Summary of your religious beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:19:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Summary of your religious beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of your religious beliefs  (Read 9988 times)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 17, 2021, 12:28:37 PM »

Inspired by the summary of political views thread.

Here's just a template. Feel free to add or remove things:

Religion:
Denomination: (if applicable)

Why do you follow this religion (or lack thereof)?

God: Do you believe in God? Is there more than one God? Is this God all-knowing and all-powerful? Does God interfere in your daily life? Does God talk to you?

Afterlife: What happens after we die? Heaven/hell? Reincarnation? Nothing whatsoever? If there are multiple versions of the afterlife (for example, heaven and hell), who goes where and what determines that?

Prayer: Do you pray? How often do you pray? Do you do it in a certain way? Do you pray to God (or gods) or to something else? Do you say your prayers out loud or in your head?

Worship: Do you go to church/mosque/synagogue/anything else? How often?

Ghosts, spirits, angels, and demons: Do they exist? Are they present here? Have you ever seen one? Are certain people condemned to roam the earth?

One True Path: Is your religion the only way? Do people of other faiths have equally valid beliefs or not? Are your religion's followers saved while the others are condemned for all eternity?

Spiritual objects: Do certain things in the earth (for example, crystals or plants) have spiritual properties?

Religious law: Do you follow religious law or morality codes? For example, fasting or abstinence until marriage? Is not doing so a sin?

Spreading the word: Should it be a mission by people of your religion to spread it to as many people as possible?

Religion: Christianity
Denomination: Lutheranism (Mainline)

Why do you follow this religion (or lack thereof)? I didn't pick God...God picked me, thanks to His grace.

God: Do you believe in God? Is there more than one God? Is this God all-knowing and all-powerful? Does God interfere in your daily life? Does God talk to you? Yes, I do.  One God, Three Persons.  He sustains me by His love and grace.  He communicates with me, not necessarily orally, but through peace and comfort, as well as by those around me.

Afterlife: What happens after we die? Heaven/hell? Reincarnation? Nothing whatsoever? If there are multiple versions of the afterlife (for example, heaven and hell), who goes where and what determines that? I believe in Heaven/Hell, although I always hope that more will be saved in the end than not.

Prayer: Do you pray? How often do you pray? Do you do it in a certain way? Do you pray to God (or gods) or to something else? Do you say your prayers out loud or in your head? I try to pray daily, using the Daily Office.

Worship: Do you go to church/mosque/synagogue/anything else? How often? Weekly, pre-pandemic.  Since mid-March 2020, as often as I can virtually and whenever they're gathering in-person.

Ghosts, spirits, angels, and demons: Do they exist? Are they present here? Have you ever seen one? Are certain people condemned to roam the earth? Demons, devils, angels, spirits, etc. in fact exist, although not to the extent that the TBN types say they do.

One True Path: Is your religion the only way? Do people of other faiths have equally valid beliefs or not? Are your religion's followers saved while the others are condemned for all eternity? Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life; however, other religions can communicate valuable truths for life (for example, Muslims are devoted and disciplined people).

Spiritual objects: Do certain things in the earth (for example, crystals or plants) have spiritual properties? As in...can I communicate with the river?  No.

Religious law: Do you follow religious law or morality codes? For example, fasting or abstinence until marriage? Is not doing so a sin? Morality and virtue ethics are an expression of loving and serving one's neighbor, not as a way to earn favor with God.

Spreading the word: Should it be a mission by people of your religion to spread it to as many people as possible? Yes, although methods may vary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies