GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 09:23:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 145679 times)
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: October 04, 2022, 09:40:34 AM »

Walker has backed out of the October 14 debate:

https://www.bet.com/article/xp352e/raphael-warnock-herschel-walker-debate-canceled
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #926 on: October 04, 2022, 09:45:06 AM »

RIP to the Walker campaign. Not agreeing to debate is one thing; backing out after you already have is another.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #927 on: October 04, 2022, 09:49:15 AM »

I figured that would happen, but the choice is the lesser of two evils for Walker.  Warnock already would have tied him in knots on the debate stage, but now the recent disclosures would have been a major topic.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #928 on: October 04, 2022, 09:53:16 AM »

Prediction: such a lawsuit will never be filed.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #929 on: October 04, 2022, 09:55:30 AM »

Prediction: such a lawsuit will never be filed.

That's one of the most corporate-a** tweets I've ever seen. 
xavier110
United States
« Reply #930 on: October 04, 2022, 10:43:43 AM »

The biggest twist is Christian being a man of (some?) integrity. Major props to him for having the courage to call out lies. For all his childlike behavior, is he the actual adult in the Walker house?

What’s sadder than the affairs and abortion payoffs is that Herschel even got this far. The man can’t even string a sentence together. How was that not disqualifying?!
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #931 on: October 04, 2022, 10:53:49 AM »

The number of Twitter peeps saying that Christian's account was "hacked" despite him posting monologue videos reinforcing the text in his tweets is worrying. 
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #932 on: October 04, 2022, 11:24:16 AM »

Amazing what Herschel Walker has done to his life & family all because Trump told him to run for the Senate.

Forty years ago he signed a lifetime personal services contract with the New Jersey Generals. Say what you will about Herschel Walker, but when he's bought he stays bought.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #933 on: October 04, 2022, 12:05:20 PM »

the copium

Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #934 on: October 04, 2022, 12:07:07 PM »

the copium

Just to be safe, we should lock James Comey in a vault for the next five weeks.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #935 on: October 04, 2022, 12:08:51 PM »

the copium

"You can be awful but still make it! How inspiring!"
forsythvoter

« Reply #936 on: October 04, 2022, 12:49:01 PM »

Politics aside, it really saddens me as a father to see the Walker family and Christian being torn apart from Herschel's actions. I also really hope Herschel and the Republicans puts a stop to all of the personal attacks being launched against Christian - it seems to me like he's had a lot of mental trauma from his dad's infidelity and subsequent attempts to cover-up the consequences. No senate race is ever worth losing your family over!

And as for the election itself, I'll have to see what the reactions of others in my community and family are, but I've been leaning Warnock for a while. I don't see a scenario in which I can vote for Herschel at this point.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #937 on: October 04, 2022, 12:52:27 PM »

Politics aside, it really saddens me as a father to see the Walker family and Christian being torn apart from Herschel's actions. I also really hope Herschel and the Republicans puts a stop to all of the personal attacks being launched against Christian - it seems to me like he's had a lot of mental trauma from his dad's infidelity and subsequent attempts to cover-up the consequences. No senate race is ever worth losing your family over!

And as for the election itself, I'll have to see what the reactions of others in my community and family are, but I've been leaning Warnock for a while. I don't see a scenario in which I can vote for Herschel at this point.
This. The family needs therapy. Herschel shouldn’t be Senator not just for Georgia…but really because it’s gonna completely break them apart. Hopefully after this they get the help they need and maybe start rebuilding.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #938 on: October 04, 2022, 12:57:22 PM »

The number of Twitter peeps saying that Christian's account was "hacked" despite him posting monologue videos reinforcing the text in his tweets is worrying. 

I've said this in other contexts, probably not on this forum, but I think 2014 was around "peak trust" for society, for reasons totally out of anyone's control. The existence of high-quality recording technology slightly outpaced the ability to falsify recordings, but hasn't kept up; as things like deep fakes and AI art become accessible in the mainstream, it will almost become impossible to believe your eyes.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #939 on: October 04, 2022, 01:30:45 PM »

Classy…
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #940 on: October 04, 2022, 01:43:37 PM »

Classy…

Life Pro Tip: we love being referred to as broads.  (Other acceptable terms include "skirts", "skanks" and "dames").  
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #941 on: October 04, 2022, 01:57:07 PM »

Just once, I’d like to hear a conservative acknowledge Walker wouldn’t be in this jam if he’d just kept his legs closed.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #942 on: October 04, 2022, 01:59:00 PM »

How Bad are Walker's recent scandals ?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #943 on: October 04, 2022, 02:01:22 PM »

Bad.  Rumor is that the Georgia GOP would replace him on the ballot if they could, but it's too late at this point.
Cyrusman
« Reply #944 on: October 04, 2022, 02:02:00 PM »

How is it over for walker? I really don’t see republicans voting for Warnock
Just because walker paid for an abortion 13 years ago. Most will still bite their tongue and vote more so against Warnock than for walker. This is more a personal issue that a Georgia issue and I really don’t see it making that much of an impact. Dems we’re never going to vote for him.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #945 on: October 04, 2022, 02:03:54 PM »

Just because walker paid for an abortion 13 years ago. Most will still bite their tongue and vote more so against Warnock than for walker. This is more a personal issue that a Georgia issue and I really don’t see it making that much of an impact. Dems we’re never going to vote for him.

People really need to stop acting like Independents don't exist. The whole "republicans are not voting for Warnock", well yeah but there's plenty of non-GOP voters out there who are not Dems either lol
HidingCommentary
Rookie
United States

« Reply #946 on: October 04, 2022, 02:07:12 PM »

A bunch of Biden/Warnock/Ossoff voters are about to vote for Kemp next month. These revelations absolutely have an effect on these same swing voters.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #947 on: October 04, 2022, 02:22:59 PM »

A bunch of Biden/Warnock/Ossoff voters are about to vote for Kemp next month. These revelations absolutely have an effect on these same swing voters.

Honestly there are some swing voters who want to look "undecided".

They truly Can by voting both for Kemp and Warnock and I think this is what they will do
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #948 on: October 04, 2022, 02:26:02 PM »

Warnock doesn't need them to vote for him, he just needs them to leave the ballot blank.
forsythvoter

« Reply #949 on: October 04, 2022, 02:26:27 PM »

I suppose I'm one of these "swing voters" but for me, it's less about wanting to be undecided / putting off a decision and more about conflicting emotions I'm feeling this cycle. On the one hand, I don't want the Democrats in charge of the budget and on the other hand I don't want Republicans in charge of my wife's body. Scandals that make me question if a candidate is fundamentally fit for office absolutely can sway my vote.

Honestly there are some swing voters who want to look "undecided".

They truly Can by voting both for Kemp and Warnock and I think this is what they will do
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies