Summary of your religious beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:41:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Summary of your religious beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of your religious beliefs  (Read 10081 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« on: February 08, 2021, 04:08:59 AM »

Inspired by the summary of political views thread.

Here's just a template. Feel free to add or remove things:

Religion:
Denomination: (if applicable)

Why do you follow this religion (or lack thereof)?

God: Do you believe in God? Is there more than one God? Is this God all-knowing and all-powerful? Does God interfere in your daily life? Does God talk to you?

Afterlife: What happens after we die? Heaven/hell? Reincarnation? Nothing whatsoever? If there are multiple versions of the afterlife (for example, heaven and hell), who goes where and what determines that?

Prayer: Do you pray? How often do you pray? Do you do it in a certain way? Do you pray to God (or gods) or to something else? Do you say your prayers out loud or in your head?

Worship: Do you go to church/mosque/synagogue/anything else? How often?

Ghosts, spirits, angels, and demons: Do they exist? Are they present here? Have you ever seen one? Are certain people condemned to roam the earth?

One True Path: Is your religion the only way? Do people of other faiths have equally valid beliefs or not? Are your religion's followers saved while the others are condemned for all eternity?

Spiritual objects: Do certain things in the earth (for example, crystals or plants) have spiritual properties?

Religious law: Do you follow religious law or morality codes? For example, fasting or abstinence until marriage? Is not doing so a sin?

Spreading the word: Should it be a mission by people of your religion to spread it to as many people as possible?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 03:46:17 AM »

Never filled this out myself

Religion: some type of feel good liberal Christianity

Why do you follow this religion (or lack thereof)?
I was raised going to church and to Sunday school. But I've thought a lot about and I've come to the conclusion that some things are just fundamentally unknown.

God: Do you believe in God? Is there more than one God? Is this God all-knowing and all-powerful? Does God interfere in your daily life? Does God talk to you?
I believe in God. Beyond that I can't really say much. I don't think God does much intervening in our day to day lives but I do think it's possible.

Afterlife: What happens after we die? Heaven/hell? Reincarnation? Nothing whatsoever? If there are multiple versions of the afterlife (for example, heaven and hell), who goes where and what determines that?
I think there's an afterlife and beyond that a spiritual realm in a place separate from our own world. And I'd think the afterlife is some form of Heaven but I've heard some fairly convincing accounts of reincarnation etc. so it's possible there are multiple paths. I don't believe at all that certain people are saved or condemned because of their religion.

Prayer: Do you pray? How often do you pray? Do you do it in a certain way? Do you pray to God (or gods) or to something else? Do you say your prayers out loud or in your head?
I pray, usually before bed. I usually just pray to relieve the worries in my own life and then for all the people around me especially if they're struggling. I don't know if it does anything or not but I hope it does.

Worship: Do you go to church/mosque/synagogue/anything else? How often?
Go to church but haven't been for over a year cause Covid

Ghosts, spirits, angels, and demons: Do they exist? Are they present here? Have you ever seen one? Are certain people condemned to roam the earth?
I believe in ghosts. I've had a couple encounters that I can't quite explain. First I saw the ghost of my dead aunt not once but twice. I was fairly young but it was a clear apparition. Then I was near some local train tracks at a location which is reportedly haunted and I heard a woman laughing. No people around. And then once my grandpa died, on the night of his death I asked for some type of sign. Around 2 AM I was woken up and the power had gone out. It's not a regular occurrence here. I just felt an interesting sensation almost like there was something else in the room. I've had dead relatives appear to me in dreams before.

One True Path: Is your religion the only way? Do people of other faiths have equally valid beliefs or not? Are your religion's followers saved while the others are condemned for all eternity?
No. I think God's appeared to different groups of people in different forms. Not a fan of "my way or the highway" religions. How can you be sure yours is the way and the only way?

Spiritual objects: Do certain things in the earth (for example, crystals or plants) have spiritual properties?
It's possible. I haven't put too much thought into this though and I'm not sure what type of objects this would refer to.

Religious law: Do you follow religious law or morality codes? For example, fasting or abstinence until marriage? Is not doing so a sin?
There are certain laws or regulations that are pretty much common sense. Christian moral codes of general respect and love your neighbor make a lot of sense. But I don't see myself bound to certain dietary restrictions or sexual codes.

Spreading the word: Should it be a mission by people of your religion to spread it to as many people as possible?
I don't really care about that so much as I care about people minding their own business and stopping religious conflicts.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 02:55:52 AM »

I believe in ghosts. I've had a couple encounters that I can't quite explain. First I saw the ghost of my dead aunt not once but twice. I was fairly young but it was a clear apparition. Then I was near some local train tracks at a location which is reportedly haunted and I heard a woman laughing. No people around. And then once my grandpa died, on the night of his death I asked for some type of sign. Around 2 AM I was woken up and the power had gone out. It's not a regular occurrence here. I just felt an interesting sensation almost like there was something else in the room. I've had dead relatives appear to me in dreams before.

Adding to this:

There's a realm beyond our own world where a lot of strange phenomena come from. I'm not sure where this place is, if it's consistent with some sort of second dimension, afterlife, or astral plane or parallel Earth, but there are many things in this world that we can't rationally explain. I think ghosts and spirits probably originate from this place and what people have described as "UFOs" or "aliens" also come from this same place.

It sounds a lot like what Olawakandi's said in the past about aliens existing in the astral plane but I do honestly believe he's on the right track. The weird properties they seem to have and similarity with a lot of folklore phenomena indicate they might not come from this universe but from another and I think it's a lot closer to Earth than we might realize.

I think a lot of the more evil spirits from a lot of different cultures such as the skinwalker or the Wendigo have plenty of similarities with other alleged beings from around the world and seem to exhibit a lot of the same traits as UFOs do. They just don't exist in the same reality that we do. Ghosts are the same.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies