Liberal NPC Elections HQ- February 2021-July 2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:39:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal NPC Elections HQ- February 2021-July 2021
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Liberal NPC Elections HQ- February 2021-July 2021  (Read 4420 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2021, 10:12:07 PM »

so that I can do this early.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 11:33:34 PM »

Speech in Berlin, New Hampshire with Liberal Gubernatorial Candidate Evelyn Roberts

Hello, everyone!

I have come here to talk about why should you, vote liberal and vote for Minority Leader of the New Hampshire House of Representatives, Evelyn Roberts. If you vote for Minority Leader Roberts and Liberal down-ballot, you will get people that will fight for you, fighting to lower your taxes, fighting for your liberty, and fighting for most importantly, you. I hope that you vote for Evelyn Roberts for Governor of New Hampshire and I'd like to hand the mic to her.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 12:01:58 AM »

Lincoln Speech about the Value Added Tax

Hello, everyone!

So, I am going to talk about the Value Added Tax and state the truth about it. You might have heard about the the Value Added Tax is regressive, but how come 162 countries, including our northern neighbor Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, and Switzerland, have a Value Added Tax, and they are progressive countries. But the countries that oppose are VAT are countries such as Syria, Saudi Arabia, Libya, and Somalia, all countries considered "regressive" and while Labor claims that the VAT is a regressive tax, look at the countries that adopt a VAT, and look at the countries that oppose the VAT.
You got to conclude that Labor are the real regressives on the Value Added Tax and I call on everyone to vote against Labor in your local elections.

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 12:11:51 AM »

'Regressive' in the context of taxation has a specific meaning, in that it takes a greater share of income from poorer people than from rich people ('progressive' taxation is taxation that does the reverse, and doesn't mean left-wing taxation but it does seem correlated with left wing views). Applying the same rate to everyone will inevitably be regressive. It isn't necessarily an ideological thing. It also doesn't end the argument, I haven't looked into this issue in the Atlasian context. Given my belief in fairness, I prefer progressive taxation but it's unwise to always oppose regressive taxes.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 12:14:39 AM »

Lincoln Ad: Real Regressives

Ishan: You might have heard Laborites call a Value Added Tax Regressive

KaiserDave in Columbus: "talk about a regressive tax"
Ishan: Well it simply isn't.

Ishan: 162 countries, including our northern neighbor, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Switzerland, have a Value Added Tax, and they are progressive countries by most people.

Ishan: But yet, Labor calls a Value Added Tax, a tax supported by most countries, including progressive countries.

Ishan: You might be wondering, what are the countries that oppose a Value Added Tax.

Ishan: Countries such as Saudi Arabia, Syria, Libya, and Somalia, countries that are considered regressive.

Ishan: So think about which countries support a Value Added Tax, (countries that support a Value Added Tax are flashed in blue on a screen), and countries that are opposed to a Value Added Tax, (countries are flashed in maroon on a screen), you will see who is regressive.

Ishan: You got to conclude that Labor is the real regressives on the Value Added Tax and I call on everyone to vote against Labor in your local elections.

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 12:14:50 AM »

Me: Attempts to refrain from partisan attacks in first NPC speech

Me after reading this:
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 12:15:56 AM »

Me after reading this:
Well, there was a attack ad here so I had to conteract that attack ad.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2021, 12:57:00 AM »

Lincoln Ad: For the VAT or Against:

Narrator: Lincoln Labor claims that it is all against the Value Added Tax...

Lincoln Chancellor S019 is on the Floor:

Reintroducing this amendment:

Lincoln Value Added Tax Act
2. The Government of Lincoln shall establish a Value Added Tax of 5% 15% for all goods except for, all materials related to education, clothing, and food.
Narrator: But yet, the Speaker and the defacto head of Lincoln Labor claims that the party is against the Value Added Tax.
Lincoln Labor is:
-Fighting Against the Value Added Tax

Narrator: Lincoln Labor is fighting against a Value Added Tax, but how come their Chancellor supports a Value Added Tax.
Narrator: Vote Against Labor in your local elections because quite simply, they hold both sides, but claim to support only one.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2021, 12:57:26 AM »

Me after reading this:
Well, there was a attack ad here so I had to conteract that attack ad.
And I reserve the right to do the same. If you want to end a war of words, don't open up another front.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 01:03:39 AM »

I will just quickly note my regional party is Tricolor, not Lincoln Labor. Also Labor is not a homogenous party, in that everyone believes the exact same thing, it's diverse, heterogenous and people have different views.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2021, 01:06:37 AM »

I will just quickly note my regional party is Tricolor, not Lincoln Labor. Also Labor is not a homogenous party, in that everyone believes the exact same thing, it's diverse, heterogenous and people have different views.
By regional party, I mean Lincoln's branch of Labor that KaiserDave was pushing, and KaiserDave said here that Lincoln's branch of Labor is against a VAT and I remember him attacking the DA for not being homogenous on the VAT.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 01:07:44 AM »

By regional party, I mean Lincoln's branch of Labor that KaiserDave was pushing, and KaiserDave said here that Lincoln's branch of Labor is against a VAT and I remember him attacking the DA for not being homogenous on the VAT.

Again what KaiserDave is pushing is a regional party, and I am a Tricolor member
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 01:10:07 AM »

Again what KaiserDave is pushing is a regional party, and I am a Tricolor member
Well, he isn't part of Lincoln Labor, and the official regional party page is here so I must presume that KaiserDave is commenting on Lincoln's branch of Labor.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2021, 01:10:38 AM »

The Labor Party is a big-tent center-left party with a wide range of viewpoints and opinions. Frankly, it's not hard to understand.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2021, 01:12:34 AM »

Well, he isn't part of Lincoln Labor, and the official regional party page is here so I must presume that KaiserDave is commenting on Lincoln's branch of Labor.

For all intents and purposes it is a regional party

The Labor Party is a big-tent center-left party with a wide range of viewpoints and opinions. Frankly, it's not hard to understand.

Also this, there are people with lots of different views in Labor and you can't just treat them as one homogenous blob which is what you (Ishan) so desperately want to do.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2021, 01:16:08 AM »

It is so easy to understand that it attacks other parties as a whole for "supporting" or opposing it.
An example of Labor understanding "big tent parties"
specifically the DA's and Ishan's Value Added Tax.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2021, 01:18:50 AM »

It is so easy to understand that it attacks other parties as a whole for "supporting" or opposing it.

It's frankly a fair attack given the slander towards the Labor Party on your end, specifically your implication that Labor is a monolith. The ideological divides in the Labor Party are far more clear than in the Liberals, which have only two active members last I checked. As I don't wish to involve the DA in this spat I won't comment on them for now.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2021, 01:24:09 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2021, 01:31:49 AM by Ishan »

Liberals, which have only two active members last I checked.
Ignoring the fact that the Comptroller General is a Liberal and part of the Game Moderation team so unless you are excluding me, or excluding CraneHusband or Congressman Poirot, you are wrong.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2021, 12:37:37 PM »

Liberals, which have only two active members last I checked.
Ignoring the fact that the Comptroller General is a Liberal and part of the Game Moderation team so unless you are excluding me, or excluding CraneHusband or Congressman Poirot, you are wrong.
Oh my goodness, you have THREE active members? Oh my god, this completely invalidates my argument, sorry, point withdrawn, etc. etc. etc.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 10:55:10 AM »

Why should you vote Liberal? National TV Ad

Narrator: Why should you vote Liberal?

Narrator: Well, if you vote Liberal, you will get savings accounts

Narrator: and lower taxes

Narrator: and more democracy, as under a Liberal government, there will be citizen referendums

Narrator: If you vote liberal, you will get savings accounts, lower taxes, and more democracy!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2021, 03:37:43 PM »

Ad/Pamphlet will be played/distributed nationally
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2021, 03:54:18 PM »

Pamphlet to be distributed in New York City
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2021, 11:31:18 AM »

I'm in Nashua in New Hampshire.

Hello Nashua and New Hampshire. The motto of the state is Live free or die. This state takes freedom seriously. If you vote for your local Liberal candidate you will have more freedom to decide. That means there will be more direct democracy, there will be more citizen referendums. People will make their voice heard more easily and don't have to trust the political elite blindly.

Citizens of the state will be able to benefit more freely from their savings because the Liberal party proposes tax free savings account. Citizens will have the right to put a small amount of savings into an account and income from that saving will not be taxed. This will encourage more people to save and invest. Savings come from after tax income so letting citizens keep benefit of income generated by that savings seems fair.

To go with the Live free or die motto, the campaign songs is Live and let die from Bond film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07Z_qfchFk

And here is the state campaign banner:

Vote for the Liberal Party. Our candidates are a great catch. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. The Liberal party is old but is also new since it was restarted after being somewhat inactive for a time. We have something blue, our banner and party color. Something borrowed that is what the negative people of other parties who just like to ruin other players experience would say. Come to the altar, I mean voting booth to commit to our Governmor and legislator candidates.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2021, 11:39:33 AM »

I'd like to welcome my old friend Poirot to the great state of New Hampshire and offer my humble endorsement to the fantastic slate of Liberal candidates in the upcoming election. The Liberal name has, over the course of its various iterations and evolutions, a long, prestigious and - yes, controversial, history, but the fundamental principles of Liberalism - individual freedom, opportunity, and democracy, remain as important as ever to the future of Atlasia.

I'm not affiliated with any political party. I've been a member of many, and voted for more over the course of my time in Atlasia. There are fine candidates across the political spectrum, but, in our new era of hyper-polarised politics, I urge all New Hampshire citizens to lend their support to a different choice. It's time to vote Liberal.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2021, 04:38:13 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU8oNu3pdS0

Thank you for your welcome, Norfolk Virginia. The music you just heard is You can't hurry love by the Supremes. It's the official campaign song for the state. In the last local election in July our party did not elect a legislator in Virginia. It was not love at first sight it seems. We are not giving up. Love takes time to grow. Our new team of candidates has been courting voters. Let's hope the love grows and this time there are some Liberals in the state legislature.

We have a campaign state banner. It uses the tourism slogan Virginia is for lovers but it's adapted for our party, Virginia Liberal is for lovers. The banner incorporates some symbols associated with love. The Liberal candidates love Virginia and hopefully voters love back.

Speaking of lovers, if love develops it can lead to marriage. Awww, isn't it romantic. To give some honeymoon time to every newlyweds, people who marry will get the right to three days of time off. Time to celebrate and have a honeymoon for a big step in life!

I'm told Norfolk has a flooding problem. For example roads going to the naval base face a chronic problem of flooding. During high tides water cover many roads. Engineers say the trend is sea water rising and land subsiding. A double whammy. To address the issue we will build sea walls and storm surge barriers in Norfold and all the bay area where needed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies