Liberal NPC Elections HQ- February 2021-July 2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:28:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal NPC Elections HQ- February 2021-July 2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Liberal NPC Elections HQ- February 2021-July 2021  (Read 4445 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2021, 08:35:31 PM »

I'm in Albany in New York. Over the last year we have seen in different places around the world, people in nursing home facilities not receive adequate care and service. Some stories were simply revolting. I think there is already an inspection program, so we will move to have transparency to the public. We will require that the inspection report and rating for nursing homes be available on the government state website. The nursing home will also be required to display on location its inspection report. It's like what some jurisdictions do for restaurants. This way families will be aware of the evalyation of the facitiy and potential problems. This should put pressure on nursing homes to keep a good rating. people who need to live in care institutions should have good living conditions.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2021, 09:57:31 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2021, 10:35:09 PM by Poirot »

I'm in Springfield in Massachusetts. In the Spring people do Spring cleaning. We propose to do a little legislative Spring cleaning. Some state laws are still on the books but they are outdated. They have been left there collecting dust. We will go through laws and repeal what is not necessary. For example, in the state it is illegal to make or sell explosive golf balls, balls containing gas or fluis that make it explode. You still can be fined if you shout obscenities during a sports match. You can be fined if you publically sing or play only part of the national anthem. We will keep laws that are enforced and remove those outdated or too peculiar.

I will take this opportunity to remind voters regional and federal elections are coming up this weekend. The Liberal Party has candidates and I ask that you support them. For federal House Ishan is trying to get a second term. At the regional level we have AGA and CraneHusband who want to represent you in Lincoln Council. Please don't forget to vote for them and your local Liberal candidates in local elections. Thank you.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2021, 09:11:33 PM »

I'm in Frederiksted on Saint Croix Island of the Virgin Islands. This is the campaign banner you've seen on the island:

The red taint is for the Danish past. It's really Saint and not Sainte, it's not a mistake.

Big cruise ships can come here because of the deep water port. Those are mostly one day visitors. We want to develop longer term tourism. There are many northern Atlasian looking to spent the winter or parts of winter in tropical climate. We want to favor development of long term rentals on the islands. These tourists will not be one day visitor with a camera. They will be people spending weeks or months living here, interested in the way of life, history and nature of the place. These people will be more attached to the island and its citizens, interested in the community than the in and out tourists. To welcome more longer term visitors we will favor construction of apartment complex and housing, which will be good for local contractors. It will increase a little the island population. To attract more longer term tourists, choose us, the Liberal Party.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2021, 10:42:52 PM »

I'm in Christiansted in Saint Croix. It's been reported the water system is creating problems for students and teachers in the schools. Water pressure is not good enough for normal operations or water distribution to schools is interrupted. The water coming out is sometimes a rusty color. We want to fix this problem because teaching needs to be done in an adequate environment for learning. If you want work to be done on school infrastructure, choose us.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2021, 08:22:29 PM »

I'm in Maho Bay beach on Saint John in the Virgin Islands. A good portion of the island is a national park so it will be preserved and people will be able to enjoy nature. On some beaches it's possible to swin with sea turtles. I imagine it's a nice experience. On the Saint John Liberal campaign banner we have put a sea turtle:

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2021, 10:34:40 PM »

I'm in Cruz Bay on the island of Saint John in the Virgin Islands. I've just taken part (tried to) in a quadrille dance. It's a traditional dance of the Virgin islands. It is part of the cultural specifity of this state and should be taught, shown and shared. There are also traditional colorful costumes and music. Quelbe music is a local folk music style. We will support the promotion of traditional culture, for its survival and evolution. They are all things that make this state unique and interesting. For the promotion of local culture, choose us.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2021, 08:55:28 AM »

I'm in Moscow in Idaho. Idaho has beautiful mountains and rivers. Many are within public lands. I've come to Moscow to speak on the importance of this collective ownership. Citizens can benefit for recreation activities on the public lands, or it's a way to preserve the wilderness and beauty of nature. We will oppose moves to try to sell part of these lands to special private groups. We will work to maitain access for the public to public lands and make it a legacy for future generations.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2021, 04:46:10 PM »

I'm in Los Angeles to support the Liberal party candidate for Mayor. This is the Liberal for LA banner:

The candidate for Mayor has heard from citizens that homelessness is a top issue. A Liberal Mayor will work on this issue for the well being of the homeless and for the citizens. The candidate will make sure it is possible for everyone who wants a bed can have a bed. So there will be more beds space added. The creation of these spaces will leave less people on the streets.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2021, 06:12:20 PM »

I'm still in Los Angeles to support the Liberal in LA. Los Angeles is a prime example of urban sprawl. There are problems that comes with this like traffic and air pollution, destruction of nature. To combat urban sprawl we will favor densification. There should be more people living per square mile. It can be by building more floors on buildings, construct mutli housing building, have smaller homes. There will be a review of the urban plan. With more densification it gets more easy to have public transit system. With densification will also be trying to get a mix of residents. We will fight ghettos. So there should be a mix of income and race in neighborhoods.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2021, 08:30:08 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2021, 09:44:30 PM by Poirot »

Social media was full of commentary, noticing there was no official song for Los Angeles. It shows people pay attention to our campaign. I forgot to talk about the campaign song. For LA it is the opening song from La La Land. It is in a scene showing traffic problem probably caused by urban sprawl in Los Angeles land.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVVqlm8Fq3Y

(added: there is also a link to the banner with two vertical LA LA)

If you want things to get better, if you desire change, vote for the Liberal candidate for Mayor. Thank you! Gracias!
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2021, 09:03:15 PM »

Poster placed in public spaces in Saratoga County, NY, and the surrounding area.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2021, 10:44:40 PM »

I'm in Salem in Massachusetts. I thought the witch hunts times were a thing of the past but they still exist today. There are citizens who are victims of ostracism. In my Atlasia everyone is welcomed and be a part of society. But for some reason, a political belief, something said even outside Atlasia, personal conflict, someone can become persona non grata to an influential group of people. They won't let you participate in Atlasia, they make a mountain out of a molehill, and even be happy if you leave. It pains me when this happens because I think everyone has a role to play in Atlasia, and we need more active citizens. The Liberal Party of Massachusetts welcomes everyone and wants everyone who wants to contribute to our society a chance to do so. We are all in this together and need to take care of each other, not seek to exclude people. Vote Liberal for a more inclusive state and with more compassion. People here in Salem know ostracism is wrong.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2021, 11:13:07 AM »

I'm in Greenfield in Massachusetts. To fight climate change we must move away from the use of fossil fuels. A major source of emissions comes from transportation. We will enact a policy to move to electric school buses. Every year school buses need to be replace when they get older and less safe. We will mandate new school buses must be electric powered. The fleet of school buses will thus become more and more electric with each year passing. Our goal is to have 40% of school buses be electric in the next five years. Since electric school buses can be more expensive to buy we will offer a subsidy to buyers to compensate part of the higher buying cost.

That is another example of how we will make the state more green. I will remind you our plan to make the use of bus transit free, to help public transit. Our campaign banner is green so it shows our dedication for the environment. I hope the people of Greenfield and the state of Massachusetts vote for the Liberal Party.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2021, 01:40:04 PM »

I'm in Lawrence in Massachusetts. A Liberal government will make the state fiscally competitive with other surrounding states. We can't have much higher taxes than other jurisdictions. To attract and retain people and businesses the state has to offer a welcoming environment to operate. people and corporations are mobile and can decide to move in state with no income tax if they have had enough. That is especially true in towns near state bordres like here in Lawrence which is close to New Hampshire. Another factor that make it easier is now more people work from home and have discovered they could be living anywhere they want.

We will have a responsible budget plan. We can't spend like there is no tomorrow and say we will just tax the rich more. People of Massachusetts are educated and informed and don't fall for a populist reasoning. When you increase taxes there comes a point where you get diminishing returns. Taxpayers can decide to leave or organizers their things to avoid paying the big tax rate with the help of crafty accountants.

The Liberal Party is a friend of the taxpayer. We have proposed in the past letting them put an amount of their savings in an account and don't pay taxes on the income earned to help saving and investment of ordinary people. We know people work hard to earn their money and want to benefit from it. A vote for our party is a vote for sound fiscal management.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2021, 03:54:26 PM »

Speech in Bryant Park, New York, NY

Hello, New York! I know this great city has been hit hard by the pandemic. But time and time again, whenever New York is down, it always gets back up. If elected, the Liberal Party will ensure that this city bounces back quickly and forcefully. The city just isn't the same as it used to be. Offices are empty. Streets are quieter. Small businesses are closed. While New York has come a long way, it still hasn't fully recovered. The Liberal Party knows that the city needs its workers back to revitalize the economy. Businesses ought to be encouraged to get their employees back in the office. This would help all of our cafes and restaurants that have been ravaged by the pandemic get more customers. The Liberal Party also believes in affordable housing for everyone. High housing costs have been holding back the city's true economic potential. If you send our fine Liberal candidates up to Albany, we will push the city to liberalize its zoning laws to encourage the construction of affordable multifamily housing. The city is only at its best when it welcomes everyone. Thank you and remember to vote!
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2021, 04:10:54 PM »

Outdoor speech in Glen Cove, NY

Thanks everyone for coming out on this beautiful Spring day. It's very important that we're out here and engaging with one another because that is what democracy is about. Talking to other people. Understanding one another. Challenging ideas. Today, I'm here to talk about the upcoming elections. I urge everyone to vote for the Liberal Party. The Liberal Party has a track record of working across the aisle to find solutions. We are a small party. We're not here for partisan squabbles, just results. Our very fine Liberal candidates will govern with a steady, but compassionate hand. They reject extremism on both sides and instead promote competent, sensible leadership. You can recognize our campaign efforts in this state by our wonderful banner you can see here:

Thank you and remember to vote!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2021, 04:20:10 PM »

In Somerville in Massachusetts. The Boston region is known as a technology hub. We will work to make the region maintain its place as a place for innovation, science and technology. This will require recruiting bright minds. There are many excellent academic institutions in the area. To get more young students interested in this sector we will introduce more science and technology projects in school and classes available in the curriculum. To keep the sector thriving in the long term we will maintain a competitive fiscal environment for businesses and people. We will work with other levels of government to make it easy for top foreign minds to come work in the state and reduce the red tape and bureaucracy for the workers. We also plan to provide affordable office space to start ups because it can be expensive and a fixed cost for a new venture that probably doesn't make money in the first year. The Boston area is a leader in innovation and technology and we want to provide the environment that will maintain this advantage. It is key to the economic future. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2021, 06:56:55 PM »

I'm in Framingham in Massachusetts. I don't know if this is a correct translation but there is a saying Travels form youth. I remember when I was a child there was an exchange with young hockey players in my town with a town near Boston. They stayed for a few days or a week at the home of the child they were paired with. This is a good idea, you get to know another country, another place, another culture, learn to be away from your parents. We will favor this type of exchange. The state will get a list of schools, sports team and organizations that desire to have an international exchange and helped them pair up with the same kind of organizations out of state. We will also prepare a guide explaining what has to be prepared and the procedures to have a safe and successful trip. The guide will also cover fundraising to help pay for the trip. The state will give a small amount of money to kickstart the effort. This kind of travel will be a learning experience for the participating youth. We care about our children.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2021, 07:23:12 PM »

TV ad running in New York State

Home team Ad

Voice: People of New York like to root for the home team

(we see an image of a baseball stadium filled people cheering. There is a small print saying images were filmed before covif restrictions)

Voice
The Liberal party is New York home team.  It has a full slate of local candidates, Governor and Cranehusband and AGA running for council.

(we see images of some local candidates, Governor, Cranehusband and AGA with a baseball cap featuring the Liberal Home logo when their name are mentioned)

Voice: Now you can join the home team. Just don't root at home, go vote this weekend.

(image a ball crossing the fence for a home run and the crowd going wild)

Ends with the showing of the Home banner of the party:

AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2021, 07:36:37 PM »

Outdoor speech in Pittsfield, MA

Hello, Pittsfield! Thanks everyone for coming out today. I would like to talk about the tremendous work I have done in the Council. We just passed a new constitution that does away with the convoluted Philly plan and replaces it with a presidential system. I believe that this new system of government will serve the interests of the people better. We spent many days negotiating, and in the end, it passed with cross-party support. Now it looks like the new Constitution is a slam dunk in the ongoing referendum, and my chances for reelection look strong as well.

But enough about the Council. I'm here to talk about our wonderful slate of Liberal candidates running for office in Massachusetts.  A Liberal government will govern responsibly. It will end the punitively high taxation that has placed a burden on the local economy. At the same time, it will keep the budget balanced without sacrificing Massachusetts most valuable state programs, such as its public schools. A Liberal government will mean working across the aisle to make sure everyone's voice is heard. The Liberal party is not here for partisan squabbles, but for results. Thank you and remember to vote!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2021, 09:27:47 PM »

I'm in Holyoke (not to be mistaken with UK tv soap Hollyoaks) in Massachusetts. The Soldiers' Home here is a veterans center and is a nursing facility with beds for veterans. The Department of Veterans Affairs has evaluated thatrooms are not compliant to standards. There is already a design to make rooms compliant and add private rooms. It is time to fix the deficiencies and provide quality of equipemnt  and care our veterans deserve. More space is needed, rooms with private toilet and showers so there is a lower risk of transmission of diseases. The share of the cost of a new Soldiers' Home is a third of the total since the federal Veterans Affairs is ready to pay two thirds. As soon as a Liberal government is elected we will approve the state share for the cost and the new construction will be able to go ahead. Our state veterans will get a fully compliant installation and quality care. Treating them well is the least we can do. They have served their country and preserve our nation's freedom.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2021, 09:59:31 PM »

I'm in Brockton in Massachusetts. The security of seniors is very important for us. We must do everything we can do avoid tragedies in seniors housing facilities. We will make it mandatory for such facilities to install emergency lighting system in every room in case of fire or power outage. The lighting will have to last at least two hours. Inspections will be made at least once a year by local authorities or fire department and if rooms are not compliant there will be fines.

Vote for the Liberal candidates on the ballot. They want to work for all citizens of Massachusetts. Some other parties are stuck in partisanship, treat others as enemies and are power hungry. The Liberal candidates don't care if you are Independent, Federalist, Labor, Liberal, Democratic Alliance or another party. They will work for the public good.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2021, 10:16:19 PM »

The Liberal candidate for Mayor in Los Angeles has announced plans to make the city more green. The city will be planting trees in public spaces. Trees giving fruits will be a priority. It will be legal to collect fruits from the trees to eat. We ask to let people in need pick up the fruits. It becomes a little food service while making the city more green. Individuals will also encourage to plant trees on private property. The city will provide a list of trees adapted to living in our city to pick the right tree.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2021, 10:46:49 PM »

I'm in Des Moines Iowa. It is sad when we see our young educated bright minds move to another state. The state invest in the education of its young to see them build a life elsewhere. We need to stop the brain drain and reverse it. For people educated in Iowa who have left, if they return we will give them 500$ to help offset moving costs. To retain our young university graduates we will offer them a reduced interest rate on a mortgage for first house. If they settle here with a home they might be less prone to move to another state. We need to keep our young educated people. They will contribute to the advancement and well being of the state.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2021, 05:51:54 PM »

Speech in Barre, Vermont

Hello, Barre! I'd like to talk about the goals of the Liberal Party in this state and why you should vote for the Liberals.

The Liberal Party will fight for Vermont small businesses, so that they can prosper and create jobs, so that communities will grow and prosper. The Liberal Party will fight for fiscal responsibility, and the Liberal Party will try to work with members of other parties, Federalist or Laborites or DAers. Our candidate for Governor, Dr. and State Representative John Richardson, will follow the scientific consensus, and unlike Governor Campbell, we won't call reasonable laws that protect us "despotic", and we urge Liberals and Vermonters to not pref Governor Campbell so we can reject her leadership. We are the pragmatic party which will fight for Vermont and I'd like to hand the mic over to the next Governor of Vermont, John Richardson!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies