GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:18:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 145326 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: August 11, 2022, 09:29:13 AM »

With SSRI use on the rise across Cobb County, Georgia Democrats could only stigmatise - but Walker’s campaign, no doubt advised by David Perdue, has landed its finger on the pulse of Atlanta’s suburbia.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #651 on: August 11, 2022, 09:32:36 AM »

Yeah, Walker trying to make an excuse for violently threatening his wife because of his "mental health" is.... something
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #652 on: August 11, 2022, 09:43:37 AM »

In a place as polarized as Georgia, how many votes could something like this actually move?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #653 on: August 11, 2022, 10:12:51 AM »

In a place as polarized as Georgia, how many votes could something like this actually move?

Ask Sean Parnell
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #654 on: August 11, 2022, 10:24:43 AM »

Alaska is much more elastic than Georgia is.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #655 on: August 11, 2022, 10:50:35 AM »

Sean Parnell (R-PA)
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #656 on: August 11, 2022, 10:56:02 AM »

Oh.
That's still  something of an apples and oranges.
First of all, PA is just as elastic as the nation as a whole. Not the same as GA...
Also, primary=/=general; those are different in dynamics. Not that it won't have an impact, but it won't be the same.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #657 on: August 11, 2022, 11:13:09 AM »

Absolutely despicable messaging from Walker who most likely doesn’t even support broad access to mental health services. All he’s doing his scapegoating people who suffer with mental health diagnoses for his own violent tendencies.

Donating another $10 to Warnock. Let’s bring this one home y’all.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #658 on: August 12, 2022, 09:10:07 PM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #659 on: August 12, 2022, 11:03:58 PM »

It’s honestly hard to believe that Walker isn’t trying to lose, though I really shouldn’t be that surprised…
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #660 on: August 13, 2022, 12:09:16 AM »

Sorry but did anyone else have a seizure trying to figure out what he's trying to say?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #661 on: August 14, 2022, 01:24:18 AM »

With SSRI use on the rise across Cobb County, Georgia Democrats could only stigmatise - but Walker’s campaign, no doubt advised by David Perdue, has landed its finger on the pulse of Atlanta’s suburbia.

In all fairness, the man behind this predictable attempt at character assassination is noted psychopath Bill Kristol, who - it goes without saying - is a far greater danger to society than Herschel Walker will ever be. I already said this last cycle when the Lincoln Project came up as a subject, but there’s a lot to be said about the concentration of extremely ghoulish individuals among NeverTrump political strategists & lawmakers.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #662 on: August 14, 2022, 04:45:25 AM »

In all fairness, the man behind this predictable attempt at character assassination is noted psychopath Bill Kristol, who - it goes without saying - is a far greater danger to society than Herschel Walker will ever be. I already said this last cycle when the Lincoln Project came up as a subject, but there’s a lot to be said about the concentration of extremely ghoulish individuals among NeverTrump political strategists & lawmakers.

I guess there’s a difference between the Jeff Flakes and John Kasichs of the Never Trump world versus the like of the Cheneys, Bushes and Kristols
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #663 on: August 14, 2022, 07:14:15 AM »

I guess there’s a difference between the Jeff Flakes and John Kasichs of the Never Trump world versus the like of the Cheneys, Bushes and Kristols

As the old tune goes... "moderate, moderate, 'million Iraqis dead"
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #664 on: August 16, 2022, 08:20:13 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #665 on: August 16, 2022, 08:23:07 AM »

I'll keep that in mind if I ever have Top Secret documents hidden in my house.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #666 on: August 18, 2022, 08:21:07 AM »

I-

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #667 on: August 18, 2022, 09:56:16 AM »

I-

Someone in the comments said this sounds like a special needs teacher introducing her star student.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #668 on: August 18, 2022, 09:57:13 AM »

Watching him just look back and forth is kinda sad tbh.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #669 on: August 18, 2022, 10:03:36 AM »

Walker honestly seems like a worse candidate than Oz to me.  I guess Oz is just getting more negative publicity or something?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #670 on: August 18, 2022, 10:06:56 AM »

Walker honestly seems like a worse candidate than Oz to me.  I guess Oz is just getting more negative publicity or something?

Honestly I think it's more that Warnock isn't seizing as much on Walker and all of his crazy comments. Which may work out for him in the end, kind of staying "above the fray" in a way. But I certainly feel as if Warnock is leaving some stuff on the cutting room floor at this point by not at least doing something with all of this content.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #671 on: August 18, 2022, 10:11:40 AM »

Oz is just easier to dunk on, he's a super rich quack with a very punchable face.

Herschel is a worse candidate, but the CTE is so obvious that trolling him the same way would just seem like a pile on. Warnock is wisely mostly ignoring him and focusing on kitchen table issues and bipartisanship. When he does allude to Walker it's never about his mental health, just his inexperience.

If both of these guys win they'd make a good prez/vp duo one day. Both progressives who can still appeal to the center,  very likeable but also very different personalities, and can bring the coalition together nicely.
forsythvoter

« Reply #672 on: August 18, 2022, 05:25:34 PM »

Not sure if others feel the same way, but I do think one thing that makes it difficult to for me to support Walker despite not loving the Dems' agenda is that I literally find it hard to understand and follow his thinking and speech. He seems to have half-formed "opinions" on substantive topics without really being able to articulate why those are the right policies and how those opinions (translated into policies) would lead to a better quality of life for Georgians. It just creates an overall impression for me that he's not really a serious candidate for Senator, which in turn makes it seem like Warnock is the safer choice.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #673 on: August 18, 2022, 05:29:49 PM »

It is genuinely sad to watch Herschel Walker self-immolate like this.

The fact that there is a non-zero chance he wins the election anyway, however, is genuinely scary.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #674 on: August 18, 2022, 05:38:27 PM »

Not sure if others feel the same way, but I do think one thing that makes it difficult to for me to support Walker despite not loving the Dems' agenda is that I literally find it hard to understand and follow his thinking and speech. He seems to have half-formed "opinions" on substantive topics without really being able to articulate why those are the right policies and how those opinions (translated into policies) would lead to a better quality of life for Georgians. It just creates an overall impression for me that he's not really a serious candidate for Senator, which in turn makes it seem like Warnock is the safer choice.

Are you leaning Kemp for Gov, and what could Walker do to ultimately get your vote (or on the converse Warnock do to lose it).
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies