Liberal NPC Elections HQ- February 2021-July 2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:35:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal NPC Elections HQ- February 2021-July 2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: Liberal NPC Elections HQ- February 2021-July 2021  (Read 4435 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2021, 10:50:02 PM »

I'm in Juneau in Alaska. It's a bit windy tonight. It must be the wind of change. The outgoing administration is not popular. Only 39% are satisfied. That leaves over half of the people who are not satisfied. It's clear people want change. The choice for change is clear: it's the Liberal Party. It's not by electing the same party again you will get real change. We have proposed to the population interesting policies. We have broad support, from Independent, former Green supporters and people from other parties. You may have seen some even campaign for the Liberal Party. They believe in us and want change. So I ask every votersto think of what they want for the future: more of the same or change with a Liberal government. I think a Liberal government represents hope and good government. Please don't forget to go vote. Now is the time to get your voice heard. Thank you and goodnight.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2021, 10:56:19 PM »

The Liberal party ask voters in Oklahoma to vote Liberal first but if they don't vote for the Federalist party. I don't think democracy is well served with fusion ticket. It's like trying to fix elections instead of competing to win your votes with ideas and activity.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2021, 10:57:51 PM »

Speech in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Hello, Tulsa!

I've felt a connection with this city, my parents lived here before I was born, and I understand the issues of Oklahoma from my parents. The issue of education is important to Oklahomans, and I and the Liberal nominee for Governor of Oklahoma, Thelma Smith, understand why. Thelma is a teacher by profession, and she understands Oklahoma. She grew up in a family of ranchers when she was born, and when her parents were divorced, she moved with her mom to Tulsa, where she became a teacher. Under Governor Smith, there won't be 4 days a week of school for kids, and teachers won't have to be forced to work at Walmart or stores or whatever, and they can focus on educating our future. I hope that you vote for Thelma Smith for Governor for Oklahoma so that our education system won't be torn apart and that our future won't be left behind. I also hope that you vote Liberal downballot as well. I'd like to hand the mic over to Thelma, and thank you for coming to this event, and my hope is that there will be a Liberal Oklahoma, and that this state will be the greatest upset in a long time.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2021, 10:41:44 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2021, 10:53:49 PM by Deputy Speaker Ishan »

Speech in Kokomo, Indiana and televised across Indiana

Good evening, Indiana!

It's nice to see all of you here, the people who came to this venue in Kokomo, and to the people watching this from home as well. This state will be one of the closest elections in this month's local elections and I hope with this speech, you vote for the Liberal alternative to the Democratic Alliance and Labor coalition that wants to re-elect the unpopular Governor Donnelly.

The Liberal Party is all in for Indiana, and we will work with others to get things done, and under a Byrne-Reed administration, working with others to get things done for Indiana is the number one priority for the Byrne-Reed administration.

Well, you might wonder what will you get done if you vote for Edward Byrne and Amy Reed, because many of you are fed up with people promising things and saying platitudes, only to be left in the dust with nothing, with the same politicians promising the same platitudes the next election cycle, and the cycle after that, over and over again.

In the city of Kokomo, where I am currently speaking today, there is a huge automobile manufacturing presence in this city, we will help subsidize businesses, especially established companies to move to Indiana. Indiana will be a place where businesses come if you elect Governor Byrne.

The Liberal Party has had a tremendous record helping small business across Lincoln, and in Indiana with the Lincoln Small Business Administration, and we will establish the Indiana Small Business Administration if we are elected, to help ordinary and hardworking Hoosier small business owners, and we will help ordinary Hoosiers establish small businesses.

We also will help increase literacy and have a War on Illiteracy by having state programs to make sure that every Hoosier can read or write, and we won't stop until that goal is achieved. We will also work with non-profits whose goal is to do that, so that we will eliminate illiteracy.

We will re-open schools in Indiana, like the Liberal Chancellor has done regionally, because kids do better when we re-open schools and we believe that every child has the right to learn effectively, and that children do better if we re-open schools.

We will have savings accounts for every Hoosier, so that in the case of an emergency, that will help ordinary Hoosiers, so that they don't go into debt and other serious financial problems, which would impact many people's lives and the fact that only 41% of Atlasians would be able to cover an 1000 dollar emergency is concerning, and I believe that voting Liberal will reduce that in Indiana.

The Indiana Liberal Party is a big tent party, and we respect that, because we want to get things done. We have former Greens, who are on the political left to social conservatives, who have a different view on abortion, and libertarians, who want to maximize autonomy and personal freedom. Some people in the Liberal big tent that you might know is Former Comptroller General Crane Husband, who is a former Green, and Former Councilor Zinneke, who is also a former Green, to Former IDS Emperor JBrase, who is a Libertarian and Democratic-Republican founder to Former Senator and Governor of Lincoln, Mike Wells, who was a Laborite. The wide variety of the Liberal Party shows the huge big tent coalition of the Liberal Party, and the coalition will show in governance in Indiana, with the Liberal Party working with others to get things done, and regardless of if you are a Laborite, DAer, Fed, the Liberal Party will work with you to get things done.

I urge you to vote Liberal for Indiana, because we are all IN for Indiana, and we will fight for Indiana. We will work with other parties to bring home the bacon and we have a plan for everything in Indiana, and if you want more go to www.liberalindiana/plans.com, and those are the Liberal plans for Indiana.

I urge you to vote for Edward Byrne for Governor and Amy Reed for Lieutenant Governor, Judge Michael Prescott for Attorney General, Mayor George Smith for Secretary of State, Indianapolis City Councilor Kelly Atkins for Auditor, and Dr. Nicole Wallace for Superintendent of Public Instruction, and to vote Liberal for the Indiana State House and Senate, as there are no carpetbaggers in it, and all of the Liberal list this election are community activists and people like you who take the huge step to run for the Liberal Party for their local community, and that the Liberal Party is all IN for the great people of Indiana!

Thank you for watching this speech and I'd like to hand the mic over to the next Governor of Indiana, Edward Byrne, and I hope that you vote Liberal, and that the Liberal Party will be the election surprise this election, defeating the Democratic Alliance-Labor alliance in support of Governor Donnelly and the Federalists!

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2021, 09:40:23 PM »

There is a new cycle of local elections starting in April. I'm in Coeur d'Alene in Idaho.

There are many retired law officers in the area so I'm going to talk about prisons. Idaho prisons are full. Many inmates are kept in county jails because there is no room in state prisons. There are hundreds of state inmates kept in prison in other states. Clearly the state needs more capacity to host all the prisoners. But we also need to see if all these people must be kept captive for so long. We will work to increase the parole system and the reintegration services. At some point prisoners who are not considered dangerous could moce to parole and begin rejoining society. There should also be sentencing reform to evaluate if the length of sentences is appropriate by type of crimes. Sometimes very long prison time is not the best solution to rehabilitate people. What is important is keep the comunity safe.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2021, 09:03:30 PM »

I'm in Blackfoot in Idaho, at the Idaho potato museum. This state is first in potato production in the country. Potato is associated with Idaho. The per capita consumption of fresh potatoes in the country is lower than it was 20 years ago. A decline in consumption is not a good sign for the future of the industry. I don't know the reason. Perhaps people have changed eating habits and don't serve meat and potatoes as much. We will increase funding to the Idaho potato commission, which is the marketing board. It will be able to increase advertising campaign to promote Idaho potato eating. It is independent so it will make the best choice but for a campaign slogan I like: This spud's for you. When they find out why per capita consumption has declined it will tackle the issue. It could be fighting the belief that potato makes you fat. And the potato commission will have the mandate to find ways to make people incorporate more potatoes in their diets, could be in combination with another food or under different forms or cooking. We will get more people on the potato train! This is the state banner for the Liberal Idaho campaign:

The campaign song is Mmmm potatoes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fadkwtasr_s
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2021, 10:04:23 PM »

I'm in Dyersville in Iowa.

The official song for the Iowa campaign is music from the Field of Dreams movie, The place where dreams come true.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkVscx2KAjY

I'm here at the location of set for Field of Dreams. Iowa, I invite you to vote for the candidates of the Liberal party and dream of what will happen. Iowa is the place where dreams come true. A Liberal government will realize your dreams. It will listen to the population. A young person coming from a family with no college degrees can dream of attending college. A citizen can dream of swimming in a river because the water is clean. A single mother can dream of getting a job because there is affordable childcare. A senior can dream of being taken care by a doctor near home. A farmer can dream of making a decent living with a farm. Iowa, to make your dreams come true vote Liberal. There are many teams on the political field but only one can realize your dreams, the Liberal team!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2021, 04:52:48 PM »

In Cedar Rapids in Iowa.
Music: Field of dreams - The place where dreams come true
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkVscx2KAjY

Thank you for watching the presentation of the campaign logo. It has the colors of the state flag. Here it is:

Iowa has many field of dreams. It is the place where dreams come true. One of this dream for some children is becoming a baseball player. By voting Liberal you make your dreams come true. So we will invest money to renovate local baseball fields and stadiums to make it pleasant to play and watch baseball, softball. Depending on the places and level it can be have lighting for the evening, nice stands for parents, new scoreboard, chning rooms and training rooms. Young players will be able to develop and even if they don't reach the major league they will have acquire skills of training, discipline, team work and also for some stay out of trouble.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2021, 09:07:07 PM »

I am in Sedan in Kansas, where there is a yellow brick road, or more a sidewalk. I guess we really are in Kansas!

The official campaign song is Somewhere over the rainbow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true

Skies are blue, because the color associated with the Liberal Party is blue. Dreams really do come true, it happens when you vote for blue skies and the candidates of the Liberal Party.

The state campaign banner has references to the Wizard of Oz:

The slogan is We are still in Kansas because we are here and don't plan on moving. It's the opposite of Toto we are not in Kansas anymore. Toto is there in the upper right. On the bottom left there is the tornado and on the right the witch.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2021, 10:37:43 PM »

I'm in Wichita and we are still in Kansas. I've checked the weather and there is no tornado alert.

In Kansas there is a never ending threat: the imperialism of Fremont. It is symbolized on the banner by the wicked witch from the west. Be asssured that we will protect the state from invasion of annexation.

The party has a majority of women running as candidates. That's why we have a lot of endorsements from Emily's list. We also have many endorsements from the Friends of Dorothy and the Pet menagerie. Our friend Toto is key to the Pet Menagerie endorsements. We take a stand in defense of animal rights, against animal cruelty, will better fund animal shelters, encourage animal adoption and have better control of conditions for breeding.

We are Liberals and We are still in Kansas!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2021, 05:12:24 PM »

I'm in Minot in North Dakota. Our volunteers have been working on the ground since the start of the campaign and I thank them all for helping. They collect information, data and feedback from people and they bring that back to the state headquarters. They have been busy bees.

North Dakota is the top honey producing state in the country. Honey bee production has dropped dramatically over the last decades. Fields that were pasture were turned into crops, the forage necessary to make honey has decreased. Also it was impacted by climate change and the use of pesticide. To help the industry we will give money for honey promotion and we will award grants to research centers that want to work on honey bees health issues. We will work on solutions to get the industry be better.

The official campaign song is Honey Bee by Blake Shelton:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwJ9RJgsmOQ

And this is the official state campaign banner:

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2021, 02:38:03 PM »

I'm in Williamstown in Massachusetts. I'm here to announce a promise of funding for the Clark Art Institute. With this help this fine institution can proceed to acquiring pieces of art and extend its research program for academics and education to the general public.

The campaign song for the state is Massachusetts by Arlo Guthrie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNc0VCfKuck
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2021, 08:44:28 PM »

I'm in Boston in Massachusetts. Our businesses need to compete to retain and attract top qualified employees becausefor professions in demand people can go to work to other states or even countries. It is also an asset if businesses can help deal with managing work and family life. One element to solve this for parents is to have daycare close by. That's why we will give a tax credit to businesses to set up on-site child care. Another element to make life easier for the workforce is find solutions to ease the road congestion during rush hours. We will give priority to public transportation in the state's investment plan,

This is the campaign banner with a picture to represent Irish roots of many and one for support for the arts following today's earlier promise.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2021, 09:20:07 PM »

I'm in Worcester in Massachusetts. There has been a pilot project in Worcester of free buses for public transit. The experience is positive so we will put free buses statewide. Some bus system see a decline in bus ridership and this is a way to increase the use of buses. Public transit is good for the environment. Free buses will help people who can't drive and the poor who have to spend a higher proportion of their income on transportation. Free fare buses is not that expensive because fares don't represent a major source of revenues for transit systems and they save on the fare system which become more costly with new modern technological devices. It is a good investment to increase the use of public transportation.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2021, 10:22:22 PM »

I'm in Sandwich in Massachusetts. We will tackle the water quality problem in Cape Cod. Most of the drinking water in Cape Cod comes from underground and it can be contaminated by different contaminants. The soil here is very permeable and what is on the ground can contaminate water quickly. A big problem is 80% of people in Cape Cod use septic tank to treat wastewater. Liquid and contaminants can go into the ground. It's time to have cleaner water so we will built wastewater infrastructure and pipes, and build more wastewater treatment facilities.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2021, 04:52:32 PM »

I'm in Frenchtown in Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands.

In choosing the campaign songs we wanted to promote local talent. So we chose a song by a St. Thomas group, Obsession Band. The song is I choose us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8m6NkgJAw8

The local elections take place in one week. We are asking the people of Saint Thomas and the Virgin Islands to choose us: the Liberal Party. Many of our members and elected officials are from the Lincoln region, so you can feel at home and understood. We already have a good presence on the different islands. I know I choose us. Please choose us! Here is the campaign banner with the slogan:

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2021, 10:35:10 PM »

I'm in Nadir on St. Thomas Island, Virgin islands. This is the location of what was known as the bridge to nowhere. A structure was built but the project stalled for twenty years because land acquisitions to build access ways to the structure had to be completed. So for twenty yeras the structure was not accessible. What a waste of time and resources. A situtation like this will not happen with a Liberal government. It will do better at project management and a more efficient use of our resources. For better management, choose us!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2021, 04:11:39 PM »

I'm in Red Hook in St. Thomas. The surroundins areas have beautiful beaches and people can do watersports. The marina is a starting point for boating and fishing expeditions. There are many ferry routes starting from this place, such as a link to the island of Saint John to the east. This shows the marina is an important place for the economy. To welcome all the boats, for transportation and tourism, the town needs good installations so we will renovate the marina and have more places on the docks. We will put stands for the different businesses offering services to tourists for easy access. Choose us and we will make the port area more beautiful and practical.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2021, 09:56:34 PM »

I'm in Dorchester in Boston in Massachusetts. Dorchester is a diverse neighborood. I'm here to support a program that can benefit minority youth but is open to all youth. A Liberal government will finance in tandem with cities summer youth employment programs. It will be for teens old enough to work and people just after teen years. Summer employment programs in addition to earning money make youth earn job readiness skills, it can make them develop post secondary education projects and develop a sense of being part of the community. The program can also help lower crime. By helping develop job and education prospects it makes turning to crime a less attractive option. We will make youth discover what they like for future jobs, develop social abilities, responsilbility and lauch many young people in a good future.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2021, 11:21:54 AM »

I'm in Grafton in West Virginia. I find there is a lack of health services especially in rural areas. All citizens should have an easy access to health sevices. We will work to get doctors and nurses to work in less served areas. We will advertised for international professionals if it needs to come to that. We wil also push for telehealth services but this need good and fast internet connection all over the state.

The campaign banner has a train carrying coal to show the importance of the industry.

The campaign song is from Brad Paisley, someone from West Virginia who managed to make a great singing career. The song is Welcome to the future because the state has a great future if it elects a Liberal government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3QOlSBmOaA
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2021, 02:33:13 PM »

I'm in Hernando in Mississippi. The party's official campaign song is Try me by The Weeknd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SR2EdniKEE

The state has not elected many Liberal party legislators in the past but we are still here trying to convince you to elect some of our candidates. Elect some of our candidates could be a check on the other parties. Our legislators will bring a different voice and democracy is better when there are more opinions. Maybe you want to try something new or are tired of the other parties. Vote Liberal! Try it. Here is our campaign banner:

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2021, 05:25:33 PM »

I'm in Rochester in New York State to campaign for our candidates. I have visited many states and my job involves a lot of travel but it feels good to be back in New York, the state where I have lived the majority of my time in Atlasia. Traveling can be fun but there is nothing like being back home.

The official campaign song is Home by Michael Bublé:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbSOLBMUvIE

Another aeroplane
Another sunny place
I'm lucky I know
But I wanna go home
Mmm, I got to go home

New York state can be said to be the home of the Liberal Party. We have the highest number of our membership living in this state. We have past and present officeholders at different levels of government living in New York. There is AGA, CraneHusband, MikeWells and Poirot, all great people. You can trust our local candidates to be as great and give them a start so they can represent you well possibly in the future at the regional or federal level. The Liberal Party is opening its doors to you, the voters, to welcome you in our home. The Liberal candidates want to serve you in our collective home of New York State.

This is the party's official banner for New York State:

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2021, 09:44:53 PM »

I'm in Elkin in North Carolina. The state is divided. There are the major cities that are growing fast. There are rural counties that see a loss of population. Over the last decade 43% of counties saw a loss of people. A Liberal government will work to pull everyone in the same direction. We need policies to bridge the two types of areas. Rural areas need to be able to maintain schools, they need to have job opportunities, they need access to technology. The arrows on the campaign banner represent pulling urban and rural in the same direction instead og going in opposite direction. We will pull North Carolina together, towards common goal.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2021, 10:31:59 PM »

I'm in Salisbury in North Carolina. It's the hometown of Elizabeth Dole who is among other things a former President of the American Red Cross. A Liberal administration will work to enhance preparedness in some of the Rec Cross missions: disaster relief and health and safety. The state can have bad weather, storms, hurricanes, flooding. We need to be ready for these things and help our people. We need to have plans to provide shelter, bring food and medicine, and restore power quickly.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2021, 04:40:39 PM »

I'm in Nampa in Idaho. According to statistics Idaho spends the least in the continental Atlasia on education, for the amount spent per student. We will increase education spending in the budget. In a first mandate we will increase it with a goal of being in the top 40 states in rankings. Education of children is very important. They learn basic knowledge that will serve them for the rest of their lives and be good informed citizens, autonomous and productive workers. It's the future of the state that is at stake.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies