GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 04:49:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 147577 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2975 on: December 06, 2022, 09:24:08 PM »

SAY THE LINE DAVE!!!
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #2976 on: December 06, 2022, 09:24:25 PM »

Based mostly on DeKalb, this is a sugar high. Warnock can still win, but this narrative that Walker was DOA in a runoff scenario was always BS.

Snow, buddy, take a look at the rest of the votes are. Walker has already lost. Everything is a lot more than fine.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2977 on: December 06, 2022, 09:24:30 PM »

I'm not seeing any real indications that Warnock is likely to lose, and this is just one final data point in the argument that if your candidates really, really, really, really suck they're likely to lose regardless of the prevailing mood.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2978 on: December 06, 2022, 09:24:37 PM »

Everyone in the media and myself keep mixing up "Warnock" and "Walker." I swear it's not because they are black! It's because their names both begin with "Wa" and have two similarish-sounding syllables.

Stg, I keep freaking out when I see one of those tweets that show Warnock improving from November, only to realize it's talking about the candidate I want to win.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2979 on: December 06, 2022, 09:24:45 PM »

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2980 on: December 06, 2022, 09:24:49 PM »

Plains, GA: repeatedly closer than Maryland was in the first decade of the 20th century.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2981 on: December 06, 2022, 09:24:50 PM »

It honestly is incredible that Plains is consistently that close. I genuinely believe it would be a deep red town without Carter's influence. Half the town probably goes to his church and knows him personally.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #2982 on: December 06, 2022, 09:24:56 PM »

Why is this thread named Werewolves and Vampires?

Tonight is a battle between Werewolves (Republicans) and Vampires (Democrats), duh.
This is actually the reverse of how it used to be. Traditionally in the southern states, vampires were able to assimilate will within society and became super wealthy (their pale skin helped) However they like to live in urban and suburban areas because they need humans to feed on for bloodmeals. Vampires traditionally were Republican due to their wealth but as suburbs have trended D so have vampires. I think Hillary was the first to win the vampire vote in Georgia by a plurality since Carter.

Werewolves on the other hand are far more rural due to historic marginalization and are far less well off/working class. They traditionally have voted like other minorities although recently the werewolf community has begun to trend right rapidly. While still D on the net, Walker needs to cut those margins from 2020 honestly due to vampire bleeding.

At this point both groups vote more D than humans but that could change.

I reposted this in the Atlas Hilarity thread in Forum Community btw: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259314.msg8902917#msg8902917
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #2983 on: December 06, 2022, 09:25:10 PM »

I wonder if Warnock will hold onto Fayette.  Warnock +10 with 69% reporting.

███╗░░██╗██╗░█████╗░███████╗
████╗░██║██║██╔══██╗██╔════╝
██╔██╗██║██║██║░░╚═╝█████╗░░
██║╚████║██║██║░░██╗██╔══╝░░
██║░╚███║██║╚█████╔╝███████╗
╚═╝░░╚══╝╚═╝░╚════╝░╚══════╝
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2984 on: December 06, 2022, 09:25:34 PM »

Warnock can still win, but this narrative that Walker was DOA in a runoff scenario was always BS.

R turnout was very solid given that (a) it’s a runoff and (b) Senate control is already decided. While that is impressive, the real problem for Walker is that he barely persuaded any Warnock/Kemp voters to vote for him in the runoff.

There are states where Republicans running up the margins in rural/declining/stagnant/small-town areas is enough for them to win (MT/WV, for instance — I don’t think those 2024 Senate races got any less tough for Democrats than they were before Nov./Dec. 2022), but GA isn’t one of them.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2985 on: December 06, 2022, 09:25:51 PM »

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2986 on: December 06, 2022, 09:26:12 PM »

Tonight is a battle between Werewolves (Republicans) and Vampires (Democrats), duh.
This is actually the reverse of how it used to be. Traditionally in the southern states, vampires were able to assimilate will within society and became super wealthy (their pale skin helped) However they like to live in urban and suburban areas because they need humans to feed on for bloodmeals. Vampires traditionally were Republican due to their wealth but as suburbs have trended D so have vampires. I think Hillary was the first to win the vampire vote in Georgia by a plurality since Carter.

Werewolves on the other hand are far more rural due to historic marginalization and are far less well off/working class. They traditionally have voted like other minorities although recently the werewolf community has begun to trend right rapidly. While still D on the net, Walker needs to cut those margins from 2020 honestly due to vampire bleeding.

I reposted this in the Atlas Hilarity thread in Forum Community btw: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259314.msg8902917#msg8902917
Nice. It belongs there. Incredible post, really.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #2987 on: December 06, 2022, 09:27:30 PM »

Thank you!
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2988 on: December 06, 2022, 09:27:55 PM »

I wonder if Warnock will hold onto Fayette.  Warnock +10 with 69% reporting.

███╗░░██╗██╗░█████╗░███████╗
████╗░██║██║██╔══██╗██╔════╝
██╔██╗██║██║██║░░╚═╝█████╗░░
██║╚████║██║██║░░██╗██╔══╝░░
██║░╚███║██║╚█████╔╝███████╗
╚═╝░░╚══╝╚═╝░╚════╝░╚══════╝
It might be close, but I still have hope Warnock holds his lead in this county. Of course, I am ready to accept anything to the contrary...
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #2989 on: December 06, 2022, 09:28:19 PM »

Based mostly on DeKalb, this is a sugar high. Warnock can still win, but this narrative that Walker was DOA in a runoff scenario was always BS.
If either Fetterman or Shapiro win, I will leave this forum forever.

OR SHAPIRO

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2990 on: December 06, 2022, 09:28:31 PM »

Walker lost more votes from November than Warnock in a Blue county lol.

Essentially, this means Walker's turnout of former voters was much less than Warnock, cause a smaller percent change causes larger impacts on larger overall numbers.

Like I said, the suburbs where he ran behind Kemp are ground zero for the 'hold your nose' Republicans, in addition to the previously known dropoff and swing Republicans.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2991 on: December 06, 2022, 09:29:07 PM »

Thank you!
My pleasure! You've been kind to me, only fair for me to reciprocate.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #2992 on: December 06, 2022, 09:29:35 PM »

The biggest surprise of the election so far is the fact that even the crazy people on predictit have not panicked at all any time walker has taken the lead lol

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2993 on: December 06, 2022, 09:30:17 PM »

I think the illusions of Georgia possibly voting to the left of Michigan and Pennsylvania consistently any time soon, at least, are probably behind us now.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #2994 on: December 06, 2022, 09:30:32 PM »

Raphael Warnock*incumbent
Democrat   1,422,232   +50.29%50.29%   
Herschel Walker
Republican   1,406,107   +49.71%49.71   
Total reported
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2995 on: December 06, 2022, 09:30:36 PM »

The biggest surprise of the election so far is the fact that even the crazy people on predictit have not panicked at all any time walker his taken the lead lol

And it's cost me a lot of money!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2996 on: December 06, 2022, 09:31:23 PM »

"We don't smoke marijuana in Muscogee." Wait a second...
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #2997 on: December 06, 2022, 09:31:57 PM »

This will be Warnock +4 when everything comes in. There’s so much left from Gwinnett Cobb Fulton that overwhelmingly favor Warnock. I think we can say that MAGA is dead.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2998 on: December 06, 2022, 09:32:10 PM »

Warnock will almost surely win Georgia by more than Clinton 1992, which again was instacalled at poll close.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2999 on: December 06, 2022, 09:32:35 PM »

RIP Blue Fayette. Walker by 1% 50.5 to 49.5.

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies