GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 03:25:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 144189 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: June 15, 2022, 12:37:31 AM »

Lol that interview is a funny look given Carson’s intelligence. But Walker is truly charismatic and seems like a nice guy, which is big

if you think walker is charismatic you probably also have CTE

He's charrismatic in his tone; he has quite a soothing pattern of speech that sounds friendly and welcoming compared to many people running for office

However, the content of what he says is not very charismatic, though that could vary based on ideology.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #526 on: June 15, 2022, 06:36:22 AM »

Did you know Walker is the name of a large breed of Beagle? Remember Alvin the Beagle?
Yoda
United States

« Reply #527 on: June 15, 2022, 08:51:40 AM »

I'm guessing the entire right wing media ecosystem will likely just ignore the story of walker's discarded son? Even after Walker has made fatherhood a somewhat central theme in his (albeit incoherent) stump speeches/interviews?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #528 on: June 16, 2022, 01:18:44 AM »

I'm guessing the entire right wing media ecosystem will likely just ignore the story of walker's discarded son? Even after Walker has made fatherhood a somewhat central theme in his (albeit incoherent) stump speeches/interviews?

Considering one of his sons is a literal lightning rod and the other he "abandoned", this seems like somethign waiting to bite him.
ibagli
United States

« Reply #529 on: June 16, 2022, 07:03:11 AM »

more kids

A day after The Daily Beast broke the news that Herschel Walker had a secret 10-year-old son he fathered out of wedlock, the football star-turned-politician confirmed late Wednesday night that he has yet another son with a different woman that the public doesn’t know about—as well as a daughter that he had in college.

At this rate he'll have eight tomorrow.

CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #530 on: June 16, 2022, 07:05:17 AM »

This is too good. I know Christian is fuming
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #531 on: June 16, 2022, 08:29:12 AM »

This is too good. I know Christian is fuming

And this too. You can't even make this stuff up

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #532 on: June 16, 2022, 08:46:28 AM »

We are all Herschel Walker's secret son on this blessed day
Yoda
United States

« Reply #533 on: June 16, 2022, 09:19:03 AM »

Considering one of his sons is a literal lightning rod and the other he "abandoned", this seems like somethign waiting to bite him.

Don't even get me started on his adult son. I've never wanted to call a fellow gay a slur so much in my entire life. He's such garbage. No class whatsoever. Definitely reflects poorly on Walker as a father that he raised such a spoiled, ignorant brat.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #534 on: June 16, 2022, 09:22:43 AM »

more kids

A day after The Daily Beast broke the news that Herschel Walker had a secret 10-year-old son he fathered out of wedlock, the football star-turned-politician confirmed late Wednesday night that he has yet another son with a different woman that the public doesn’t know about—as well as a daughter that he had in college.

At this rate he'll have eight tomorrow.

lmaoooo

He's so pro family he has like 4 of them
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #535 on: June 16, 2022, 09:28:07 AM »

If Warnock doesn't tweet him a happy father's day on sunday SMDH
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #536 on: June 16, 2022, 10:26:14 AM »

Am I the only one who doesn't see a problem with Walker having these other children? They weren't "secret", they just weren't publicized during the campaign, which is completely fine to do.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #537 on: June 16, 2022, 10:27:36 AM »

Georgia gets to choose between two deadbeat dads this year!
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #538 on: June 16, 2022, 10:54:07 AM »

Walker might be the most unqualified Senate campaign ever. And I'm not joking and it's very sad but he might have CTE.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #539 on: June 16, 2022, 11:10:19 AM »

None of these scandals are likely to matter this year. I used to think that McCaskill to Hawley was a huge downgrade, and then Doug Jones lost to Tommy Tuberville. But neither downgrade can compare to Warnock -> Walker.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #540 on: June 16, 2022, 11:12:03 AM »

None of these scandals are likely to matter this year. I used to think that McCaskill to Hawley was a huge downgrade, and then Doug Jones lost to Tommy Tuberville. But neither downgrade can compare to Warnock -> Walker.

You also said Loeffler and Perdue were gonna win and beat WARNOCK and Ossoff and that didn't happen
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #541 on: June 16, 2022, 11:33:47 AM »

Am I the only one who doesn't see a problem with Walker having these other children? They weren't "secret", they just weren't publicized during the campaign, which is completely fine to do.

Isn't he, like, not in their lives?
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #542 on: June 16, 2022, 12:33:04 PM »

The problem isn’t Walker having other children, it’s hiding them from the public, not being a part of their lives, and then lecturing the black community about absent fatherhood and how it’s the root of all social ills.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #543 on: June 16, 2022, 12:41:22 PM »

The problem isn’t Walker having other children, it’s hiding them from the public, not being a part of their lives, and then lecturing the black community about absent fatherhood and how it’s the root of all social ills.

Whoever allowed this to be a part of the campaign should be fired. This in itself wouldn’t be indicting but he acts as if he’s running for head football coach at University of Georgia with the toughness and character lectures. It’s a great strategy long-term, but he’s not the candidate for it and it’s creating a Walker circus instead of focusing on the incumbent
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #544 on: June 16, 2022, 01:46:21 PM »

Whoever allowed this to be a part of the campaign should be fired. This in itself wouldn’t be indicting but he acts as if he’s running for head football coach at University of Georgia with the toughness and character lectures. It’s a great strategy long-term, but he’s not the candidate for it and it’s creating a Walker circus instead of focusing on the incumbent

has Walker really focused on Warnock at all? Even when I see clips of him, it's just him talking nonsense about some topic of the day, never really about Warnock specifically
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #545 on: June 16, 2022, 02:04:07 PM »

Candidates like Walker have potential but they are usually hit or miss. Unfortunately (for the GOP), all signs point to miss in this case, so we’ll see if there’s a wave that can carry him across the finish line.

I very much agree that this is a race any Republican who would have actually focused on Warnock (and stayed focused on the incumbent) would have won.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #546 on: June 16, 2022, 02:11:37 PM »

Anecdotally I am hearing a disheartening amount of Kemp-curiousness from suburbanites who are grateful that he "stood up to Trump" but should know better, but an encouraging amount of people uncomfortable with electing some unhinged football player. I think there might be a wider gulf between GOV and SEN than I initially thought. Voters have the memory of goldfish Sad.

Got me wondering - who would be an Abrams/Walker voter?
Die-hard MAGAT who hates Kemp and blames him for not overturning the Georgia 2020 elections.
He’s simply voting for the Trump endorsed candidates: Stacey Abrams and Herschel Walker
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #547 on: June 16, 2022, 03:33:50 PM »

How embarrassing are the other kids that Christian is the one he chose to publicly acknowledge?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #548 on: June 16, 2022, 05:50:22 PM »

Is Christian the only one that is biracial? If the rest of the children are all Black that might explain why he only claimed Christian. Like most athletes I knew he was a tramp, but my God, three secret children? This is soap opera level bad.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #549 on: June 16, 2022, 11:50:49 PM »

At this point, I'm not sure Warnock will even need a runoff to win. If Perdue had chosen to run here rather than his suicide run for Governor, he'd be up by 10 points right now.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies