HB 28-11: Higher Requirements Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:14:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 28-11: Higher Requirements Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 28-11: Higher Requirements Act (Passed)  (Read 2859 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« on: February 11, 2021, 12:06:27 AM »

I’m aware of the politically fraught situation but will give my two cents on it.

The registration requirement should be nowhere near that high, as others have argued. That said, I’m not adamantly opposed to the voting requirement change, though twenty-five is entirely too high and I would support Sev’s amendment to reduce it to ten; I also appreciate Poirot’s reasoning for eight and am still making up my mind on the matter. The line I will not cross, however, is implementation of this bill (should it pass) before the election – you will not find me attempting to retroactively disenfranchise voters and deprive them of their fundamental right to vote when they have clearly satisfied the requirements to participate in the upcoming elections. March 1 or bust.

Along that line, I’m willing to sponsor Ishan’s amendment as soon as Sev gets the queue in order and acts on the pending amendments from himself.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 12:14:18 AM »

On a different note, the rage exhibited in this thread at any attempt to address these issues shows exactly the state of the game right now.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that in the heat of the moment, but regrettably I couldn't control myself. I apologize to everyone here for flying off the handle.

I'm just sorry my kids had to see me like this.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 11:55:30 PM »

Aye.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 01:35:12 AM »

Closing the vote in my capacity as Deputy Speaker.

By a vote of 5-0-1-3, the amendment is adopted.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 11:35:46 PM »

Nay on the amendment.

Also, a note to Sev to clean up the numbering of the bills. I believe we have two HB 28-10s sitting on the floor at the moment, not to mention two 28-08s.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 11:12:08 PM »

I don't remember how much time it took me to make 15 posts and 50 posts. If you are not a prolific poster, more a lurker, it's a barrier to enter the game. I don't want to make a restrictive game. It's a game I prefer to be open and welcoming, not have the spirit of an exclusive club you have to wait in line for a long time to enter. If I were not in at the moment I am curious with my posting activity starting today how long would I have to go back to reach 50 posts outside Atlasia. 

How many people have joined the game at 15-50 posts and actually stayed an extended period of time that weren't bused in off-site?

I did.

(In fairness, I was at the higher end of that range (it was my 34th post). Still joined the forum and the game on my own though!)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 11:15:41 PM »

May as well see what the whole House thinks of it.

Objection.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 12:20:26 AM »

Nay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies