HB 28-11: Higher Requirements Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:12:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 28-11: Higher Requirements Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 28-11: Higher Requirements Act (Passed)  (Read 2896 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« on: February 10, 2021, 02:17:57 PM »

Mr Speaker.

As of lately deep divisions have been sown into our country. We have seen a scourge of offsite recruiting and zombie voting. People on both sides of the aisle recognize action must be taken and I believe together, it will be taken. If we continue down the path we are currently going with this election, I fear partisans on both sides will decry the results as fraudulent if their preferred candidate does not win. I believe we can amend this bill as well to create more consensus and be more efficient, but we should all see that change must occur.

I yield.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 02:30:38 PM »

Amendment is friendly, don't see any issues with it.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 08:01:37 PM »

Ishan's amendment is friendly. I'm not going to try and hijack his bill if that's not his intent. We likely wouldn't be able to get anything pertaining to the current election passed federally in time considering the census is on Friday.

On a different note, the rage exhibited in this thread at any attempt to address these issues shows exactly the state of the game right now. It also proves why these practices are directly harming the game and we need to put an end to them.

This bill was supported by a Liberal former Councillor, a Federalist senator and was similar to bills written by a DA delegate and a Federalist councillor. Yet somehow, for bringing this bill to the floor, we are the ones being blatantly partisan. You can't only call out these issues when the other side does it.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 10:20:32 PM »

I'm fine with it. Representative FalterinArc?
Yeah amendment looks good.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 10:57:50 AM »

I think this is a little bit high of a requirement, I’m not necessarily opposed to it, but I’d like to see the rest of the house decide where 8 or 15 is best, so I’m declaring it unfriendly for the purposes of granting a vote on the amendment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies