GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:42:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 146560 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: October 31, 2022, 09:38:45 PM »

Amazing!  Cheesy

Damn.
AnOdyssey
Rookie

P P
« Reply #1551 on: November 01, 2022, 01:12:34 AM »

I feel Herschel Walker's past abortions should hurt with the Pro-Life crowd. I want to believe this race isn't close.
doopy pants
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1552 on: November 01, 2022, 02:37:36 AM »

I feel Herschel Walker's past abortions should hurt with the Pro-Life crowd. I want to believe this race isn't close.
What has Warnock done to restrict abortions? Nothing.

That’s why the pro life crowd won’t abandon Walker, who supports a nationwide abortion ban.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1553 on: November 01, 2022, 04:27:23 AM »

They have no real morals or any actual convictions.

This is a team sport for them, one in which they want the other team killed or beaten. As long as Walker’s on their team, they’ll back him.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1554 on: November 01, 2022, 07:52:47 AM »

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1555 on: November 01, 2022, 08:06:52 AM »

The abortion allegations against Walker...Republicans don't care.

A video could surface of him eating a fetus and these people will still head out to the polls and cast their votes for him.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1556 on: November 01, 2022, 02:15:00 PM »

Walker is viewed as the pro-life and pro-family candidate even if he has a somewhat questionable past because his opponent is a pro-choice pastor. That's why the race is still a tossup.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1557 on: November 01, 2022, 03:16:26 PM »

Walker is viewed as the pro-life and pro-family candidate even if he has a somewhat questionable past because his opponent is a pro-choice pastor. That's why the race is still a tossup.

The part I find the most frustrating is at first, he was the one criticizing absentee fathers, specifically black absentee fathers when he is one himself several times over infact. I don't understand how after that someone can truly see him as a family man.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1558 on: November 01, 2022, 04:35:55 PM »

He is not pro-anything except himself.

He will say anything to get votes from people like you.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1559 on: November 01, 2022, 04:47:29 PM »

So apparently West was born in Atlanta… I think I know who Warnock is facing in 2028
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1560 on: November 01, 2022, 06:35:39 PM »

Latham Saddler would have put this race away a week or more ago.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1561 on: November 01, 2022, 09:12:41 PM »

His past isn't "questionable". He physically and emotionally abused his ex-wife, impregnated multiple women while he was married and then paid for abortions, had a child out of wedlock and then was an absentee father, and, last but not least, appears to have been a terrible father. In no way, shape or form could he be described as a "pro-life" or "pro-family" candidate - he's literally pro-abortion and hates family.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1562 on: November 01, 2022, 09:17:44 PM »

His past isn't "questionable". He physically and emotionally abused his ex-wife, impregnated multiple women while he was married and then paid for abortions, had a child out of wedlock and then was an absentee father, and, last but not least, appears to have been a terrible father. In no way, shape or form could he be described as a "pro-life" or "pro-family" candidate - he's literally pro-abortion and hates family.

He was saved by grace.  The old Herschel is dead.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1563 on: November 01, 2022, 09:50:08 PM »

He was saved by grace.  The old Herschel is dead.

Like Donald Trump?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1564 on: November 01, 2022, 10:41:29 PM »

He was saved by grace.  The old Herschel is dead.

then he should, at the very least, be ashamed of himself enough to avoid public life

seems to me like he's just a weak person who killed his own children. we do not need the WEAK in public office.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1565 on: November 01, 2022, 11:44:15 PM »

That's why Republicans like him.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1566 on: November 01, 2022, 11:49:29 PM »

Best ad ever:

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1567 on: November 02, 2022, 05:40:53 AM »

The abortion allegations against Walker...Republicans don't care.

A video could surface of him eating a fetus and these people will still head out to the polls and cast their votes for him.

"Who cares? Walker supports banning fetus-eating: can Warnock say the same???"
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1568 on: November 02, 2022, 05:47:55 AM »

Best ad ever:

I can't help but assume there were some intentional, motivational undertones to all of this aimed at certain voters.

"GUESS WHO'S COMING TO [THANKSGIVING] DINNER? MULTIPLE BLACK MEN IF YOU DON'T VOTE RIGHT [SANDY SPRINGS, EAST COBB, ALPHARETTA, CUMMING, CANTON & BUFORD]!!!"
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1569 on: November 02, 2022, 09:38:53 AM »

All of this is true, but Republican voters don't care. They see Walker as a vote for their legislative priorities and are going to support him because of that alone.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1570 on: November 02, 2022, 10:51:08 AM »

All of this is true, but Republican voters don't care. They see Walker as a vote for their legislative priorities and are going to support him because of that alone.

I'm surprised some of y'all are surprised by this.  Legislative agenda is part of what keeps me voting with the GOP, especially downballot.  Not on every issue, mind you, but still -- I can't imagine I'm an oddball in that sense. 
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1571 on: November 02, 2022, 10:57:55 AM »

I'm surprised some of y'all are surprised by this.  Legislative agenda is part of what keeps me voting with the GOP, especially downballot.  Not on every issue, mind you, but still -- I can't imagine I'm an oddball in that sense. 

On the flip side you had Menéndez in 2018 where a lot of Dems who found him to be disgusting as a person but thought repudiation against Trump was more important. Menéndez did slightly underperform a generic del considering the year. But thinking about how he did like 10 points better than Phil Murphy gets me disappointed and points to a problem with our politics.

My mom, who is a pretty staunch Dem but dislikes Menéndez is considering casting a protest vote this year in NJ-08 for his son. NJ-08 is an ultra ultra safe district so her vote will be more of a message than decisive. If NJ-08 was a more competitive district she would fall in line right away.

I seriously hope they both either retire soon or get out primaried. Senator Menéndez just seems like a very flawed individual with weak moral character and child Menéndez comes across as entitled and opportunutistic; being represented by a Corrupt Senator, his Son, and Cory Booker in congress will suck.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #1572 on: November 02, 2022, 11:02:49 AM »

I'm surprised some of y'all are surprised by this.  Legislative agenda is part of what keeps me voting with the GOP, especially downballot.  Not on every issue, mind you, but still -- I can't imagine I'm an oddball in that sense.  

On the flip side you had Menéndez in 2018 where a lot of Dems who found him to be disgusting as a person but thought repudiation against Trump was more important. Menéndez did slightly underperform a generic del considering the year. But thinking about how he did like 10 points better than Phil Murphy gets me disappointed and points to a problem with our politics.

My mom, who is a pretty staunch Dem but dislikes Menéndez is considering casting a protest vote this year in NJ-08 for his son. NJ-08 is an ultra ultra safe district so her vote will be more of a message than decisive. If NJ-08 was a more competitive district she would fall in line right away.

I seriously hope they both either retire soon or get out primaried. Senator Menéndez just seems like a very flawed individual with weak moral character and child Menéndez comes across as entitled and opportunutistic; being represented by a Corrupt Senator, his Son, and Cory Booker in congress will suck.

Oh I would've voted for Hugin in a heartbeat.  I'd vote for Zeldin if I was a New Yorker (but thank goodness I'm not hehe Tongue) or Ronchetti if I was a New Mexi...can(?).   And yes, I'd probably vote for Greg Abbott again in my native Texas. 

On the other hand, I'd vote for Warnock in Georgia or Kelly in Arizona just bc I dislike their opponents to such a high degree, not necessarily because I'm pulling for the Democrats to hold onto the Senate.  
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1573 on: November 02, 2022, 11:07:26 AM »

Oh I would've voted for Hugin in a heartbeat.  I'd vote for Zeldin if I was a New Yorker (but thank goodness I'm not hehe Tongue) or Ronchetti if I was a New Mexi...can(?).   

On the other hand, I'd vote for Warnock in Georgia or Kelly in Arizona just bc I dislike their opponents to such a high degree, not necessarily because I'm pulling for the Democrats to hold onto the Senate. 

I wish we had more people like you who consider peoples character and hold fundamentally “bad” people accountable in politics. Especially for people who deeply care about politics, I think it can be hard to disassociate the person form the politics. At the end of the day both the House and Senate are bodies of people and for every person elected D or R who has clear moral convictions, limits, and general intelligence, the quality of that body of people goes up.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #1574 on: November 02, 2022, 11:11:56 AM »

Oh I would've voted for Hugin in a heartbeat.  I'd vote for Zeldin if I was a New Yorker (but thank goodness I'm not hehe Tongue) or Ronchetti if I was a New Mexi...can(?).   

I wish we had more people like you who consider peoples character and hold fundamentally “bad” people accountable in politics. Especially for people who deeply care about politics, I think it can be hard to disassociate the person form the politics. At the end of the day both the House and Senate are bodies of people and for every person elected D or R who has clear moral convictions, limits, and general intelligence, the quality of that body of people goes up.

Oh don't get me wrong, I still get sucked into the team mentality.  My vote for Cornyn in 2014/2020 and Cruz in 2018 wasn't because I like their characters.  I find Cruz quite slimy and spineless.  I find Cornyn boring and bland.  I definitely would've voted for Beto if we were just going off character.  But I wanted Republicans to retain the Senate.  Point blank. 

OTOH, I would vote Zeldin partly to send a message to the Democratic Party of New York and Ronchetti because MLG makes my skin crawl. 

It really depends on the circumstances and the candidates. 
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies