HB 28-11: Higher Requirements Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:12:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 28-11: Higher Requirements Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 28-11: Higher Requirements Act (Passed)  (Read 2919 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« on: February 10, 2021, 06:57:20 PM »

The worse part is not the voting requirement, but raising the registration requirement. Doing so would not simply reduce zombie voters, it could scare away potential new players. Really, increasing the voting requirement is sufficient, make it high enough so the inactive zombies can't vote, and it will solve the problems on its own. I also would like the house to consider making the post requirement weekly, to discourage spam posting right before the election. Finally, I concur that these changes should take effect after the election, whatever they may be.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 10:24:03 PM »

Doing so would alter the bill to clearly favor registration requirements over activity requirements, which I do not believe is a good solution. Using activity requirements for voting can prevent bloating of the game with obscene amounts of recruits without scaring away new members of the forum who wish to participate. Any off-site recruit or whatever that does not meet the activity requirements would be simply rendered irrelevant. Those who show an active interest would be able to vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies