Opinion of Motorcity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 05:34:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Motorcity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: you know the drill
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Opinion of Motorcity  (Read 2805 times)
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2021, 12:51:24 PM »

My initial thought is he's ok and just doesn't agree with me on every political issue, that alone doesn't make someone an HP. Has he said something weird or offensive?

Check out that last pages on the Noem/Lil Nas X (aka the Satanic Panic) thread
That was the final straw, with the remainder being wasted on his anti-mask stances, that really blew it for his reputation for many people.
I'm not anti-mask

I just don't see the point since I have been vaccinated

Being vaccinated doesn’t mean you can’t spread the virus. Just because other Millennials and iGens who haven’t been exposed to the virus are out partying in close contact doesn’t mean it’s ok for you to stop wearing a mask at work.

Would’ve still voted FF after seeing this post btw, and it isn’t just cause we agree on Buttigieg.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2021, 12:51:58 PM »

You don’t have to respond to every post

Please don’t do that
This thread is about how people think of me (which I have reported and asked to be locked). You don't expect me to respond?

I don’t, because your short and lazy responses decrease the quality of this thread.
Motorcity

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2021, 12:52:48 PM »

My initial thought is he's ok and just doesn't agree with me on every political issue, that alone doesn't make someone an HP. Has he said something weird or offensive?

That was the final straw, with the remainder being wasted on his anti-mask stances, that really blew it for his reputation for many people.
I'm not anti-mask

Being vaccinated doesn’t mean you can’t spread the virus. Just because other Millennials and iGens who haven’t been exposed to the virus are out partying in close contact doesn’t mean it’s ok for you to stop wearing a mask at work.

Would’ve still voted FF after seeing this post btw. I’ve voted worse posters who I have stronger political differences with as FF, don’t see why you don’t deserve the same courtesy.
But there is no evidence that vaccinated people can spread the virus. It seems to be working like other vaccines. 100 million people have been vaccinated in this country.
Motorcity

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2021, 12:53:37 PM »

You don’t have to respond to every post

Please don’t do that
This thread is about how people think of me (which I have reported and asked to be locked). You don't expect me to respond?

I don’t, because your short and lazy responses decrease the quality of this thread.
Sorry if I don't care about thread where people insult me and call me a horrible person. Suppose I was suicidal, how would ya'll feel?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2021, 12:57:33 PM »

Maybe I'm just some radical tranny, but even ignoring his posts in the sh**tshow that is the Lil Nas X thread, I'm not the biggest fan of people who think I'm a dude.
I don't know who you are, when have I ever called you a dude?
I think transgender people should use the bathroom of their biological sex and the same for sports.
Motorcity

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2021, 01:00:45 PM »

Maybe I'm just some radical tranny, but even ignoring his posts in the sh**tshow that is the Lil Nas X thread, I'm not the biggest fan of people who think I'm a dude.
I think transgender people should use the bathroom of their biological sex and the same for sports.

Ok and? I have nothing aganist you as a person. I think its better if a trans person uses the bathroom of their biological sex. A majority of people think this
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2021, 01:04:05 PM »

Since you are a relatively new poster I'll explain. Atlas was started in 2003 or so, and at that point was the era of Freedom Fries and what not. So people started instead of using "good people" to call them "Freedom Fighters".

Or at least that is the urban legend
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2021, 01:05:33 PM »

I'm not anti-mask

But there is no evidence that vaccinated people can spread the virus. It seems to be working like other vaccines. 100 million people have been vaccinated in this country.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/verify/verify-why-experts-say-you-still-need-to-wear-a-mask-after-being-vaccinated/530-05a9b36d-97e5-42d6-8937-d7c78a650ed1

So here’s why you’ll still need that mask:

It will take a little while for the vaccine to kick in. It takes two weeks from your Johnson & Johnson shot or your last Moderna or Pfizer shot.

The vaccines do not 100% protect you from getting COVID-19, just like the flu. If you get the flu shot, you could still get it. And, the virus is changing.

We don’t know about all the variants that are being seen,” said Dr. Koletar. “Nobody likes to wear masks….but when we go out it's important to wear a mask. We’re getting there.”

Another thing to keep in mind is that even though you are vaccinated you could be an asymptomatic spreader. Experts are concerned you can still get it, not have symptoms, and spread it.

So we can verify even if you’ve been vaccinated, you still need to wear a mask.

We aren't out of the woods until everyone's vaccinated and the total number of cases starts going down.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2021, 01:08:28 PM »

Something I've always found interesting is how often trans men get ignored on trans issues, almost as if they didn't exist! For all the talk about "use the bathroom of their biological sex and same for sports"; I somehow doubt that most anti-trans people would let say, one of these people into the women's bathroom; or allowed them to compete in women's sports
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2021, 01:09:02 PM »

Ok and? I have nothing aganist you as a person. I think its better if a trans person uses the bathroom of their biological sex. A majority of people think this
Or maybe a majority of people are wrong and I shouldn't be forced to piss next to dudes. Like, I'm still androgynous looking enough to not bother anybody regardless of where I go to the bathroom, but what happens for people who aren't? Should a flawlessly passing, fully transitioned trans man be forced to use the ladies' room?
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2021, 01:14:49 PM »

Oh, well, then of course there’s a place for you in the Democratic Party! You also subscribe to this strange idea that “popular policy = good policy.”
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2021, 01:35:23 PM »

Anti mask is automatic HP until proven otherwise, and whatever it is he's doing in the Lil Nas X thread doesn't help.

Ok I read up a bit. Complete HP bigot.
I am not a bigot, how am I a bigot?

Besides, I am not anti-mask. I have been vaccinated so I don't see the point in wearing one anymore

If you're not anti mask, I very much apologize for believing the posts saying you are.

As for the bigot part, I think it's just important to learn to respect everyone whether they believe in god or not. Arguing with stuff like "you're going to hell" is pretty bigoted.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »

I am now convinced that this person is a sock or troll.
Motorcity

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2021, 02:04:25 PM »

No I am not. My hobby is politics and this is a fun place to discuss it. Look at all the threads I’ve made and thoughtful input I’ve put into them. And the good discussions they’ve generated
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2021, 02:07:35 PM »

No I am not. My hobby is politics and this is a fun place to discuss it. Look at all the threads I’ve made and thoughtful input I’ve put into them. And the good discussions they’ve generated
Were those before or after you came out in favor of blasphemy laws?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2021, 02:25:35 PM »

Steel-skulled zealot, and evidently a bit of a dim bulb.  Which is highly reassuring given he’s apparently a 6th grade teacher... even if this is in the lost cause wasteland of Tennessee.
I am not a dim bulb. I have two bachlors.

I rest my case.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2021, 02:38:06 PM »

There is an unwritten rule that you don't flood an "opinion of" thread about you with your posts, because 1) the thread is supposed to be about other people's opinions of you 2) this behaviour is obnoxious in any case 3) it probably means you are unable to stand criticism.

And yes, this forum has a tradition that people are free to ask other posters their opinion of a particular poster. It is what it is.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2021, 02:38:46 PM »

Steel-skulled zealot, and evidently a bit of a dim bulb.  Which is highly reassuring given he’s apparently a 6th grade teacher... even if this is in the lost cause wasteland of Tennessee.
I am not a dim bulb. I have two bachlors. One in education and another in history with a minor in political science. I am working on my masters. I graduated from college a year early at 21.

Besides, I have gotton a lot of praise for my teaching
Rated FF for this alone

Motorcity

« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2021, 02:41:11 PM »

Remember when Dem hacks insisted him calling Kelly Loeffler a bitch said nothing about him as a person?

No, I remember calling him out.

I recall politely asking him to maybe not use that word and he proceeded to get extremely upset, which is actually what prompted this poll initially.
That Georgia election was a very emotional time for me. A lot of my future plans and happiness depend on a successful Biden administration. Like millions of other young people. So yes, I called Kelly Leoffler a strong term I now regret
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies