MA-GOV 2022 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:28:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-GOV 2022 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-GOV 2022 Megathread  (Read 21212 times)
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 23, 2021, 11:24:36 AM »

The only person that can beat Baker is Joe Kennedy and so far he isn't running, Market challenge destroyed his career

Finally .. something that makes sense !

4 years of Gov take him to 2026 Senate. Would make sense. Too much sense. So it’s not happening
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 06:22:19 AM »

The only person that can beat Baker is Joe Kennedy and so far he isn't running, Market challenge destroyed his career

Finally .. something that makes sense !

4 years of Gov take him to 2026 Senate. Would make sense. Too much sense. So it’s not happening
if he managed to lose a democratic primary as a kennedy how the hell is he going to beat the republican that came with in 8 points of winning boston in 2018?

I think the incumbency thing was a big deal. I mean JK3 still got 44% of the vote. But the “latte liberal” side of the party was highly motivated for ways the most traditional true Democrat wasnt.
The fact I even have to type this is sad - because I think my state made a horrendous error in judgement - both in how good JK3 is but more so how useless Markey is. But I digress.

Also I think Bakers popularity has slidden for sure
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 12:32:54 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2021, 12:39:46 PM by MillennialModerate »

It’s curious to me Baker hasn’t announced yet.

I mean if he wants to stay in politics what else is he going to do? Nothing.

We all know he’s running again so just announce it...

Baker/Healey: Likely Republican
Baker/Kennedy: Tossup
Baker/Chang-Diaz: Likely Republican
Baker/Allen: Safe Republican
Polito/Healey: Lean Democrat
Polito/Kennedy: Safe Democrat
Politio/Chang-Diaz: Lean Democrat
Politio/Allen: Likely Republican
Diehl/Healey: Safe Democrat
Diehl/Kennedy: TITANIUM Democrat
Diehl/Chang-Diaz: Likely Democrat
Diehl/Allen: Lean Democrat

MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 09:48:20 PM »

Lmaooooo at Kennedy being two ratings more favorable than Healey against both Baker and Polito. You are such an unapologetic hack; I almost respect it.

I definitely don't. That moderate might be a Millennial, but the politics are straight up Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan? LOL are you kidding? Based on what...

Lmaooooo at Kennedy being two ratings more favorable than Healey against both Baker and Polito. You are such an unapologetic hack; I almost respect it.

I mean the only thing some parts of Massachusetts like more than a nonconfrontational Yankee Republican governor is a Kennedy. I don't think its hard to imagine Kennedy winning, but it is hard to see him entering and risking it if Baker remains popular and runs for reelection.

Shh this is actually a smart response. If you say it any louder you’ll read paragraphs of rambling nonsense about the fluke Markey win that was fueled by a coalition of voters that already resent him
and regret it - as if that negates the previous 20+ races
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 05:34:56 AM »

Shh this is actually a smart response. If you say it any louder you’ll read paragraphs of rambling nonsense about the fluke Markey win that was fueled by a coalition of voters that already resent him

Lol, what? I’ve never said anything about Markey’s win being a fluke. That would suggest Kennedy is stronger than he gets credit for, whereas I think he’s appropriately rated or (in your case) weaker than he gets credit for. I wasn’t saying anything about the 2020 race; I just think that a) Healey is stronger or at least as strong as Kennedy in a GE and it’s laughable that you have matchups with Kennedy as *two levels* more favorable to Dems than ones with Healey b) Healey and Pressley are more likely to be the next statewide Dem nominees than Kennedy

I didn’t say you said Markeys win was a fluke. I DID.

And I think he’s very underrated obviously - that one loss has warped everyone’s opinion on him. But it was very much a one off spurred by the AOC/Far Left/Twitter warrior/Latte Liberal crowds random support of Markey. And as I said... they’re already frustrated as hell with him. Which was easy to see because he’s been a political camoleon in his whole career but they wouldn’t listen
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 11:34:46 AM »

Lol, what? I’ve never said anything about Markey’s win being a fluke. That would suggest Kennedy is stronger than he gets credit for, whereas I think he’s appropriately rated or (in your case) weaker than he gets credit for. I wasn’t saying anything about the 2020 race; I just think that a) Healey is stronger or at least as strong as Kennedy in a GE and it’s laughable that you have matchups with Kennedy as *two levels* more favorable to Dems than ones with Healey b) Healey and Pressley are more likely to be the next statewide Dem nominees than Kennedy

And I think he’s very underrated obviously - that one loss has warped everyone’s opinion on him. But it was very much a one off spurred by the AOC/Far Left/Twitter warrior/Latte Liberal crowds random support of Markey. And as I said... they’re already frustrated as hell with him. Which was easy to see because he’s been a political camoleon in his whole career but they wouldn’t listen

Oh. Since you said "paragraphs of rambling nonsense about..." it sort of implied that that was someone else's opinion you were mocking, not your own opinion.

MM should always be reminded about how wrong he was about that race, no matter the context

Just before the race started in earnest in late 2019 I obviously expected JK3 to win because Massachusetts voters are usually smart ones .. so I had no reason to expect the collective electorate to go brain dead.

But saying I was “wrong” about the race is funny considering I’m the one who said in early June that the mood on the ground felt very diffrent from the expectation and I expected that an abomination was likely to take place in September. That was a few weeks before the first serious poll showing useless Markey ahead was released. That’s a funny way of being wrong.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 12:50:00 PM »

Oh. Since you said "paragraphs of rambling nonsense about..." it sort of implied that that was someone else's opinion you were mocking, not your own opinion.

MM should always be reminded about how wrong he was about that race, no matter the context

Just before the race started in earnest in late 2019 I obviously expected JK3 to win because Massachusetts voters are usually smart ones .. so I had no reason to expect the collective electorate to go brain dead.

But saying I was “wrong” about the race is funny considering I’m the one who said in early June that the mood on the ground felt very diffrent from the expectation and I expected that an abomination was likely to take place in September. That was a few weeks before the first serious poll showing useless Markey ahead was released. That’s a funny way of being wrong.

So...you were wrong about your pre-assumptions of the race and the electorate is what it sound a like. Turns it people don’t like family dynasties very much.

1.  “Once is a fluke, two is coincide, three is a trend”. The Kennedy’s are still popular in this state. Very popular. Maybe not what they were but still popular. You  had a a primary election in the late summer during a pandemic when all the focus was on taking out Trump.

The ultra-Uber leftists got behind Markey because they laughably saw him as anti-establishment. And saw JK3 as being the antithesis of what they support (even though he’s arguably been a bigger ally to them then Markey has but using there brain and looking at facts was out of the question ...I still can’t really put a finger on it. Maybe they were sour that Biden beat Bernie? They ignored the fact JK3 had a sterling reputation for answering constituents concerns. In one instance a man was fighting for a law change after losing his son and he said Markey did nothing but stare at his phone and brush him off. JK3 spent hours with him, followed up with him and brought the families concerns to others in the government. There may not have been any Senator that gave a damn less about his constituents and his state than Markey But the logic be damned.... the lattes and red rose Twitter army put a sufficient force of momentum behind Markeys campaign that probably accounted for a good solid 20-25% of the vote. And in a race that finished 55%-45% that was the clear difference. If there is one silver lining it’s that many of them are seeing him for the fraud he is.

The other bit of good news is JK3 will be back and we only have 4.5 more years of Markey

MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 01:18:20 PM »

So did the whacko tin foil hat wearing nut jobs just screw the Republicans out of a Governorship?

How rare is it that one name flips a seat from SAFE to the opposite SAFE?

Healey, Kennedy, Walsh all would make good Governor's although I’m not as high on healey as most.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 05:44:50 AM »

I’m so confused. Most of you guys are saying Walsh would beat Healey but that Healey would beat Kennedy? LOL.

If Healey is really as much of a rising star as many of you think she is - She should be able to beat Walsh. If she can’t beat Walsh then she wouldn’t beat Kennedy either
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2021, 09:56:47 AM »

You’ll hang me out to try for this take but I do think being there is no incumbent - Kennedy would win this if he ran but he likely has no intrest. Otherwise Healey wins easily.

Walsh would be a good Governor but don’t think he wins against Healey
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2022, 01:12:33 PM »

The Lt. Governor primary is shaping up to be a clown car

I don’t get how it’s a “race” when they run as a ticket and are picked by the canidate for Gov.

Convinced if she wasn’t running JK3 would be running. Anyway she wins this easily….
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2022, 06:12:11 AM »

Really wish Baker ran again.

Not overly excited about Healey
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2022, 09:35:47 PM »

In November, Massachusetts will become the first state to elect a female Governor and Lieutenant Governor at the same time.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2022, 09:39:04 PM »

Wondering if any Massachusetts voters here have made any final decisions about who they may vote for on Tuesday? There’s a lot of open statewide races, so there are some interesting contests (particularly on the Democratic side).

Healey
Driscoll
Campbell
Galvin
Dempsey
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2022, 09:50:32 PM »

In November, Massachusetts will become the first state to elect a female Governor and Lieutenant Governor at the same time.

so will Arkansas

Yeah but … ewww Arkansas
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2022, 04:12:38 AM »

I've been told and read that Diehl has no chance of winning the governorship. If so what do folks think is his ceiling in terms of percentage statewide?

35%
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies