MA-GOV 2022 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:22:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-GOV 2022 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-GOV 2022 Megathread  (Read 21240 times)
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« on: February 16, 2022, 12:51:23 PM »

Haven't been following this closely. Is there a reason Kennedy passed on running? I would've guessed he'd be all over this.

Perhaps he's worried about losing goodwill within the state party. His primary run against Markey backfired, and Healey is one of the top Democrats in the state so he wouldn't want to burn that bridge. Joe's run against Markey going down in flames indicates that the Kennedys aren't the stars they once were in terms of Massachusetts politics, and that MA voters don't flock to them as they did in the past.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 01:49:53 PM »

I might actually try to vote in the Republican primary when the time comes around for that. Diehl is probably closer to my views, but a Trumpy Republican is a complete nonstarter in terms of electability here. Doughty is more of a generic business Republican (his website platform doesn't mention social issues), which is closer to the brand that the MAGOP needs to focus on if it wants to become anything beyond a joke party that holds three seats in the state senate and 29 in the state house. Diehl will likely win the primary easily, but it's important to remember that 55% of registered voters in MA are unenrolled (independent) and can thus choose a primary to vote in. Things could get interesting if a lot of independent liberals cross over to vote in the Republican primary, which is plausible given Healey is set to run away with the Democratic primary. I suspect this would have saved Baker if he ran for a third term, and the few polls conducted on this hypothetical seemed to only have focused on base GOP voters and not include independents.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies