's any kind of claim to fame or whatever.

I did recently reconnect with him after I saw he was running for office. We're now Facebook/instagram friends and we've texted a few times. He did offer to meet up and reconnect in person but that was back in maybe July or so and I never did. I feel like that chapter in my life is closed.
Babeuf

« Reply #1643 on: November 14, 2022, 10:35:33 AM »

If you want a general heuristic as to how much Warnock may be raising each day, see the below tracker for total ActBlue donations per day. With Warnock as the only Dem candidate on the ballot nationwide, I would guess he may be taking as much as a third to half (or more) of the total money.

https://observablehq.com/@rdmurphy/actblue-ticker-tracker

11/13/2022   $8,122,149
11/12/2022   $10,426,377
11/11/2022   $13,741,036
11/10/2022   $17,597,675
11/9/2022     $14,014,836
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #1644 on: November 14, 2022, 12:02:03 PM »

I think Warnock is slight favorite but I also think people here are being bit too optimistic about Rs not turning out for runoff and Ds turning out well.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1645 on: November 14, 2022, 02:20:13 PM »

bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1646 on: November 14, 2022, 02:26:28 PM »

I think Warnock is slight favorite but I also think people here are being bit too optimistic about Rs not turning out for runoff and Ds turning out well.

Yes, if Walker wins it'll be because Democrats are asleep at the wheel, we cannot let that happen.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1647 on: November 14, 2022, 02:28:12 PM »

Yes, if Walker wins it'll be because Democrats are asleep at the wheel, we cannot let that happen.
l
There's gonna be early voting just like last time why are users so DOOMERISH WARNOCK we have the Senate anyway
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1648 on: November 14, 2022, 04:47:04 PM »

Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1649 on: November 14, 2022, 05:45:33 PM »

Far be it for me, an individual represented on the world stage by Liz Truss less than a month ago, make too much hay of another country's politicians, but:

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies