MA-GOV 2022 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:52:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-GOV 2022 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-GOV 2022 Megathread  (Read 21266 times)
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: September 30, 2021, 06:52:13 AM »

Team Charlie.  I did not vote for him in the first two elections, but that 2018 D candidate was never going to beat Ol' Charlie.

I'll be voting for Governor Baker in 2022 - and it will be among the very few times I have ever voted for a Republican in a general election. 

He has been a great Governor for this state and widely popular for a reason.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 02:33:58 AM »

Team Charlie.  I did not vote for him in the first two elections, but that 2018 D candidate was never going to beat Ol' Charlie.

I'll be voting for Governor Baker in 2022 - and it will be among the very few times I have ever voted for a Republican in a general election. 

He has been a great Governor for this state and widely popular for a reason.

I can only wish that more people like him or Phil Scott (or Hogan) would be among Republican party candidates for office, and that this party wouldn't slide to complete idiocy (exactly what it did in the last decade, though it's not alone in this). There is little hope for this right now, but - may be in the future?Huh

Ol' Charlie's a really nice guy.  Yeah, he's not going to raise taxes on the top 0.01% in MA, but he's a nice dude and he's doing the best he can with a very hard situation (COVID).  So he gets my vote because he's widely viewed as better than many of the Governors that came before him.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 05:33:47 PM »

Team Charlie '22!!!!

My King is Alive!!!
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 10:43:57 PM »

I can not wrap my brain around the idea that the era of moderate R governors in Massachusetts is over, at least for now, and our tiny Republican party did the deed. It's been more than 30 years since Weld was first elected.

A moderate Republican can win in 2026 or 2030 if a Democratic governor raises taxes.....Baker will not be the last Republican governor

Agreed.  There will be another.  I think this is Maura's to lose.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 01:37:29 PM »

Endorsing Healey. She will be the next Governor of Massachusetts, and it won't be close.
She'll do very well as Gov.  Hopeful she can be a solid partner with the state house.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 04:59:40 PM »

Wondering if any Massachusetts voters here have made any final decisions about who they may vote for on Tuesday? There’s a lot of open statewide races, so there are some interesting contests (particularly on the Democratic side).

I voted early.  I chose Maura Healey for Governor, Kim Driscoll for Lieutenant Governor, Andrea Campbell for Attorney General, Tanisha Sullivan for Secretary of State, and Chris Dempsey for State Auditor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies