HB 28-11: Higher Requirements Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:12:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 28-11: Higher Requirements Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 28-11: Higher Requirements Act (Passed)  (Read 2865 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« on: February 10, 2021, 10:26:26 PM »

I'm opposed to raising the number of posts in the last eight weeks to be eligible to vote. When it was changed from 10 to 8 I found it equals to once a week and round number.

I've posted a lot the last few months because I hold office and participated in NPC elections but I have periods when I don't post a lot. Sometimes I have had to check that I have the minimum number of posts to vote. It doesn't mean I don't read the elections board. Maybe some would say I am a zombie voter. Someone could post hundreds of times on the website but never visit Atlasia except to vote.

There is a big shift in vision. We used to want to make it easy for people to participate, to vote. Now we make barriers to entry. I don't like zombie voting but I still want new peopleto quickly join. New voters who join the week before the election can already feel frustrated their vote won't count because they didn't join earlier.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 05:48:04 PM »

abstain
10 is better than 25 but I am against an increase
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 09:26:01 PM »

Proposing an amendment

Section 4, Part 2, of the Federal Electoral Act of 2019 is amended as follows
Section 4. Voter Eligibility.
2. A registered voter shall only be eligible to vote in a federal election if they have made at least eight ten posts from their account in the fifty six days (eight weeks) immediately prior to the commencement of the election.

The required number of posts is 8. I think that was put in the last federal election act. It's not that long ago. Since then I have not heard people say there was a problem with it. 8 is once per week. I don't see the advantage of making it 10.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 03:00:12 PM »

nay
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 10:13:39 PM »

I don't remember how much time it took me to make 15 posts and 50 posts. If you are not a prolific poster, more a lurker, it's a barrier to enter the game. I don't want to make a restrictive game. It's a game I prefer to be open and welcoming, not have the spirit of an exclusive club you have to wait in line for a long time to enter. If I were not in at the moment I am curious with my posting activity starting today how long would I have to go back to reach 50 posts outside Atlasia.  
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 10:36:53 PM »

I counted my last 15 posts outside Atlasia, from today I need to go back to July 29 2020.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 06:20:59 PM »

Nay
Making it difficult to join a game is not welcoming for new people to participate.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 06:52:45 PM »

Nay
because it's not appropriate to act like a clique that wants to preserve its privilege by living in a gated community
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies