Opinion of Animal Crossing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:52:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Animal Crossing
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Animal Crossing
Freedom Series

Horrible Series

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Opinion of Animal Crossing  (Read 199 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2021, 02:09:57 AM »

I find it kind of bizarre that such a child-oriented series has such an insane and toxic fanbase. There was some controversy over an attempt to dox a teacher and get her fired because of her actions "scamming" other players in game. And then even more insane a campaign of targeted harassment and doxxing against a woman because...she posted a picture of her white in-game character with a hairstyle often used by black people and called it "Space Buns" instead of "Afro Puffs".

I guess it's good for children that can avoid all that bullsh!t but seriously, I have never heard of people upset over something so trivial.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 05:45:06 AM »

I've never played it, don't really even know what kind of game it is.  It looks like it's for children and I generally don't like games* that look like they are for children.

(except Human Fall Flat)

*or other cultural items, like the once very popular here My Little Pony
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 07:36:54 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2021, 07:41:46 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

Bizarrely engrossing for a time. And I say that as someone who has only played the very first one back on the Gamecube. I found it so addicting that I refused to play any of the future games for the sake of my sanity when it started becoming a chore which I played out of obligation. That phase was enough to make my interest in futures games wane.

My sister however, doesn't have that willpower and has played every game in the series and has especially been obsessed with the most recent one that came out last year. On the plus side, the habits she formed from playing it replaced her smoking habit. I s*** you not, the game helped my sister quit smoking. So even though my opinions are really a bit mixed on it, I have to be thankful for the series for helping with my sister's health.

And by the way, I don't know what it is about gamers in general but online communities of them are inherently toxic and reactionary, no matter the game.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 08:41:15 PM »

I had always wanted to play Wild World. I tried getting it at GameStop, but they wanted $30. My friend sold it to me for $7.50 (aka what GameStop would’ve bought it for). I played it for a few hours and haven’t played it since. It was worth the $7.50 for the few hours, but I’m not a fan apparently.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 11:41:42 PM »

I got the new game a few months ago and found it pretty dull. Haven't played since the week after I got it.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 01:38:33 AM »

I tried playing it like 15 years ago and found it dull as dishwater back then.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 03:49:17 AM »

Fun factoid of the day:  the least toxic gaymer community is Street Fighter.  I love SFV.  I'm currently Silver in ranked matches online, and slowly clawing my way up.    

You are correct. All the toxics are disproportionately attracted to the child-like games like Call of the D00dy and Super Smash Brothers.  There was even rapes during the e-sports tournies before the virus.  ('tis true. Look it up). Such a shame.  
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 02:33:55 PM »

Now THIS is simply amazing!

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »