What are some of the worst tv shows ever?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:04:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What are some of the worst tv shows ever?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What are some of the worst tv shows ever?  (Read 911 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2021, 04:27:15 AM »

Are you sure you’re 37 years old?
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2021, 04:44:30 AM »

Disclaimer: I really like Snooki (Nicole Polizzi); she and her daughter appear to be very talented actresses, singers and dancers.

Having said that, about 10 years ago one of my students insisted that I should watch "Jersey Shore". I literally could not stand to watch more than 10 minutes of it; I found it so vapid.

But again, I really like Snooki.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2021, 06:05:37 AM »

Heil Honey, I'm Home

I really want to know what crazy person thought making a sitcom about Hitler and Eva Braun being neighbors with a Jewish couple would actually work.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2021, 07:09:11 AM »

Never watch Seinfeld or Frasier and Flash, Supergirl and charmed reboot
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2021, 08:21:46 AM »

Heil Honey, I'm Home

I really want to know what crazy person thought making a sitcom about Hitler and Eva Braun being neighbors with a Jewish couple would actually work.
That show was cancelled almost immediately.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2021, 12:32:43 PM »

Two Broke Girls, perhaps the worst farce of a sitcom that was on air

Booooo!!!!   Hiss !!!
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2021, 12:57:29 PM »

Rick and Morty
Two and a Half Men
How I Met Your Mother
The Big Bang Theory (I can actually tolerate Young Sheldon, mainly for its attention to detail to 1980's styles.)
12 oz. Mouse (highly encourage the Zoomers to google this one; one of those low-budget Adult Swim shows, it was eleven minutes of infantile doodles and shapes awkwardly moving around in Adobe Flash - offensive even by low-budget animation standards. thankfully it was short-lived.)
Assy McGee (another ridiculous Adult Swim show burned into my memory.)
Pretty much every reality show except for Jackass, Impractical Jokers, Hell's Kitchen and, yes, The Apprentice
Mom
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2021, 02:10:47 PM »

Rick & Morty oscillates between 'unwatchable, grating garbage' and 'pretty enjoyable', with more of the former than latter. The cringy meta nonsense and the over-the-top and unfunny action sequences? Terrible. And that's just the show itself. Its fan base is godawful across the board. I don't want to say anyone with a Rick & Morty tattoo should be shot on sight
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2021, 08:30:18 PM »

Rick & Morty oscillates between 'unwatchable, grating garbage' and 'pretty enjoyable', with more of the former than latter. The cringy meta nonsense and the over-the-top and unfunny action sequences? Terrible. And that's just the show itself. Its fan base is godawful across the board. I don't want to say anyone with a Rick & Morty tattoo should be shot on sight

I love 'Rick and Morty,' but I will concede your points about the fanbase and it sometimes going up its own ass with being overly meta. The recent episode with the train and "fifth wall" was probably the worst episode of the entire show's run so far.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2021, 10:16:03 PM »

I don't think many 37 year olds like that mindless pile of sh!t.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2021, 10:59:10 PM »

It's sad to me how many shows I like are on this list.  I'm especially not sure about the hate for CBS sitcoms circa 2010 (HIMYM is one of my favorite comedies of all-time), and I'm also a sucker for a good competition show (the sort with a prize at the end).

I had no idea anyone actively hated Wipeout.  It seems like the kind of show that is super harmless and mindless fun.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2021, 02:00:29 AM »

Considering the endless choices and quality hour long shows you can see today, it's painful to remember the late 70s with the Love Boat, ChiPs, Dukes of Hazard, Charlie Angels and Buck Rogers, etc...sucking up all that time.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2021, 02:30:11 AM »

OC hates Seinfeld? Ugh.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2021, 10:36:20 AM »

Pinky, Elmyra & The Brain was a terrible spin-off for an otherwise great show.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2021, 10:56:11 AM »

Heil Honey I'm Home!

Heil Honey I'm Home! is a British sitcom, written by Geoff Atkinson and produced in 1990, which was cancelled after one episode. It centres on Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun, who live next door to a Jewish couple, Arny and Rosa Goldenstein.[3] The show spoofs elements of mid-20th century American sitcoms and is driven by Hitler's inability to get along with his neighbours. It caused controversy when broadcast and has been called "perhaps the world's most tasteless situation comedy"
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2021, 07:33:26 AM »

Two examples come to mind. (Sorry, this is going to be several paragraphs of Brit-posting).

The Jeremy Kyle Show.

It was a UK rip-off of the Jeremy Springer Show, built entirely off of goading working class brits to appear on tv, with the promise of notoriety and possibly resolution.

Kyle would scream at his guests, then run a DNA test or lie detector test to "solve" whatever conflict was at the centre of the segment.

The public lapped it up for almost 20 years, but it all came crashing down a few years ago. One guest was found by Kyle's lie detector to have cheated on his partner. Crushed, and protesting his innocence, he committed suicide.

The show was cancelled within weeks.

On the other hand, there's also Love Island.

A bog standard reality show with a bunch of young singles on a island, angsting about their love-lives, Love Island has become increasingly controversial.

Former presenter Caroline Flack quit the show after ending up in court over domestic abuse allegations. She would take her own life before the trial ended - around the same time that two contestants also ended their own lives.

It enrages me that a reality show can have a body count like this, and stay on air. Both the contestants and Flack seem to have been pushed to this point by the notoriety that came with the show. It took one death to end Jeremy Kyle's charade, but three death in, Love Island stays on the air because it's exceedingly lucrative trash.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2021, 08:12:50 PM »

Pinky, Elmyra & The Brain was a terrible spin-off for an otherwise great show.

That existed!? In theory it actually doesn't sound like a bad idea...for one crossover episode.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2021, 08:47:12 PM »

Heil Honey I'm Home!

Heil Honey I'm Home! is a British sitcom, written by Geoff Atkinson and produced in 1990, which was cancelled after one episode. It centres on Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun, who live next door to a Jewish couple, Arny and Rosa Goldenstein.[3] The show spoofs elements of mid-20th century American sitcoms and is driven by Hitler's inability to get along with his neighbours. It caused controversy when broadcast and has been called "perhaps the world's most tasteless situation comedy"

I've seen that pilot episode and it was actually pretty good.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies