GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:42:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 140702 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2021, 11:14:48 AM »

Perdue proved himself to be a lackluster campaigner and a weak incumbent/candidate, so... yeah

The way he embarrassed himself with the Kamala stuff was so cringe.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2021, 11:55:27 AM »

The thing I fear is that as Perdue is a relatively strong candidate, or at least a credible one, the GOP will be tempted to throw a lot of money in this race, only to lose it by a small margin in the end.
There is nothing wrong to throw a lot of money into a race unless its something ridiculous like the McGrift movement or a hypothetical defeat Schumer one. Republicans only really have 4 potential pickups and they should invest as much as possible into them. The only real issue is if voters get angry over outside money coming in and too many ads being ran like what happened in Maine.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2021, 12:11:51 PM »

Can't wait for the "Perdue will win suburbanites in Cobb County" memes again
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2021, 12:16:39 PM »

I was thinking this was likely, and I don't think he'll be a particularly bad candidate in a B I D E N M I D T E R M where Trump, election objections and QAnon will be tertiary issues (at best)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2021, 12:29:27 PM »

Perdue obviously has some people who voted for him, who either voted for Warnock too or changed their mind before the second ballot- however I don't get how he's stronger than any other relatively normal state-wide offical.

His ethics problems mean that there's just so much low-hanging fruit which pretty much wipes out the advantages he might have.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2021, 12:37:55 PM »

Politico's reporting that Loeffler (& obviously Collins) are also considering challenges against Warnock:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/15/perdue-2022-warnock-georgia-469075

Loeffler is also considering running again in a rematch against Warnock, as is former Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.), who finished third in the special election in November.

A Perdue vs. Loeffler vs. Collins vs. MTG primary would be completely f**king insane. How do y'all think it would turn out?

MTG takes one runoff slot with Collins getting >10% and being essentially a non-factor for most of the campaign.  Tossup between Perdue and Loeffler for the remaining slot although my gut says Loeffler narrowly edges out Perdue.  Either way, MTG probably wins the runoff by about 6-8%.  I doubt Collins runs unless MTG sits it out.  Collins has a clear shot at primarying Kemp and will benefit from MTG’s base turning out for her.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2021, 12:49:32 PM »

SUBURBAN TITAN DAVID PERDUE will destroy(!) RADICAL LIBERAL RAPHAEL WARNOCK !!!1!
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2021, 01:07:30 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2021, 02:46:46 PM by QAnonKelly »

Did Loeffler really not realize what a terrible candidate she is?  She has to be a masochist of some sort to want to be embarrassed that badly over again.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2021, 01:32:09 PM »

To be fair he'd do much better in Cobb than MTG, albeit not by a lot.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2021, 01:54:46 PM »

MEME STOCKS UP
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2021, 02:01:41 PM »

(I realize no one is listening)

But in a strong R year, this race is Lean R right now depending upon how fast Georgia is trending blue

Perdue was the only one that would make this Lean R

Perdue has easily won.

Trump won narrowly which is miraculous for Dems. The state has been a lost cause for years and especially this cycle. No matter how much of a hard on they get for it - it’s not happening and the fact people still at this hour believe it to have a chance of going Dem just shows the bankruptcy of their political analysis
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2021, 02:02:31 PM »

(I realize no one is listening)

But in a strong R year, this race is Lean R right now depending upon how fast Georgia is trending blue

Perdue was the only one that would make this Lean R

Perdue has easily won.

Trump won narrowly which is miraculous for Dems. The state has been a lost cause for years and especially this cycle. No matter how much of a hard on they get for it - it’s not happening and the fact people still at this hour believe it to have a chance of going Dem just shows the bankruptcy of their political analysis

Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2021, 02:07:33 PM »

The thing I fear is that as Perdue is a relatively strong candidate, or at least a credible one, the GOP will be tempted to throw a lot of money in this race, only to lose it by a small margin in the end.
There is nothing wrong to throw a lot of money into a race unless its something ridiculous like the McGrift movement or a hypothetical defeat Schumer one. Republicans only really have 4 potential pickups and they should invest as much as possible into them. The only real issue is if voters get angry over outside money coming in and too many ads being ran like what happened in Maine.

NH ((if Sununu run), AZ and even NV are better targets than racially polarised GA. I mean, do you really believe that there will be many Biden/Ossoff/Warnock/Perdue voters ?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2021, 03:00:22 PM »

Warnock wins by as much as 2021 if this is the case.

If this is the case with Perdue, it will be the case with any other Republican as well. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, for this seat to flip nothing short of a Republican tsunami will be required, and I don’t buy that Warnock is more vulnerable than Hassan, Kelly, and/or Cortez Masto. I know this makes me a self-hating RINO, but the vast majority of those suburban Georgia 'moderates' are about as persuadable as Hillary Clinton/Justin Fairfax voters in McLean, VA.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2021, 03:15:16 PM »

Radical Liberal 2: Electric Boogaloo
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2021, 03:48:04 PM »

That letter was delusional.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2021, 04:10:13 PM »

Warnock wins by as much as 2021 if this is the case.

If this is the case with Perdue, it will be the case with any other Republican as well. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, for this seat to flip nothing short of a Republican tsunami will be required, and I don’t buy that Warnock is more vulnerable than Hassan, Kelly, and/or Cortez Masto. I know this makes me a self-hating RINO, but the vast majority of those suburban Georgia 'moderates' are about as persuadable as Hillary Clinton/Justin Fairfax voters in McLean, VA.

I don’t disagree

Also as to Perdue’s note, yeah he’s a joke
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2021, 04:18:36 PM »

It's so predictable that now the GOP is criticizing the runoff system now that it has started to help Democrats.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2021, 04:32:18 PM »

I wonder if he'll show up to debates this time.
Ritz
Rookie
United States

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2021, 04:39:59 PM »

Unpopular? opinion: Perdue is probably one of the stronger GOP candidates out there and his entrance probably precludes a total crazy like Jody Hice or Marjorie Taylor-Greene winning the nomination. On the other hand, as we saw in 2021, crazy turnout in Georgia might fall if the candidate isn't sufficiently crazy, and Democratic favored trends, as well as the inelastic nature of the state, should make a Warnock a favorite. However, while Perdue may get lower rural turnout, he will not be utterly annihilated in the suburbs (I could see Democrats breaking 61% in Cobb and like 66% in Gwinnett if MTG was the nominee ). TL;DR, Lean D is fair for this, and the GOP won't be throwing it away immediately.

I mean, Perdue was the worst-performing statewide Republican in 2014 and barely did any better than Loeffler despite being an elected incumbent. Literally, the only context I could see him as a 'stronger candidate' is relative to MTG.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2021, 04:59:23 PM »

Pretty remarkable for him to talk about the 'hallowed' floors a senate that has included Theodore G. Bilbo.

It's an extremely petty statement though; he can't even say I beat Senator Jon Ossoff- he refers to him as the 'democrat'.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2021, 05:39:06 PM »

Pretty remarkable for him to talk about the 'hallowed' floors a senate that has included Theodore G. Bilbo.

It's an extremely petty statement though; he can't even say I beat Senator Jon Ossoff- he refers to him as the 'democrat'.

IIRC he never actually called Ossoff when he won and his concession statement never mentioned his name either.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2021, 05:46:54 PM »

If Perdue was just entering the political scene in 2022, I could see his appeal, but after the GA runoffs, he's damaged goods. GA voters already rejected him, and Democrats already have a long list of attacks to use against him from the beginning. The GA runoffs proved that he has little suburban crossover, at least not anymore than your average R, and he can easily be painted as and out of touch rich traitor to Trump's base since he is literally the reason Democrats have a trifecta.

If 2022 is a good year for Republicans, partisanship alone might put him over the edge, but I really think he is far from the GOP's best option.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2021, 05:47:52 PM »

I made a post a while back talking about the NRCC in the 1980s challenging seats in San Francisco and NYC with millions of dollars while ignoring rural seats that could be won with $15,000. I said that they were fighting the last war, with yesterday's map. It still holds true today, people cannot fathom states shifting the way we can and thus cannot fathom that a state that was solidly Republican now is not a good path to victory anymore, so this quixotic spending results.
forsythvoter

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2021, 07:32:02 PM »

I think Perdue is a decent choice for the Rs. I'm open to voting for Perdue in 2022 depending on how the Ds do with their trifecta, and frankly, of all the R contenders for the seat (MTG, Collins, Perdue, Loeffler), I really am not open to voting for the other three for varying reasons.  However, Perdue will need to run a far better campaign than he did this cycle. If we are still hearing in 2022 about how Trump wasn't responsible for the riots, we shouldn't be shocked if the ATL suburbs trend even further D.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies